Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    It's essentially making a macro:
    Code:
    /cast Disenchant
    /use <name of green item>
    It then binds that macro to a button. You still need to press the button to disenchant it.
    hmm i ll have to try this albeit a little modified then it will rid me of downloading addons .

Not sure i agree with your argument entirely though, but thanks.

Deleted
    It's not my argument, really. I'm just rephrasing what Blizzard's current policy on the topic is.

I'm going to weigh in on this and I'm sure get some heat and in turn put some heat on us as hunters so I apologize.... I do not consider myself a top tier hunter but I do rank pretty regularly ahead of my gear level on my hunter. I will say to those of you that love putting all your actions on different keybinds and flailing around your keyboard endlessly so that your hands are cramped at the end of a progression boss fight...props and kudo's. However, there is a large contingent of us (for various reasons...some like myself, just arent 16 years old anymore and it just isnt fun to twitch all over the world trying to keep the rotation up while managing the mechanic).... that use macro's to tie several abilities together. I would argue that we should all be doing this but that's for another post. When 5.0 launched...actually way way before when Mop Went to beta....castsequence macro's with Cobra Shot began misfiring.

/castsequence Cobra Shot, Arcane Shot.... as an example...this would eventually hang on a cobra shot. I posted on this months ago because my primary dps spam button coming out of 4.3 was

/castsequence Cobra Shot, Arcane Shot
    /castsequence Explosive Shot, Explosive Shot, Arcane Shot
    /cast Kill Shot
    /use (Gloves)
    /use (trinket)

...Now I apologize for being longwinded in advance

Upsides to this macro?
    A. It accomplishes very elegant focus management with a very legal loophole in computer processing of macro commands....(Boom! did i just tell you about an exploit?!....in my opinion no, however, as we'll see going forward this may or may not be the case with Blizzard)
    B. Tuning your focus requires specific haste numbers tested with the associated buff over long periods of time and variant buttons with increased or decreased focus dumps

Downsides
    A. By having to poll the server for your castsequence you could lose the time between spells based on your latency (in reality this was rare) - This is why most then used the next macros listed at the top of this post.
    B. These of course didnt work once Cobra Shot began to hang up intermittently when tied to any castsequence macro.

Macro's like

/cast Cobra Shot
    /cast Explosive Shot
    /cast Glaive Toss
    /cast Dire Beast
    /cast Kill Shot
    /use ( )
    /use ( )

Would work in the following way...using the computer's own designed path of processing it would try and use every spell from the bottom to the top in order....this was an elegant way to force the computer to unload spells if you had the focus available and the spell was off of CD....if you didnt' it reverted to the first line of your macro and cast a focus builder.

Tier 14 almost encouraged this type of "dumb dumb" macro because the dps without tier gear of running near zero focus and generating just enough for the next big spell was almost as good as the best focus managment possible (within 1%).

Well we know Blizz doesnt want us dumbing down focus management...that's just not fair right???? (sarcasm)

Incidentally

/castsequence Cobra Shot, Arcane Shot
    /cast Explosive Shot
    /cast Kill Shot

Was brutally efficient in 4.3

its variant

/cast Cobra Shot
    /cast Arcane Shot
    /cast Explosive Shot
    /cast Glaive Toss

was pretty powerful because of the changes to Lnl Not using arcanes....this one worked till 5.1...with of course your trinkets, etc piled on the bottom to be used on CD

When 5.1 launched the above macro will now only cast the first line over and over and never look to the rest.

The advantage for Blizzard is....no more "dumb dumb" macros for us to spam??? That's their hope anyway.

I'll leave you with this because I was able to tweak my spam macros with about 4 hours worth of work on the training dummy:

A. Unless Blizzard gets rid of macros entirely (can you imagine the backlash) the computer must still process each line of a macro in a specific order.....they can also outlaw a spell in the middle of a macro (as you might suspect with glaive toss...but I assure you was not the case...it can still land in the middle of a macro).

B. In the hours and hours of real simulation testing I do to verify rotations and spell balance on dummies after simcraft, zehera's, etc. I can tell you that everything but Dire Beast is still very Macro-able.....Not sure why dire beast isnt but it seems to have an exclusion either deliberate or accidental that prevents it from interacting properly with other spells on the Global CD.

I again apologize for the long-winded blather and for stopping short of giving away the exact evolution of what has and has not worked in this never ending game with Blizzard of using macros for multiple abilities.

There is still a way to beat a 16 year olds twitch and hand cramps I assure you!

Deleted
    Since you're not posting a solution to the issue (apart from "I solved it but won't tell you") I'm not quite seeing the point of your post?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taryble View Post
    Bipolarcare, yes, you're in danger of getting banned. WoW has one simple rule - push the button once, get one effect. Hardware/software macros that do multiple button pushes or repeated button pushes are against the ToS.
    Not like they can ever find out really... just they won't support it officially, but they are aware people use them and they can't check it so you're safe really.
    Lots of people use macros etc. tied to one button, hell I have even tanked during Wrath on my pally with a macro that would basically cast all my abilities and would thus pick anyone that was not on CD. Attached it to mousewheel, so while tanking all I had to do was roll the mousewheel and that was basically it. (This was in farm content, not on progress bosses).

Have you tried making a proper cast sequence macro. That macro, as is would of never worked. More complicated macros? You tried filling a bunch of GCD's (global cooldowns) in to one macro to cast all at the same time essentially. You have to make the macro know to start a new cast, no just a new line. Such as,
    /castsequence reset=10 Arcane Shot, Kill Command, Bestial Wrath, Glaive Toss, Lynx Rush

The reset=10 sets the timer to where if you dont click that button within 10 seconds, it will reset, otherwise it will reset after the lynx rush.
    “The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows.”- Buddha

Since you're not posting a solution to the issue (apart from "I solved it but won't tell you") I'm not quite seeing the point of your post?
    I totally agree, what was the point of the massive wall of text and stating you know the solution to the issue in hand but not actually telling anyone what it is??

TROLLING MUCH?!

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    Not like they can ever find out really... just they won't support it officially, but they are aware people use them and they can't check it so you're safe really.
    Lots of people use macros etc. tied to one button, hell I have even tanked during Wrath on my pally with a macro that would basically cast all my abilities and would thus pick anyone that was not on CD. Attached it to mousewheel, so while tanking all I had to do was roll the mousewheel and that was basically it. (This was in farm content, not on progress bosses).
    They can check it. They have checked it. People have, in fact, been banned for using Logitech Gxx keyboard macros and Razer keyboard macros. You're mostly betting that they WON'T ban you for it. A friend of mine made that same bet a few years ago (when the Logitech G-series keyboards were new) and lost it.

Deleted
    Razor nostromo kepad is this kepad allowed and its ability to make macros?.

i realy want to know since i purchsed one and i cant believe the power of it.

and i dont want to be banned because of this.

/focus [@mouseover, exists]
    /assist [@focus]
    /castsequence reset=4 Dispel Magic, Shadow Word: Pain, Penance,Dispel Magic, Holy Fire,Dispel Magic, Smite, Dispel Magic,
    /clearfocus

so making a macro to click that for me via gaming key pad is bannable?

29/11/2012 02:05

xxxxxxxxxxx

Customer Service Representative

Hey friend,

I don't see an issue with using this. This is no different than using a normal keystroke to activate the macro, so game on! Enjoy your new Razor keypad -- those things are sick! =]

If you have additional questions or concerns, please reply to this ticket. If you have any separate issues that you need help with, please navigate to the Support section of your battle.net account, open a new ticket with us, and we will do our best to help you. Here’s a link to our support site: <https://eu.battle.net/support/en/>

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪ Op, Op, Op, Hope I've helped you out! ♪Blizzard Style♪

Warmest regards,
    Britton
    Account & Technical Services
    Blizzard Entertainment

Deleted
    "so making a macro to click that for me via gaming key pad is bannable?"

