1. #1

    Whack-a-mole is back

    Seems like they reverted the macros and now you can't bind dire beast to arcane shot or whatever.

    Inb4 epeen

  2. #2
    The Lightbringer Tehterokkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,882
    What was the point of macroing it anyway? What if you used it when boss was just about to go immune? -> Wasted DB.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    What was the point of macroing it anyway? What if you used it when boss was just about to go immune? -> Wasted DB.
    Same reason people put glaive toss on arcane shot. To free up one button. And the chances of that happening were low and almost non existent if you knew the fight.

  4. #4
    The Lightbringer Tehterokkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,882
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    Same reason people put glaive toss on arcane shot. To free up one button. And the chances of that happening were low and almost non existent if you knew the fight.
    If you can't handle to press 1 button every 15 or 30 secs, I don't know how you can handle Kill Command every 6 sec...

  5. #5
    These kind of macros weren't supposed to work before, so if it has been fixed, it's a good thing, since you were basically relying on a bug in your normal gameplay.

  6. #6
    the problem is, with my action bar alreaddy filled up with important macros and trinkets, being able to macro dire beast into cobra shot is nice, and gives me that more room to fill with other macros like focus-silence or focus scatter, lesser important macros that may come in handy in some encounters.

    but now, i have to remove one of my other macro's to make room for dire beast, a talent that should never have been implemented in the game imo.

  7. #7
    So take TotH...

    All of these other points are completely valid. Why would you want to use DB only to watch to boss go immune or right before transition? You could try an addon like Opie for your traps/aspects. That's what I do, and it frees up several keybinds.

  8. #8
    If you don't care about wasting potential DPS by macroing a CD ability into one of your other spells then free up your barspace by macroing those trinkets into Arcane Shot instead, or to your other cooldowns.
    Neither of these are ideal but it seems you don't mind.

  9. #9
    High Overlord joruu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    133
    I hear you OP, I had GT and DB macroed more to ensure I never forgot them as Im and old man and situational awareness isnt as strong as it used to be.

    To all haters, I had them keybound and fired them manually. But sometimes when I was tunnelvisioned enough I might forget GT had come off cd for 5-10 sec and "auto" firing them cannot have been worse then forgetting

    Imho and Im a bit distrought over itis jhust the massive amount of buttons atm, and even pressing them correct dont bring us within the magical 5% of firemages, etc... Ass rogues, 3 button rotation?? Us... Ive stopped counting.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by joruu View Post
    Ass rogues, 3 button rotation??
    As an ex-Rogue who played all specs but massively preferred Assassination, that really hurt my feelings

    But joking aside it's true Rogues don't use that many buttons in a way like Hunters do. But all in all after making the switch to my Hunter I found myself only using 2 more buttons in total.
    Bovan.9481
    Completed legendaries: Twilight, Sunrise, (Eternity), Incinerator, Bolt, Quip, Frostfang, The Moot, The Juggernaut, Howler.
    Current projects: Predator and Aether.

  11. #11
    That's why I never macro'ed the shots... knew it would get fixed. Glad I figured out a way to incorporate 2 extra buttons into my rotation :P

  12. #12
    Legendary! Spl4sh3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,809
    I know my button pressing without looking when I am playing as a Hunter. So I can watch a movie on my second screen while playing (and watch the movie more than the game). Though had to change my keybinds a bit after MoP to incorporate the new abilities.

  13. #13
    High Overlord joruu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    I know my button pressing without looking when I am playing as a Hunter. So I can watch a movie on my second screen while playing (and watch the movie more than the game). Though had to change my keybinds a bit after MoP to incorporate the new abilities.


    Yes Mikra, thats very good for you, but your post doesnt really contribute. Altho by your progression I would say that it allows watching movies, progression raiding does not.

    I myself even is most is going on by musclememory cannot quite time all the diffrent cds while watching something else, I need my UI from time to time to keep track of them

    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    As an ex-Rogue who played all specs but massively preferred Assassination, that really hurt my feelings

    But joking aside it's true Rogues don't use that many buttons in a way like Hunters do. But all in all after making the switch to my Hunter I found myself only using 2 more buttons in total.
    Ok I was joking... its 5 buttons, but you press one only once and exchange one for another at 35% bosshealth (or a proc, yes, yes) ;D

    Either Mutilate or Dispatch depending on bosses health.
    Slice & Dice once.
    Keep Rupture up.
    Envenom when you have 5 combopoints.

    Compare that to an BM opener...
    Last edited by joruu; 2012-12-01 at 10:53 PM.

  14. #14
    can we all agree that amount of spells is now stupid?

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    can we all agree that amount of spells is now stupid?
    Has been stupid ever since wotlk. Even GC admitted hunters have too many buttons, but don't expect any revamp any time soon.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Warrior View Post
    Has been stupid ever since wotlk. Even GC admitted hunters have too many buttons, but don't expect any revamp any time soon.
    gc changes his mind every full moon, I wouldn't be surprised if we got another spell or two in our arsenal, in 5.2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •