Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Castsequence Macro's broken now in 5.1?

Heya MMO-Champs! Is anyone else having odd macro issues since 5.1 went live today? Specifically, I am referring to castsequence based macros, that triggered multiple abilities when listed in proper cooldown orders / GCD priority etc. They don't seem to be working at all currently, and the exact macro's I had for past 2 months since MOP launch, no longer seem to function at all. I can get very basic trinket / item activation macros to work but anything that used to trigger a series of cooldown based spells or abilities in 1 button are apparently fubarred. Anyone else having this problem or if they have, figured out if its something Blizz did intentionally or just a bug?

Here's an example of one of my macros that worked flawlessly for 2 + months, at least until this morning: (the abilities would essentially trigger in order as listed w/repeated key-presses of that macro).

/cast Arcane Shot
    /cast Kill Command
    /cast Bestial Wrath
    /cast Glaive Toss
    /cast Lynx Rush

I had a few more complicated cast-sequence ones that worked great before but are also now busted just like the simpler ones seem to be.
    *Minaah* lvl 120 / Resto & Balance Druid -- GM of Onslaught on Doomhammer-US, Horde

Broken on my hunter as well. Seems like Glaive Toss is the issue for me.

#showtooltip Arcane Shot
    /petattack
    /cast Arcane Shot
    /cast [target=kora] spirit mend

Works fine.

#showtooltip Arcane Shot
    /petattack
    /cast Arcane Shot
    /cast Glaive Toss

Fails. Anyone know if this was intended?

Macros that cast abilities which are on the GCD like the one you posted, OP, have not worked for a LONG time. Your macro would use Bestial Wrath and Arcane Shot (assuming none of the others are off-GCD, not played Hunter much), never use KC, and if you don't have Focus it would GT and then LR. All of which is just bad.

Why the hell would you need such a macro, and why does it prio AS over KC anyway? o.O

E: And as Taryble said, that isn't a castsequence macro. That's just using anything it can.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2012-11-28 at 12:09 AM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, that macro should not have worked, as it's not a true castsequence macro - it working at all is likely due to high lag or some other external factor.

Macros are SUPPOSED to stop once they hit an ability that's on cooldown, unless they're in an appropriate castsequence, like so:
    Code:
    /castsequence Arcane Shot, Kill Command, Bestial Wrath, Glaive Toss, Lynx Rush

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, not even 'proper castsequence' macros are working now, thats sorta my original point. the other macro i listed was just a random list of abilities that DID work actually, w/zero problems pre 5.1. So something definitely got changed, whether intentionally or not by Blizz.

@Taryble- The macro actually doesnt work that you listed; it hangs up at Lynx Rush and causes the rotation to stop- so basically, it goes 1 round, then nada, til Lynx Rush is back off of cooldown again.

@Treelife- I have a few physical disabilities, so combining several abilities into 2-4 buttons worth of macros instead of 8-12 separate abilities, allowed me to competently play my hunter. Now it seems with the 'fixes' if indeed Blizz finally fixed 'broken' macros, I'll have to go back to playing a healer main.
    Last edited by Minaah; 2012-11-28 at 12:23 AM.
    *Minaah* lvl 120 / Resto & Balance Druid -- GM of Onslaught on Doomhammer-US, Horde

Quote Originally Posted by Minaah View Post
    Yes, not even 'proper castsequence' macros are working now, thats sorta my original point. the other macro i listed was just a random list of abilities that DID work actually, w/zero problems pre 5.1. So something definitely got changed, whether intentionally or not by Blizz.

@Treelife- I have a few physical disabilities, so combining several abilities into 2-4 buttons worth of macros instead of 8-12 separate abilities, allowed me to competently play my hunter. Now it seems with the 'fixes' if indeed Blizz finally fixed 'broken' macros, I'll have to go back to playing a healer main.
    You still don't need that many in PvE. Depending on your ability you can keybind 1-5 and then shift+1-5 again. 10 binds just by being able to hold down one extra button. If you have use of your right-hand thumb you could use a gaming mouse such as a Razer Naga too. Either way you don't need to macro everything like that, and you could probably still macro SOME of the abilities, such as a castsequence reset macro for KC>AS.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    i am only really able to play w/1 hand.. w/limited use of the right.. so most things need to be on the 1st action bar and usually buttons 1-6 max. I use right hand for assisting w/movement or when healing, to hit shift / control / alt for modifiers on bound heal spells. Seems to work alot better for me as a healer tho, as when I am dps'ing.

