1. #1

    [Fire] Ignite Tracking

    Seems Combustionhelper and MyBigIgnite are both broken after patch. They don't track current ignite ticks anymore. Anybody have this issue or know of a fix?

  2. #2
    why need one?

    as of 5.1 combustion will do equal dmg to current ignite... Filter ignite out with a combat addon like msbt and display it in the middle of the screen with font size 50. you will NOT miss it

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by naowin View Post
    why need one?

    as of 5.1 combustion will do equal dmg to current ignite... Filter ignite out with a combat addon like msbt and display it in the middle of the screen with font size 50. you will NOT miss it
    And that shows how much the ignite is doing?

  4. #4

  5. #5
    Been using above addon since MoP release. The update works great too. Before it would actually calculate a bit lower than the combustion would actually be but after 5.1 it displays exact number it will be.

  6. #6
    How do you change the position of that addon?

  7. #7
    You can try this to fix combustion helper:

    Update line 885 to change the first parameter for select to 15:

    combuigndamage = select(15, UnitDebuff("target",GetSpellInfo(12654),nil,"PLAYER"))

  8. #8
    For MyBigIgnite, check the box in the Ignite Frame tab that says Use Combat Log.

  9. #9
    If none of the above works. Try mine:

    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/ignition

  10. #10
    I havent had a chance to login yet, but I believe magenuggets is also meant to do it now.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by andreas1999 View Post
    ignition is by far the best choice!

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by andreas1999 View Post
    If none of the above works. Try mine:

    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/ignition

    Your addon looks good. thank you for creating it, I will give it a go. A couple of questions if I may - as you are here .


    The help text says...

    The timer bar will be visible only if both the Pyroblast and Ignite debuffs are on the target, the two components contributing to the final Combustion damage
    Will it still wait for pyroblast to be active? I appreciate that for the biggest ignites pyroblast will be anyway, but as this is no longer aused by combustion I wondered if you will be removing that as a test.


    Secondly is it possible to set a threshold value, above which maybe it does something like flash with a red background and black text, just to show that threshold has been breeched and this is a good time to combust?

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Mageortom View Post
    Will it still wait for pyroblast to be active? I appreciate that for the biggest ignites pyroblast will be anyway, but as this is no longer aused by combustion I wondered if you will be removing that as a test.
    Oh, nice catch. I'll make sure to change that tonight!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mageortom View Post
    Secondly is it possible to set a threshold value, above which maybe it does something like flash with a red background and black text, just to show that threshold has been breeched and this is a good time to combust?
    I have thought about adding it, but I wanted to make an addon which didn't tell you when to use Combustion, but gave you the information needed so you could decide when to use it. I'm not sure if that's the right decision or not though.

    When you're Fire maging, you know when Combustion is off cooldown and it's time to start fishing for a big Ignite. When that happens, I check the addon window for Pyroblast crits and big Ignite ticks. When the Ignite is big enough, I hit Combustion!

    Maybe it's not to everybody's taste, but give it a try

  14. #14
    Mage Nuggets comes with a built in ignite tracker which seems to always be updated for me

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by andreas1999 View Post
    If none of the above works. Try mine:
    Very nice, DLed it last night and loved it during the LFR run I did. Minimalism, just what I want. One tiny thing was it seemed at times slow to pick up the ticks or not pick them up at all. Not sure if it was latency or what.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Delabus View Post
    Mage Nuggets comes with a built in ignite tracker which seems to always be updated for me
    Indeed, the Ignite Tracker that comes with MageNuggets is very precise and works great for me. Both Combustion and Ignition addons recommended above will work great as well if you are not using MageNuggets.

  17. #17
    While testing them on dummies at the beginning of MoP I found Combustion revealed a number a few milliseconds quicker than CombustionHelper and MyBigIgnite. This could be due to any number of factors on my end but it dictated my choice. I suggest that everybody who is searching for a tracker try those three and also MageNuggets side by side by side by side.

  18. #18
    MyBigIgnite has been updated and works fine

    or you can use this weak aura string

    Code:
    dieMdaGif4scunkjvoLKIzriDlaAxIQmmj5yaAza4zGY0iQRPuTnH03avJtGCoH4Dec3JaYbjuTqLspKaPjsG4IeI2iq(ibuJKGYjf0kLuAMee3uuv7uu5NQugQaLLsq1tHMkixLqzUkf7L6VePbRsoSilMG0JvYKbQltAZi8zenAf0Pv1RvPA2k62cy3s9BvmCrz5s8CKMoQRRqBNa47sQA8eOoprSEcq7xO2anKX3yyZAHiT0nHRtt3Gz6Ckf0xuPH96BTKy1i1iW8KZdEEbzmGrWgbBiJRrkFcaPcMnsm2l(pDD1eFnpR0m(6j7N14lbk(IQtDX1bCx04lX6NfFSKQBaNkKkpq04RbHK9Z6arJV6FkA81aHjUWZhKyczqn1iI4RIYJLo(6j7NvreFPn44AJRnUwJP(dK4)0gYiLtf2qgzjzQXSIsv2ywrPkBKoS89DZgj((PdnKrwsMAmROuLnMvuQYgPdlFF3SzJC5jj1IHmo2pBKtfsLncwf6ibbKKm1OWex45dsmHy8uFFRNs8wJDkGsnKZb0yiz)SA2SrItZgbDAorQghQp5q2G2Jcqe5GIwThbE1UmC4Maqz4gNNeydzCKQsxZeL6TglNPAiJbgN8BiZMnYPP2SZbu24AMOudzK(n5unMV4cSinBKMPldzK(n5uDoamgyCYVHCoa8wZMnosvPCAQn7TMnsCAgFbuDoG7gb)0SzscYP1DQXGVmwuY)0qsYuJ)60gPCADNgSZ3SrOBbZiLtR7ub90C67aAZgVjgegkiI0yAKpwOgf8nccQYguu477YvbvbRksKkyWIAcaLHB8bBmKSFwnk5gbbvzdcWOWGbdyeyYadswUcELSjauoQX6FW8qdApkar2RK3HfPcwfaY7Maqz4g7XaqLNKuluNdOrWpnBMKeUoTXWM1crAPBcxNMUbZ05ukOVOsd713AjXQX15mbFQV9wZgtgYyiz)SAmSzTqKw6MW1PPBWmDoLc6lQ0WE9TwsSA2Oa4CaLRQmBd


    AddOn Author of: SpellNotReadyYet, Rune of Powa

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by houndstooth View Post
    Very nice, DLed it last night and loved it during the LFR run I did. Minimalism, just what I want. One tiny thing was it seemed at times slow to pick up the ticks or not pick them up at all. Not sure if it was latency or what.
    Thanks! As for the slowness, it should pick up the Ignite value as soon as it's reported. CombustionHelper tries to predict the future Combustion value, whereas Ignition displays the values as they're known.

    If it didn't pick them up at all, that's a bug. I haven't noticed it myself but I'll keep an eye out for it

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceDuck View Post
    MyBigIgnite has been updated and works fine
    Finally
    It does work great, just like it used to!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •