Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Getting PvEers flagged is amusing.. I remember many evenings of amusement at tricking people into flagging and then destroying them 3:1.

Way too many people use multi-target attacks without realizing it, and that opposing faction flagged player that jumps right in front of you mid combat while you're multi-targeting.. yeah, that gets you flagged fast.

Personally, I prefer what Rift does. If you don't have pvp enabled, you can't attack a pvp flagged npc or player that would cause you to be flagged. There's more to it but it eliminates most of the "oops" out of flagging.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkhelmet View Post
    Way too many people use multi-target attacks without realizing it, and that opposing faction flagged player that jumps right in front of you mid combat while you're multi-targeting.. yeah, that gets you flagged fast.
    AoE's do not affect flagged players if you're unflagged on a PvE realm, unless of course you have them targeted and attack them with the direct spell.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    People go on a PvE server but are forced to PvP? Kinda ridiculous. I'm on a PvP server and I accept the PvP that goes on but if it's PvE? Yeah that's fair enough to bitch, you chose that realm to avoid the ganking and should continue to have a non-ganking experience.
    They are not being forced to PVP, they did something stupid that got them flagged or they were ignorant and did something they did not know would get them flagged for pvp. In the latter case you learn from your mistake and don't make it again and if that means looking where you are going to land to attack a mob you need to make sure its not in aggro range of a pvp guard then thats a minor sacrifice.

If you get flagged for PVP you have options, options which include continuing to do what you are doing and hope no one ganks you or teleporting back to home city where you are safe from pvp. You could also do what I did when I was flagged for pvp yesterday and fly straight up into the clouds where you cant be seen and waiting for 5 minutes for the flag to drop while getting snacks/water/bio taken care of. I didn't feel the need to come here and breathe fire because I didnt know that the guard would pvp flag me.

If you die you have the options as well, you always have options unless you are too stupid to realise what your options are and continue doing what is getting you killed just so you can nerdrage about it on the forums.

Unfortunately some people don't think their problems through and would rather rampage on forums about what activities they are forced to do that they don't like to do. Everyone is completely capable of clearing these dailies without getting PVP flagged if they use half of their brain.

Just did the quests just fine on PvE realm. I was not PVP marked from the beginning and had no troubles at all. Although you have to be careful not to target Alliance players, because if you do and you do hit them, well than you're marked.

All is fair when you're marked for PvP.

So where are all the queers telling him to go roll on a PVE server and that's what he gets for rolling PvP? good times.

Being the best at wow pvp is like being the best retard at the special olympics - grats, the rest of the world is laughing at you.

Sorry OP - looks like the company that makes the shit game you play doesn't give a crap about what you rolled. The people on this thread sum it up as - YOU ARE STUPID or DEAL WITH IT.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-11-28 at 09:50 PM.

Deleted
    i like world pvp and all, but this is a bit silly. the horde town on my server is just constantly camped by 5-6 alliance, i still managed to do my dailies but it was a bit annoying. i dont mind getting attacked by 1 or 2 people while doing my dailies, but when theres whole groups just killing people over and over again in the town, the guards are more than useless. also, i dont know much about this patch but can someone tell me why the horde town is full of alliance and getting destroyed with really bad guards, but when i go to the alliance town the guards dismount me and hit a lot higher than the horde ones? i dont really know the story of this patch, guessing its something to do with that.

Deleted
    not had any issues so far, seen alot flagged just made sure I didn't hit them.
    Did have mount issue tho, seemed out of phase for a moment and dismounted me, fast reactions meant I got,slow fall in time.
    Last edited by mmoc9bf106605f; 2012-11-28 at 09:55 PM.

Deleted
    can players dismount you now? i was just flying above the horde town, and a shammy targeted me, and i fell off my mount. combat log shows nothing other than "falling damaged you 167000"

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    can players dismount you now? i was just flying above the horde town, and a shammy targeted me, and i fell off my mount. combat log shows nothing other than "falling damaged you 167000"
    There is an item, if you are flagged, that an opposing player can throw at you and knock you off your mount. This may have been the cause.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=86584/hardened-shell

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post
    There is an item, if you are flagged, that an opposing player can throw at you and knock you off your mount. This may have been the cause.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=86584/hardened-shell

oh... thats a bit annoying.

Turtle Shell. I have one on all my 90s specifically to shoot down hoverers. Especially while they are yelling gibberish over my Shrine.

And yes, splashes flag, it's really hard to avoid when someone is all up in your business. It'd be fine if they were by themselves but cowards like that are only so brazen since they have 3-4 buddies waiting to help them. Solution, get 3-4 buddies of your own and force them to GY rez...

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Sure... NOT, you do know that PvP wasn't originally planned to be in WoW right?
    Actually, the launch day of wow brought 43 PvP realms online in the US

Source: http://www.wowpedia.org/Timeline_%28...of_Warcraft%29

oh... thats a bit annoying.
    I disagree. What was annoying are people hovering over your shrine/capital city and yelling crap and emoting while just out of range of spells (but not the awesome turtleshell)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    I disagree. What was annoying are people hovering over your shrine/capital city and yelling crap and emoting while just out of range of spells (but not the awesome turtleshell)
    but when im flying high above the horde town

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    lol... unless... the person annoyed was the person doing the griefing

---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 03:03 PM ----------

but when im flying high above the horde town
    You would have to be within range to get hit. You can stay way up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorret View Post
    Soooooo...... after getting ganked 6 times on a PVE server trying to do the new dailies I've come | | that close to cancelling my account.
    Is it normal? I mean, is this how it's going to be, constant ganking by group of 5-6 hordes ?
    This is typical of the first day after a patch that creates a high traffic area, even on PvE servers. There's always a few PvP'ers on PvE servers that wait for the opportunity to find people that get flagged and get some easy kills. In a couple days, those PvP'ers will get bored and will stop. (Unless you're on a severely misbalanced server... mine is like 67/33 and this sort of stuff still dies down fairly quickly)

Deleted
    Good idea for servers with 1:1 horde ally ratio or even close to that but on servers like mine where the ratio is 3:1 it's getting kinda annoying... cant even turn in the quests. It get more and more fun because we cant get any of the control points so ally have that Health and Damage buff all the time and they can fly in our base.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    I'm talking abut development, not launch - which is why I said "wasn't planned".
    Not to mention there's a reason they call them "Normal Servers" and not "PVE Servers". :P

I did them yesterday...didn't get flagged once.

If it's red, make it dead.