Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    So the guy came on for an interview under the guise of talking about Benghazi... only to just rip on the network on their own air time. Who WOULDN'T have ended the interview early? He nearly completely ignored the question and just focused on ripping on Fox News. He clearly planned this deception ahead of time. It was dumb of Fox News to say he apologized (if they even did), and yes they are a right-wing news network, but really, ending that interview early was perfectly okay. The fact that this guy was even ON Fox News atleast somewhat points to the "Fair and Balanced" mantra where they bring in people that don't agree with them to speak.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Your title for the thread is just a smidg misleading,
    To say he "blasts" them and the interview is ended when all there was, was a statement of what he believed was fact (not in a raised voice or in anger) and the news caster had nothing he could respond with so the interview ended politely and wasn't cut off.

I clicked on the thread expecting to watch some crazy foam at the mouth at the news guy,ranting and raving and for it to be cut mid interview...i was disapointed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    Your title for the thread is just a smidg misleading,
    To say he "blasts" them and the interview is ended when all there was, was a statement he believed was fact (not in a raised voice or in anger) and the news caster had nothing he could respond with so the interview ended politely and wasn't cut off.

I clicked on the thread expecting to watch some crazy foam at the mouth and the news guy ranting and raving and for it to be cut mid interview...i was disapointed.
    A lot of things like this are a bit exaggerated in their titles, due to the posters seeing a "GOTCHA" moment. I think that he entered with a plan of what to say, due to his first response and how it was structured, and that the network knew that they might have to end it early. That said, I think he was fairly justified in what he said.

It's Fox News - what's not to know of em that everyone knows already?

Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    So the guy came on for an interview under the guise of talking about Benghazi... only to just rip on the network on their own air time. Who WOULDN'T have ended the interview early? He nearly completely ignored the question and just focused on ripping on Fox News. He clearly planned this deception ahead of time. It was dumb of Fox News to say he apologized (if they even did), and yes they are a right-wing news network, but really, ending that interview early was perfectly okay. The fact that this guy was even ON Fox News atleast somewhat points to the "Fair and Balanced" mantra where they bring in people that don't agree with them to speak.
    So in one breath you blast the guy for coming on under false pretenses and in the next you're praising Fox News for being fair and balanced by allowing him to come on, presumably to agree with their POV? Can't have it both ways brosef, pick one.

The fact that this guy was even ON Fox News atleast somewhat points to the "Fair and Balanced" mantra where they bring in people that don't agree with them to speak.
    Unless they brought him on to help legitimize their position. In which case...whoops.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Its FOX News. Its not like they've ever had any credibility to begin with. They are infotainment, at best.

Though my personal favorite was when they tried to ask their boss about the phone hacking scandal. So very brave of them.
    That's pretty much every major media outlet. The difference between Fox and the others is that there bias is so extreme, and it sells. Most other stations have more moderate biases and will play to them just as much as Fox plays to its, it's just that they happen to be selling to a group that appreciates a more moderate view.

A network's behavior during Benghazi is relevant to the discussion. As for being on Fox being 'fair and balanced', when they do a discussion segment like that, they don't really bring on people who will have a strong argument/personality about the subject. They try to get people that they can beat down to make their side look better, basically.

Also, I would hardly call a couple lines spoken in such a calm demeanor as 'blasting'. Thread title made me thing of something else.
    Last edited by v2prwsmb45yhuq3wj23vpjk; 2012-11-28 at 08:07 AM.

Great clip, wish more would do stuff like that.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO