Thread: vs. BM hunters.

vs. BM hunters.

So, my question is very simple..

How do you deal with them? I'm gonna be honest, I get raped by them either in duels or those random 1v1 situations in bgs..

Enlighten a fellow warrior please. Thank you!

I had a few 1v1 situations doing 2v2 arenas, where my partner dies just as we kill a guy on the opposing team. I don't think I've lost to a hunter ever in that scenario. After he's blown his cds in the beginning, their dmg output doesnt seem too menacing. I can survive long periods or roots and being slowed without being on target because second wind + defensive stance is very powerful against non burst. So try to open defensive and use SHockwave + fear on their zoo of pets, stay in def stance the entire time and pop parry and/or Shield wall if you're taking too much dmg. Once his zoo is gone, if you have offensive cds, he's toast, even if you don't you should still be able to take him down. Use of Shield wall, Defensive Stance, Demo Banner and Die by the Sword at the right time and pretty much nullify even the craziest opening burst.

Quote Originally Posted by cludesafe View Post
    So, my question is very simple..

How do you deal with them? I'm gonna be honest, I get raped by them either in duels or those random 1v1 situations in bgs..

Enlighten a fellow warrior please. Thank you!
    Being spec'd into Double Charge + Shockwave make them a joke.

Charge -> Disarm -> Piercing Howl -> DPS hard but DONT blow CD's yet(now wait for huntards backwards jump) -> Charge -> wait for him to blow his deterrence, then pop skull banner/recklessness/avatar/zerk rage/trink/racial macro and lay waste. Save Heroic Leap and your Die by the Sword / Demo-Banner / Rallying Cry if he gets loose. Make sure Piercing Howl is always up on him.

Especially against hunters, using Intervene on your banners really is SUPER useful. 30yrd range on Skull/Mocking banner, 40yrd on Demoralizing I believe. If you don't have your F1 F2 F3's set to a keybind, setting F1 as intervene and F2, F3 for your banners for that super quick closure of space is reaaally handy
    Last edited by Auberdeen; 2012-12-04 at 06:33 PM.