If you have full use of the left hand try to get used to using modifiers on the left side of the keyboard. I prefer control and shift over alt, but to each their own. You can easily double or tripple your 6 binds with modifiers alone. Add some letters too if you can and you should have more than enough. All my binds are around my hand, an example: 1 2 3 4 5 6 R T F G B V C X Z Tab `(tilde)

Or maybe invest into one of those gaming pad things, similar to:
    http://images.amazon.com/images/G/01...MEHYG-3-lg.jpg

That has like 24binds including the 8-way directional thumb pad, and another mouse-wheel.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2012-11-28 at 12:33 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ty for the advice Tree, have tried other specialized mice, etc, they dont really help. I have limited strength / flexation of joints etc in the left hand and i also have to use it to move mouse and type w/keyboard, so what i've developed works great for me, or did.... til Blizz finally 'fixed' the broken ability to chain spells / cooldowns etc. Guess am sorta stuck at the moment.

#showtooltip Arcane Shot
    /petattack
    /cast Arcane Shot
    /cast Glaive Toss

This worked perfectly for all of MoP until today. Would cast Arcane, would cast Glaive when off CD, and would cast spirit mend on me. Now Glaive does not work in this macro. Any idea why and more importantly any idea how I could modify the macro to make it work post 5.1? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Minaah View Post
    Ty for the advice Tree, have tried other specialized mice, etc, they dont really help. I have limited strength / flexation of joints etc in the left hand and i also have to use it to move mouse and type w/keyboard, so what i've developed works great for me, or did.... til Blizz finally 'fixed' the broken ability to chain spells / cooldowns etc. Guess am sorta stuck at the moment.
    I actually have and use the Nostromo listed above. The D pad (once you get used to it) gives you full control of your movement and you can easily change the functions of the buttons on the device. Anything you see on the pad that is moveable in any way can be bound to anything through the software that drives the device. It is extremely configurable, but it does take a bit of getting used to. I found it much quicker in adaptation than my Naga mouse. But, that's a bit off topic from your original post.

Back on topic: I had some issues with macros as well last night but nothing as severe as what others appear to be having. Did they change any spell names or anything like that (intended or otherwise)?
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by Koraman View Post
    #showtooltip Arcane Shot
    /petattack
    /cast Arcane Shot
    /cast Glaive Toss
    Like others have said in this thread. Marcos like that (should) have been broken for a long time.

Whether or not actual /castsequence marcos are working or not right now idk. But once they do...

/castsequence reset=15 glaive toss, arcane shot, arcane shot, arcane shot, arcane shot, arcane shot, arcane shot, arcane shot, arcane shot, arcane shot

Deleted
    Which would reset 15 seconds after the last time you used it (or after you use all the Arcane Shots). The point being that Blizzard doesn't want you to do exactly what you're trying to do.

If the macro in the OP contains two GCD spells (not quite sure on hunter spells) and no longer works in 5.1, that is not a bug but, in fact, a bug fix. Macros like this weren't ever supposed to work.

Deleted
    global cd macroes with the nostromo are a doddle to make, im a complete macro noob and a game pad noob and a mop noob and i easily get my cast sequence to work 10 spells one button click....

i opened a ticket to see if i am in danger of getting banned the keypads are so OP.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Bipolarcare, yes, you're in danger of getting banned. WoW has one simple rule - push the button once, get one effect. Hardware/software macros that do multiple button pushes or repeated button pushes are against the ToS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taryble View Post
    Bipolarcare, yes, you're in danger of getting banned. WoW has one simple rule - push the button once, get one effect. Hardware/software macros that do multiple button pushes or repeated button pushes are against the ToS.
    well that sucks since its one of the major benefits of the pad XDD.

so i am assuming that the hardware is allowed as long as you dont use that function.

thanks for the reply, ill also get back to replying once i hear off a GM.

Deleted
    The hardware itself is allowed, sure. It can still be useful for using keys except alt/shift/ctrl as modifiers, for example.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    The hardware itself is allowed, sure. It can still be useful for using keys except alt/shift/ctrl as modifiers, for example.
    ye i can see that its still a decent bit of kit , its taking me a fair bit of getting used to, that and the fact i have completly changed my style of play also.

I have become at least on my preist a mouse over player , it works really well from what little i tried , it just requires a memory of quite a few buttons and what pressing them does XD.

---------- Post added 2012-11-29 at 10:57 AM ----------

Surely the usage of enchantrix is bannable since, it automates key strokes and mouse clicks for you?

it scans bags finds the greens or whatever and then asks if you want to disenchant? so therefore its automating X clicks and then turning it into 1 click. and it also saves time. This is an advantage and automation, its , also a very viable example to compare the nostromo gaming pad with .

Deleted
    It's essentially making a macro:
    Code:
    /cast Disenchant
    /use <name of green item>
    It then binds that macro to a button. You still need to press the button to disenchant it.

#showtooltip Fervor
    /cast Fervor
    /cast Cobra Shot
    This should always cast CS and Fervor if it's up if I'm not mistaken. After the patch it uses them once, but then nothing until after Fervor is up again. Should this be working and always casting CS or was it "broken" to begin with?