Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

New dailies... greifing paradise?

Soooooo...... after getting ganked 6 times on a PVE server trying to do the new dailies I've come | | that close to cancelling my account.
    Is it normal? I mean, is this how it's going to be, constant ganking by group of 5-6 hordes ?

Deleted
    So, now you have to do PvP in order to progress in PvE legendary questline?
    Last edited by mmoc8c38b7d291; 2012-11-28 at 02:08 AM.

What you're describing isn't "griefing".

Quote Originally Posted by Vorret View Post
    Soooooo...... after getting ganked 6 times on a PVE server trying to do the new dailies I've come | | that close to cancelling my account.
    Is it normal? I mean, is this how it's going to be, constant ganking by group of 5-6 hordes ?
    Havent done them yet as its not live here yet... but....... I take it you are flagged by the new dailies (having to kill enemy forces etc). If so then yes, of course its normal. The idea is that you are supposed to team up with others and then when you are attached engage in world PVP. It exists even on a PVE server tbh (although its not that much). You do have a choice of being flagged or not on a PVE server. If these dailies flag you - you can choose not to do them. Some would say thats no choice, and I admit it isnt MUCH of one - but it is still a choice. Personally I am a PVE player who enjoys the occasional PVP - but I want to say WHEN I pvp by going into a battleground. I will not much like doing dailies where I am getting ganked either but I have to admit that noone is forcing me to do them.

It is a outdoor PvP thingy... you are supposed to fight against other players.

PvE Legendary? i thought it was just Legendary, you know, prove yourself legendary in the World of Warcraft and its many aspects

I might actually enjoy doing the dailies if I get to kill the people of my realm. PvE server.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorret View Post
    It's simple. Don't attack enemy players. If you just attack the NPCs you will not be flagged. It's your own fault.

Deleted
    The line "I'm cancelling my account QQ" has gotten to a point where it's boring as shit. Do you really think we give a fuck?

Patch day, everyone is out there.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    I might actually enjoy doing the dailies if I get to kill the people of my realm. PvE server.
    This! I have quite a lot of friends on both factions on my server, nothing more satisfying than coming across people I like and slaughtering them! It's just harder cos PvE server.

Quote Originally Posted by lywyu View Post
    The line "I'm cancelling my account QQ" has gotten to a point where it's boring as shit. Do you really think we give a fuck?
    I said I almost, didn't say I did.
    And I wasn't attacking other players I was attacking quest NPCs.

I think this poor guy just isn't used to how PvP servers work and as far as I know for all intent and purpose Krasarang is now a PvP zone whether you're on a PvE realm or not.

No, it's not griefing, but some of us grew up on PvP servers and forget that PvE server players may have never seen anything of this caliber in their entire play experience.

To answer your question, OP, give it a week and then try doing your dailies off-peak. Its the night of the big patch, of COURSE there are gonna be people LOVING this new feature and PvPing in the world like its Old Hillsbrad Foothills.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    obviously i cant really say for sure but these quests seem fairly similar to the ones in grizzly hills where you are killing npcs of the opposite faction in a semi quasi pvp environment. im sure the point of having the quest npcs close to each other is supposed to spurn world pvp but as i recall with the grizzly hill dailies as long as you werent pvp flagged the npcs would not flag you for pvp combat. if these are in fact the same way it works then i would suggest just going to an appropiate area and simply waiting until the flag drops.

however, if theyve purposefully made it to where the npcs flag you for pvp combat, regardless of being on a pve server or not, then it appears you will have to simply deal with it and group up. this line of thinking seems like it would do blizzard more harm than good, especially given peoples utter disdain for pvp on a pve server, but then again nothing with blizzard surprises me anymore

Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    obviously i cant really say for sure but these quests seem fairly similar to the ones in grizzly hills where you are killing npcs of the opposite faction in a semi quasi pvp environment. im sure the point of having the quest npcs close to each other is supposed to spurn world pvp but as i recall with the grizzly hill dailies as long as you werent pvp flagged the npcs would not flag you for pvp combat. if these are in fact the same way it works then i would suggest just going to an appropiate area and simply waiting until the flag drops.

however, if theyve purposefully made it to where the npcs flag you for pvp combat, regardless of being on a pve server or not, then it appears you will have to simply deal with it and group up. this line of thinking seems like it would do blizzard more harm than good, especially given peoples utter disdain for pvp on a pve server, but then again nothing with blizzard surprises me anymore
    The expansion is about war. The entire concept is unfortunately moot if they can't blur the lines between PvE and PvP.