Not as long as it only clicks it once. That's what the CS rep said, too.:
    This is no different than using a normal keystroke to activate the macro

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfhonors View Post
    Have you tried making a proper cast sequence macro. That macro, as is would of never worked. More complicated macros? You tried filling a bunch of GCD's (global cooldowns) in to one macro to cast all at the same time essentially. You have to make the macro know to start a new cast, no just a new line. Such as,
    /castsequence reset=10 Arcane Shot, Kill Command, Bestial Wrath, Glaive Toss, Lynx Rush

The reset=10 sets the timer to where if you dont click that button within 10 seconds, it will reset, otherwise it will reset after the lynx rush.
    the timer will reset it after 10 seconds after the lynz rush also, so if you complete the sequence and want to start again you will be stuck on that key for 10 seconds after you pushed it, basically any spell which isnt instant cast , the longest one in the sequence thats what the reset minimum should be , but i add 1 second longer .

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 09:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Taryble View Post
    They can check it. They have checked it. People have, in fact, been banned for using Logitech Gxx keyboard macros and Razer keyboard macros. You're mostly betting that they WON'T ban you for it. A friend of mine made that same bet a few years ago (when the Logitech G-series keyboards were new) and lost it.
    i would imagine that every keystroke ingame could be viewed by blizzard if , they chose to watch a player, they surely could see the times and delays of keystrokes, and a helll of a lot of buton clicks with exactly the same time delays on them, will easily show up.

Deleted
    Actually, I believe it should reset after the final spell of the sequence regardless of reset=X condition. Resets are simply added so you can reset before the sequence is finished.

Deleted
    Actually, I believe it should reset after the final spell of the sequence regardless of reset=X condition. Resets are simply added so you can reset before the sequence is finished.

i am pretty sure that the timer if to short will reset early if you have a long cast and the min is set to less of its time.

Deleted
    Yes, true. I got confused by the first part of your sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Krillen View Post
    I totally agree, what was the point of the massive wall of text and stating you know the solution to the issue in hand but not actually telling anyone what it is??

TROLLING MUCH?!
    Not trolling...just expecting you to read between the lines a little and understand how to work through it... but for those looking for a more obvious answer...here's the new macro with the exact same functionality as the one origininally posted. This is a game of playing with the way the game deals with spells on the GCD...it would require yet another crazy longwinded post to describe my estimation of how this works but nonetheless:

/castsequence Arcane Shot
    /castsequence Kill Command, Glaive Toss, Kill Command
    /cast Bestial Wrath
    /cast Lynx Rush

Works the same as you had before....Glaive Toss is one of the many spells that seems to have a problem with its cast timer (should be the same GCD but doesnt seem to be) that means it will be cast behind Arcane all the time...this was the primary change to the functionality of your macro...more and more long CD spells seem to be having this change.

I worked around it with the use of an actual one spell castsequence which kicks its computer priority back down on AS yet does not slow the cast rate of the Macro. This allows the spells later in the macro to go off as available...the exception being the problematic glaive toss... with a glaive being run off every two Kill Commands it makes it easy but you do eventually delay a glaive toss further into the fight an estimated .2% dps loss. Either way this gives you the functionality you need.

If i can make a hunter suggestion this macro would pair well with a focus generating macro next to it...and would eliminate any possibility of delaying a Glaive Toss and the added advantage of unloading Kill Shots on CD when available. Personally I like timing Lynx Rush with fight dynamics but two buttons would cover focus dump and focus gen and still keep your spells on CD

/castsequence Cobra Shot
    /castsequence reset=14 Glaive Toss, Kill Command, Kill Command
    /cast Kill Shot
    /cast Lynx Rush

Just noticed this thread so thought of posting one fact.

spamming this macro:

/castsequence Cobra Shot

VS

/cast Cobra Shot

will result in less Cobra Shot casts per minute due to the way the castsequence work. it will not jump to the "next cobra shot" immediately but will have a certain tiny delay. try and hit either macro for a minute of a dummy (with no haste procs ofc) and see the different.