Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Jess Day View Post
    73k with that gear? I really don't believe you i'm afraid, i've only got 2 pieces dreadful and rest contender 463 heroic gear and the only time i've seen it drop that low was on a warrior who was clearly in def stance.
    Seriously, I noticed a clear damage nerf on my chaos bolts, and i´m not talking about the 25% dot thing.

Doing some random BGs this week after 5.1, some chaos bolts would sometimes hit decent geared players for around 50k, my gear is all dreadfull and 1 malevolent piece. It never did anything less than 70k before.

Doing some testing on dummies I saw a damage decrease too. I´m pretty sure they stealth nerfed CB damage.

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure they didn't, at least not in PvE.

I'm doing around 140k hits on players with no pvp gear and no ds, on targets that prolly also have 0 resi (new pvp daily hub is warzone), so perhaps it's something only applied in strict pvp zones? Or maybe those players just had cooldowns up?

Deleted
    I haven't been able to find info about it, but does the dot part takes haste into account ?

OK, it's 3 seconds, 1 tick / second base rate. But regarding haste, is it :
    - haste speeds up the tickrate without adding ticks (see MG/DS)
    - haste speeds up the tickrate but possibly adds ticks (like regular dots)

Not that it changes anything, that's just out of curiosity

Quote Originally Posted by Jess Day View Post
    73k with that gear? I really don't believe you i'm afraid, i've only got 2 pieces dreadful and rest contender 463 heroic gear and the only time i've seen it drop that low was on a warrior who was clearly in def stance.
    yes probably so, I'm might've been the reason.

But still the damage difference is clear.

I can confirm. When the patch went live on Tuesday the DOT absolutely was getting clipped, but as of the rolling restart on Wednesday the DOT now stacks. You can and will see the duration increase above 3 seconds visually.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumaw View Post
    Seriously, I noticed a clear damage nerf on my chaos bolts, and i´m not talking about the 25% dot thing.

Doing some random BGs this week after 5.1, some chaos bolts would sometimes hit decent geared players for around 50k, my gear is all dreadfull and 1 malevolent piece. It never did anything less than 70k before.

Doing some testing on dummies I saw a damage decrease too. I´m pretty sure they stealth nerfed CB damage.
    What you are probably noticing is some of the better geared players coming back to try and ugprade their gear. So they are playing more often right now.

I've definitely noticed that the competition I'm fighting is often better equipped than before the patch, and I'm playing my main more... I've upgraded all my pieces of Dreadful and will be buying and upgrading Malevolent pieces as soon as I get my Malevolent daggers.

As for the training dummies, I have no idea...

Quote Originally Posted by Iry View Post
    I can confirm. When the patch went live on Tuesday the DOT absolutely was getting clipped, but as of the rolling restart on Wednesday the DOT now stacks. You can and will see the duration increase above 3 seconds visually.
    Well, that's definitely something. Gonna try that out now.

Quote Originally Posted by nipil View Post
    I haven't been able to find info about it, but does the dot part takes haste into account ?

OK, it's 3 seconds, 1 tick / second base rate. But regarding haste, is it :
    - haste speeds up the tickrate without adding ticks (see MG/DS)
    - haste speeds up the tickrate but possibly adds ticks (like regular dots)

Not that it changes anything, that's just out of curiosity
    Actually, if it does add ticks with haste that could be a fair amount of damage gain by going for one extra tick depending on the rating required. However, I'm 99% sure that it doesn't add ticks as it's only around 2000 haste that we'd get 4 ticks for a dot that ticks every one second for 3 seconds.

You wouldn't see an increase until 4703 haste rating (assuming raid haste buff) if that was the case.
    Back when dot snapshotting was a thing, I wrote this piece of junk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    In case you haven't noticed the dot is a magic effect and therefore dispellable...
    -1 pt of faith in Blizzard.