Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    "because we think Ret in PvP is fine, just with too much healing. Often players don't want a response - they want to argue."
    Ghostcrawler on his twitter.
    Except that it's fine only with that much healing... obviously it would be less than fine if you significantly lowered something that they relied on for their own survival and the main source of their usefulness in teams. How stupid can someone in charge of class balance be?

Deleted
    Firstly, please forgive me for rubbish maths but a thought occured to me tonight when i was helping gear up some guildies:

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=20165/seal-of-insight +
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=41098/gl...avenging-wrath + http://www.wowhead.com/spell=53376/sanctified-wrath
    + hand of Purity for help against war/rogue/lock/priest?

Vs.
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=134735/battle-fatigue

So:
    5% from SOL + 20 % from AW - 15% BF = 10% improved Healing, coupled with the glyph means we can have a hot on us that bypasses the blanket nerf?

What are your thoughts on this?

Deleted
    What are your thoughts on this?
    That u already do 0 dmg with a non crit Tv with seal of truth... u switch to seal of insight u're dead in 1 spriest silence : he won't even waste a gcd to cast a renew/pow:shield... lol...

U cannot really give up clemency for hand of purify in pvp as well...
    Last edited by mmocb5a5a30634; 2012-11-30 at 01:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    SoI would be useful if it gave haste instead of spell cast speed. Sacrificing truth damage for 5% healing is simply not worth it.

On topic, i think its still best to gem pvp power. Gemming str will not improve our heals much but it will nerf our damage. Kinda like using seal of insight.
    Last edited by ipoststuff; 2012-11-30 at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    It was not an accident that it affected ret. Ghostcrawler made a post saying that rets were doing too much healing as well. What we have now was intended.
    Ghostcrawler needs to play a ret pally first

The main problem with how Blizzard balance this game is that they listen too much to the community where the average PvP player is not even capping conquest points every week and the average PvE player ranges from doing LFR only or getting his Savior of Azeroth title 1 week before MoP launched. When they don't listen to the community they let some random nerds who didn't get past high school level math look at statistics and try use the numbers they pull out of their butts to implement ideas for changes that would work in practice.

There of course has to be some good balance to be able to please most people playing this game but if they ever want to be taken seriously when people talk about actual good games they really need to listen to top arena players and raiders when they do the actual balancing of the game. They manage to do this in SC2 so why can they not do the same in WoW?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by frengo123 View Post
    That u already do 0 dmg with a non crit Tv with seal of truth... u switch to seal of insight u're dead in 1 spriest silence : he won't even waste a gcd to cast a renew/pow:shield... lol...

U cannot really give up clemency for hand of purify in pvp as well...
    Mighty constructive there.... It was only a suggestion, no need to bite my head off dude.

Deleted
    I didn't mean to be offensive... just ret dmg is already too low on its own to lower it even more... not to mention that it's very hard to keep a decent uptime in melee range among all fears/cc/Etc..

some high rated paladins state that gemming Resil is the best way , and ret paladin should go deffensive not offensive , and forget about PVP powers and Strengh gems

Quote Originally Posted by Matrlx View Post
    some high rated paladins state that gemming Resil is the best way , and ret paladin should go deffensive not offensive , and forget about PVP powers and Strengh gems
    yup noticed Vanguards changed his gemming to be more resil-centered.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodGutter View Post
    yup noticed Vanguards changed his gemming to be more resil-centered.
    Seems to enjoy his shaman more than his ret lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinivus View Post
    Seems to enjoy his shaman more than his ret lol
    yup and i dont blame him, my last 3v3 match was painful. For the first time in a long time i really felt like my mates were actually holding my hand all match. All i could do was place hands, emancipate and use devotion aura whilst waiting to get in range to use burst. I felt totally rubbish, compared to pre patch where i actually felt like i was bringing something to the table.

Also not wanting to stir controversy but i got globaled by chaos wave, wosh i had frapsed that. How the hell can blizzard justify that as being skillful?