Power Strikes bug?

The patch notes say that Power Strikes is supposed to be granted every 20 seconds (which is what it was before, so I don't understand this).

But I'm having Power Strikes granted to me between 8 and 12 seconds now. Sometimes it's 8, 9, 10, 11, or 12. Completely random. Anyone else noticed this?

Edit: I just had the Power Strikes buff reapply after 1 second. I jabbed, then Tiger Palmed, and Power Strikes had already come back up and was available. Thinking this was a graphical bug, I RSK'd down to 1 Chi, and Jabbed again. Sure enough, back up to 4 Chi. To make sure THIS wasn't a graphical bug, I used BoK twice to make sure.

Edit 2: Just had samples of 4 seconds, 13 second, 2 second, 1 second, and 9 second refreshes of Power Strikes.
    Last edited by Shaley; 2012-11-28 at 06:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was this happening yesterday? I did 4/6 with power strikes last night and didn't notice anything unusual. The annoying thing to me is it says "next attack" should trigger PS but you still have to use Jab specifically (as BrM at least).
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Disregard. I never did these attacks consecutively. I would consume Power Strikes, then report back when it came back off Cooldown (which would display between 1-19 seconds)

I was not aware that it's just a flat 20 seconds, regardless of if you consume it or not.

I got out my stopwatch, and started a Power Strikes at 0

I then had procs at

1:13
    1:33

I stopped at this point and did not consume Power Strikes. I jabbed at 2:25 to consume, and had a proc occur at 2:33.

Edit: The only thing I don't like about this is there is no way to know the internal cooldown of PS before a boss fight. You may pull the boss, consume Power Strikes, and then it comes back off CD 3 seconds later. That would personally mess with my rotation, but maybe that's just the rogue in me talking. Monks are definitely a little better at handling unexpected Chi i'd say, haha.

Edit2: I used Brewmaster Tao addon to track Power Strikes. It would just count down 20 seconds from when you used it and would be blank if you were benefiting from the buff.

Tao seems absolutely useless for this now unless it's completely redone. Tao will still be a superior addon for the Stagger benefit it provides, but with an internal CD for PS that you can't see.. That's going to be a little annoying to get used to.
    Last edited by Shaley; 2012-11-28 at 06:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaley View Post
    Tao seems absolutely useless for this now unless it's completely redone. Tao will still be a superior addon for the Stagger benefit it provides, but with an internal CD for PS that you can't see.. That's going to be a little annoying to get used to.
    You can track the ICD through WA but my string exploded last night so have to rebuild it (through the various threads probably) and either rebuild the ICD option or hopefully someone is including it.

That is if I don't switch to Ascension anyways.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.