Thread: Black out drunk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've never blacked out. Wish I had a few times because I was making decisions like someone who was black out drunk...

I stopped drinking heavily a long time ago. I learned that I enjoyed being buzzed. The lightly euphoric feeling where everything is warm and tingly and nice. I hate being drunk. That whole "why isn't my body working" and getting scared because I lose track of where I am, where my friends are, and how I'm supposed to get home.

Here is something I don't understand -- why are people sounding proud or pleased that they blacked out? Why would you WANT to? Even if you ignore how potentially dangerous it is...you are losing chunks of your life. How is that in any way shape or form fun or worthwhile?
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    I've never blacked out. Wish I had a few times because I was making decisions like someone who was black out drunk...

I stopped drinking heavily a long time ago. I learned that I enjoyed being buzzed. The lightly euphoric feeling where everything is warm and tingly and nice. I hate being drunk. That whole "why isn't my body working" and getting scared because I lose track of where I am, where my friends are, and how I'm supposed to get home.

Here is something I don't understand -- why are people sounding proud or pleased that they blacked out? Why would you WANT to? Even if you ignore how potentially dangerous it is...you are losing chunks of your life. How is that in any way shape or form fun or worthwhile?
    I think the logic is, "I'm a badass".

Which to that I laugh.

Deleted
    No, because I never drank that much.

Deleted
    i dont drink so no.

I had an operation a while back, it prevents me from being able to have Carbonation and in the ingestion of heavily acidic content (such as alcohol or OJ) causes me to vomit uncontrollably.

I'll never have the opportunity to be Black out Drunk, and that is a statement I am happy to say. Nothing good can come of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldschoolwow View Post
    We only have 1 chance at life so play hard and enjoy.
    Correct, you only get one chance. Isn't it wise then not to get so drunk that you black out?

If you only have one life why willingly put it in jeoprady?

Happened to me once. I was visiting friends in a different province. Last thing I remember of that night was being at the bar and buying shots for me and a few random people who I had no clue about lol. Woke up the next morning on my friends couch with no memory of anything after that besides being hungover to shit! Not something I would normally do but hey, got to let go once and a while lol.

I'm an alcoholic and having drunken black outs was something I did EVERY weekend (sometimes 2-3 days in a row) from the ages of 18 to about 24. So yes I have done it hundreds if not over 1000 times in my life. I think a lot of it stemmed from social anxiety and coming from an abusive household. Getting wasted was an escape. In an average night, I would skip dinner and start drinking with friends around 7pm. By 11 or so we were pretty drunk and would goto a bar, by 1am we were all drunk as hell and this was usually when the blackouts would occur. Did many regrettable things while in this state, or cost myself a lot of money by losing things. I'm guessing by the age of 24 being an alcoholic had wasted probably close to $100k of my money and cost me relationships. I am still an alcoholic but I usually drink in the privacy of my own home and extremely rarely reach a blackout phase due to being more responsible about it. If you're not an alcoholic I'm sure you won't sympathise but the level of control I have on it now is a big deal, whereas to most people it would probably still look pretty bad.
    Last edited by nightshark; 2012-11-29 at 11:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quick summary:

Shooting with friends, jägermeister and some liquor that tasted banana, tried to compete with them despite me weighing about 48 kg at the time and they were in the 80-110 kg class, started having trouble after a few shots and a further 3 shots later I don't remember anything(I'm never, ever going to let people convince me to do that again). Apparently I made out with lots of people there(some close to being forced), told them that I loved them, half-way to flashing but my friends stopped me(don't know if it's actually true or if they just said it to mess with me, caused me quite the worry.).

Woke up in my bed the next night, had slept from 5 am in the morning to 3 am the next night with the exception going up for toilet, had severe nausea, really bad headache and thought I hurt my eyes somehow because turning the lights on just hurt so much.

Deleted
    I blacked out only once when I was ~16 years old (goddamn 11 years ago...).

I was drinking selfmade cocktails with a friend in some kind of youth-club. We were group leaders and had a key to the club house, far away from parents and other supervisors. It was a very crazy evening.

When I got home I realized that my keys were inside the house and that my parents and sisters weren't at home. Absolutely wasted I decided to break into my own house! We were living on the first floor, so it was possible for me to open a double window with a simple trick: One window was half-open, so I tried to turn the window catch around with a wooden stick. It worked like a charm. In front of the window was a flowerbed I had to cross. My shoes were completely covered in mud and dirt as I entered our house. At this point my memory disappeared.

In the morning I was told that I fell asleep in my parent's bed... With outdoor clothes and dirty shoes. It was kind of... embarrassing ;-) They found me after they had returned and carried me to my room.

10+ Year Old Account
    On my 17th bithday I held a party in my house with around 20-30 classmates and friends. I started drinking some vodka and then various shots. I remember everything till it went 01:00. As I was told by my friends I stayed awake in he party till 03:00 (my friends kept the party till 06:00 lol) but I dont have any memories from 01:00 till 03:00 . I was told that I did some pretty stupid things in that time. Next morning I woke up in my bed with my best friend sleeping on the floor next to me (I had no idea how he ended up there). It was an interesting experience but never happened to me since then.
    ~May the goat be with you~