Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Attempted to solo BT...

...and got shit-stomped by phase 2 of Reliquary of Souls. Perhaps I misunderstood when they said that they were changing mechanics that cock-blocked soloing old content. Does anybody have any insight as to whether this fight is still working as intended?

still working as intended afaik need 2 interrupts.

I thought they were just changing the mechanics of the old raids that were associated with the new pets that drop from various raids...I'm not sure if it is every single boss from every single raid

They only changed Razergore and Viscidus. Black Temple doesn't drop any pets.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks guys. I wasn't aware that changes were made only to those instances that had pets associated with them.

How did they change razorgore? Is it now soloable? If so my collection shall have another pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinz View Post
    How did they change razorgore? Is it now soloable? If so my collection shall have another pet.
    More HP, less adds, and his destroy egg is much shorter...I believe. Not sure if there's anything else. I've heard it's still difficult but much more reasonably possible now for those that can't glitch it like Hunters and Goblins.

Thanks, but I must ask how did goblins and hunters glitch it?

Deleted
    Tried saving dps CDs for p2, kick (with glyph) > cloak > prep cloak > kick (and hopefully it's dead after this).
    I haven't tried it myself but I think that'd buy you the most time possible.

Thanks, but I must ask how did goblins and hunters glitch it?
    There were multiple different ways. The one way I watched my brother do it was using a Hunter's disengage to launch up onto those stone pillar things in the corners of the rooms where the adds spawn. I'm not exactly sure what it caused to bug out in the fight mechanically, but he got through it.

Deleted
    Tried saving dps CDs for p2, kick (with glyph) > cloak > prep cloak > kick (and hopefully it's dead after this).
    Confirmed that this is possible. It's merely a L2P issue.

Quote Originally Posted by jk5834 View Post
    ...and got shit-stomped by phase 2 of Reliquary of Souls. Perhaps I misunderstood when they said that they were changing mechanics that cock-blocked soloing old content. Does anybody have any insight as to whether this fight is still working as intended?
    He is hard but doable anyways, just get prep and do kick > cloak > prep > cloak > kick and drink an health potion.

He has fairly low health so if your gear is decent enough you can kill him in that period of time (about 20 seconds)

ehm too late sorry

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotech View Post
    Didn't think of this, nor did I really put much thought into it at all. I tried it once, got perma-cced, and quit.

Thanks again guys.

Deleted
    I just soloed it all.
    Went combat. leeching - prep

For phase 2 Reliquary of Souls i had all my cooldows left. KS at start, then AR/SB + Evasion/Combat readiness -> Pumping dmg, Kick - Cloak - Prep - Healing potion - Cloak - Kick.
    Rest of blacktemple was reaaally easy

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrih View Post
    I just soloed it all.

For phase 2 Reliquary of Souls i had all my cooldows left. KS at start, then AR/SB + Evasion/Combat readiness -> Pumping dmg, Kick - Cloak - Prep - Healing potion - Cloak - Kick.
    I was also easily able to solo RoS using a similar tactic after posting here. Nice to know I can now farm my damn MH glaive solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrih View Post
    I just soloed it all.

I did mostly the same thing but it only took 1 cloak the key to it for me was Combat readiness soon as p2 starts kick the first cast then ks, ar/sb cloak next cast dead before the next cast happens.

just solo'd it. it took me a few tries but it worked out fine in the end. the adds really don't hit you too hard. you just need to be fast when destroying the eggs to make sure he doesn't die.

and did MC before BWL, it was piece of cake as well
    Last edited by Gnu; 2012-12-01 at 02:29 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Draztal
    RoS won't cast Spirit Shock as often as before.
    Ten chars.

Deleted
    This is pretty much the way to do Razorgore: youtube.com/watch?v=tJKkTDLzH7U

As for RoS, took me a few attempts to get things right. Thing to really watch out for in P2 is Daeden.
    While it's normally being spellreflected onto RoS, you're the one that now will take 100% extra damage. This gets your HP low very quickly so save your cloak for this.
    With Glyph of kick there shouldn't be any issue with Spirit shock, you can kick every single one of them.

Deleted
    Pop Army of the dead when you have to many adds, problem solved