Don't get me wrong, I totally understand some people's need to roll on a PvE server. I myself have always played on a PvP server even though im not the best or really into PvP. But I like the concept of the world feeling threatening, and you just can't get that on a PvE server imo.

There's always the option to not do this questline, but I bet thats not really an 'option' for a lotta people as they love the lore and story and wanna see it.

Its a drop in the bucket, and blizz's first time trying to meld Pve and Pvp to actually tell a story...I welcome it.

Honestly, I'm not entirely certain how I got flagged for PVP - there are flagged NPCs about, so I assume I may have stray tab-targeted one at some point but I could have sworn I was careful after I noticed them (didn't flag me when I noticed, just thought, "Huh, guess I'll be careful"). Went inside, carefully targeted stuff to attack, and somehow I was flagged. A group of the opposite faction were whirling through the area tearing up the random flagged enemy.

Next time I got flagged, I'd killed an NPC (single target dmg), wasn't flagged. Knelt down to loot, and suddenly I was flagged. No idea how that happened. No idea why there should be a delay between killing something and me getting flagged. I wasn't even healing anyone. Obliterated by the camping enemy.

Tip toed back, unflagged, and attacked only three NPCs for my quest, and was fine. Flagged enemies continued to circle on flying mounts up above.

It wouldn't be a big deal to me, I don't mind having to be careful about what I target to fight, but at the very least the getting flagged in the middle of looting just sort of confuses the hell out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by lywyu View Post
    I cancelled 2 of my 3 accounts and you may not give a fuck but you can bet your ass Blizz gives a fuck...

Quote Originally Posted by Chirri View Post
    Honestly, I'm not entirely certain how I got flagged for PVP - there are flagged NPCs about, so I assume I may have stray tab-targeted one at some point but I could have sworn I was careful after I noticed them (didn't flag me when I noticed, just thought, "Huh, guess I'll be careful"). Went inside, carefully targeted stuff to attack, and somehow I was flagged. A group of the opposite faction were whirling through the area tearing up the random flagged enemy.

Next time I got flagged, I'd killed an NPC (single target dmg), wasn't flagged. Knelt down to loot, and suddenly I was flagged. No idea how that happened. No idea why there should be a delay between killing something and me getting flagged. I wasn't even healing anyone. Obliterated by the camping enemy.

Tip toed back, unflagged, and attacked only three NPCs for my quest, and was fine. Flagged enemies continued to circle on flying mounts up above.

It wouldn't be a big deal to me, I don't mind having to be careful about what I target to fight, but at the very least the getting flagged in the middle of looting just sort of confuses the hell out of me.
    Yeah, getting flagged while looting is a really weird thing. I expect a hotfix for something like that, but in case its not obvious you might wanna file a ticket so Blizz knows this is an issue.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    ahhhhh.. love to be on twisting neather eu........ 99.9% horde.. hehe.....

guess those daily's are going to be easy mode for me

Quote Originally Posted by malbojia View Post
    I cancelled 2 of my 3 accounts and you may not give a fuck but you can bet your ass Blizz gives a fuck...
    Sigh...I...really, really doubt it man. We all like to make ourselves feel important but if you had 100 accounts and cancelled 99 of them Blizz probably wouldn't do more than send you an email with 7 days free to try to get you back. If you don't come back, oh well, they will generate the revenue lost from you after a few people want to race change to Panda or switch servers. No big loss.