Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    SO they increase chi gen on SoM and nerf our single target throughput.

    So...you buff our single target healing...because it was shit...and then you bring down its throughput. To worse than before...not sure what's goin on here.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by gnorrior View Post
    SO they increase chi gen on SoM and nerf our single target throughput.

    So...you buff our single target healing...because it was shit...and then you bring down its throughput. To worse than before...not sure what's goin on here.
    The developers work in mysterious ways, but what puzzles me most isn't the decision itself (you can kind of see the logic: "40% more Chi from SM! oshit that means more EM uptime, better nerf"), but the fact that this patch was on the PTR for a month and it only appeared as late as a hotfix, without even a tooltip fix. If this was tied to SM (which makes sense), why was this not on the PTR? If it isn't, who in the world thought that MW single-target healing needed a nerf?

    Even so, this is a TERRIBLE way to nerf or compensate for the SM buff, since now EM heals for the same as other class's greater heals, but ours won't save someone from dying within 3 seconds.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    The developers work in mysterious ways, but what puzzles me most isn't the decision itself (you can kind of see the logic: "40% more Chi from SM! oshit that means more EM uptime, better nerf"), but the fact that this patch was on the PTR for a month and it only appeared as late as a hotfix, without even a tooltip fix. If this was tied to SM (which makes sense), why was this not on the PTR? If it isn't, who in the world thought that MW single-target healing needed a nerf?

    Even so, this is a TERRIBLE way to nerf or compensate for the SM buff, since now EM heals for the same as other class's greater heals, but ours won't save someone from dying within 3 seconds.
    As far as I knew, the only time people used SoM is to tank heal. So a SoM buff meant, to me, a tank healing buff. Evidently, they think our tank healing was fine (they're on a drug, and it must be pretty damn good because I want some), and they intended SoM buff to make it a "viable" way to chi gen or a way to "lower throughput for a lower cost" (which we didnt have before, admittedly).

    The only reason I can think of that EnvM was nerfed is Tsulong and how powerful it is on there.
    But as you say, EnvM being nerfed as such means we now COMPLETELY lack the ability to pick tanks up w/o our flash heal. Its like "Well this is supposed to pick someone up...but instead its just going to double your soothing mist strength."

    I'm not going to say we're absolutely worthless.

    But from a marginal analysis of our average raid HPS and complete lack of utility/raid cds/tank cds/tank healing comparing to other healers in a highly competitive heroic raiding guild, I'd say we're pretty worthless atm.
    Last edited by Astraios; 2012-11-28 at 11:30 AM.

  4. #24
    Hey at least we still have SCK spam... you know, the thing they nerfed because it was all people were doing, and then they nerfed everything BUT that by almost the same amount? Yeah...

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctorant View Post
    To my knowledge Dream Paragon didn't have any monks on their roster? You don't count Paragon as a top guild?
    Right, I don't count 10 man guilds as top guilds when it comes to discussing MW nerfs

  6. #26
    I'd like it if they reduced the cost to 2 chi to compensate, but it's still a decent option....in 5 mans. sigh
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

  7. #27
    The Patient Valient's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Surrey - England
    Posts
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctorant View Post
    To my knowledge Dream Paragon didn't have any monks on their roster? You don't count Paragon as a top guild?
    Paragon are a 10 man guild, all/most of the people complaining are talking about 25 mans and PvP, your argument is moot.

  8. #28
    The Patient Trolden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    334
    My friends say i am high, but that new icon of Enveloping Mists disturbs me so much. All of my skills are green, but this one is yellow.
    Thanks God i found the old icon and used it for my macro.

  9. #29
    Just tried it out on tsulong. seems fine..

  10. #30
    Absolutely devestating patch for pvp monks as far as i see it, no clue what to do now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •