Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    My proudest moment was when I killed Lich King on normal 10 man.

My guild at the time was alright, 2 nights a week and we were clearing ICC minus LK with a couple heroics. The problem was, the officers had somehow gotten the worst strategy ever for LK phase 1. Essentially they had everyone stack, and they would dispell Necrotic Plague until it left. They would AoE the adds down as much as they could, and finish them off in the Transition Phase, and then have a couple Raging Spirits up in Phase 2 with the Val'kyr. They somehow got this ridiculous strategy to work in 10 man, but it just wasn't working in 25 man and we were wiping on Phase 1 of the fight like crazy, despite the protests of the strategy. Like most guilds, it was full of drama and politics. We had 9 officers, and the 9 officers plus their 1 friend would run that 10 man, and then just use the rest of us for the 25s.

One night, I got in a 10 man PuG that was going to be doing a few heroics. It was a really good group, and really nice guys all working together. We go to LK doing like 3 or 4 heroics, and it was really late. We decided to go for it, and after like 4-5 attempts we got it, and the kill attempt was so insanely close I still can't believe we survived. I was just so happy that we had accomplished something together, and I had done it without the ridiculousness of my guild at the time. I couldn't sleep that night because I was so happy I had finally accomplished something in WoW. Needless to say, the guild I was in didn't last much longer.
    "... I don't want you to play me a riff that's going to impress Joe Satriani; give me a riff that makes a kid want to go out and buy a guitar and learn to play ..." - Ozzy Osbourne

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    And..now we've downgraded to petty 9 year old insults.

On that note before the mods come I'm going to leave your tr0llbait here :x.

Toodles y'all.
    Got a chuckle out of me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldschoolwow View Post
    Best that you hop along before you get infracted for derailing a good thread.
    Did your mommy forget to cut the crusts off? Or are you actually this dumb?
    Learn to respect other people opinions as theirs is as valid as yours, if not even more.

Back on track;
    When I hit max level, 70 at that time. Started playing a few months before BC release and were so happy when I finally got to 70 with like 25 days played.

[infracted. Don't insult other posters. -Tziva]
    Last edited by Tziva; 2012-11-28 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Megabaken View Post
    Did your mommy forget to cut the crusts off? Or are you actually this dumb?
    Learn to respect other people opinions as theirs is as valid as yours, if not even more.

Back on track;
    When I hit max level, 70 at that time. Started playing a few months before BC release and were so happy when I finally got to 70 with like 25 days played.
    Can't agree with that statement. Usually I'd agree we all have an equal say but when she immediately went off topic to insult me her opinion became irrelevent to me.

Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolwow View Post
    can't agree with that statement. Usually i'd agree we all have an equal say but when she immediately went off topic to insult me her opinion became irrelevent to me.
    .....I have a penis. DAFUQ?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Probably the first time I killed Magtheridon or Gruul back in BC. I did them late, but those were the hardest raid bosses I did pre-3.0 nerfs. I didn't do anything noteworthy in WotLK (no cool achieves in 3.0, never killed Mimiron or further during 3.1, no H ToC progress, and didnt kill LK25 N until a few weeks before 4.0 with the 30% nerf). Cata I did 12/12N 2/13H during 4.0, took a break during 4.2, and did 8/8H25 during 4.3... but it didn't feel as significant. When I was a total scrub, doing everything perfectly as a tank on Magtheridon to help my guild get the kill was an awesome experience, and finally killing Gruul felt really damn good as well (especially after I won his shield!)

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    .....I have a penis. DAFUQ?!
    But you are being bitchy?

This is most confusing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Knock it off.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

When the AQ gates were opening on my server.

A duel between my Shaman in 8/8 Tier 2 (10 Storms), and a Paladin in 8/8 Tier 2 (Judgement). We were the only two of these faction specific classes at the time that had these sets on our server. The duel lasted for over an hour, and we had a circle of maybe over a hundred people watching. It was like a fight club, truly epic. I lost the duel, but it was fun as hell. Someone took a screenshot and submitted it to Bliz and it was posted on wows main page labelled as 10 Storms vs Judgement. Good times.

Now if I could only find that screenshot...

when my gm went on a bitch rant when I accidentally died in fire, then she died in fire the very next attempt.

I have quite a few that come to mind.
    Hitting max level for the first time on my main (which for me was level 70).
    Getting the Hand of Adal title. (I almost didn't get it because I still had the uncompleted quest in my quest log after they removed the BT attunement.)
    Getting the Herald of the Titans title. (When it was current, I thought it was going to be removed and got it the day before Cata hit.)
    Getting the ZA bear mount (the new version. Not as good as the old version, but I really wanted to snag this one since I didn't get the old one.)

I'm sure there's more, but I can't think of them right now.
    Retired WOW player
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy 14

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't really narrow it down to one, but the list would include:

1) First Rag kill back in vanilla. Still remember the nerd screams and the guild pic with my little gnome rogue in FR including eng goggles and using a barman's shanker.
    2) Kael prenerf in TBC. Hell of a fight, keying hadn't been removed yet so you couldn't really outgear it, and it was the first 5 stage fight that included execution and raw numbers in equal combination. Just an amazing feeling to down him and get to move on to Hyjal and BT.
    3) Illidan in BT. Seriously, we were finally prepared. Another nerd scream moment.
    4) Getting my plagued proto in Wrath without resorting to a zerg strat. That fight was a bitch, and earning the mount felt awesome.
    5) Downing Alganon. Even though it wasn't a terribly complex fight it felt awesome to finish it (on 10) while it was still mostly relevant.

Nothing in Cata had that same feel, but my interest in the game had been waning since they changed to toggle hardmodes and the whole retread model of raiding. Something about having already beaten the boss made beating hardmodes feel less impressive while at the same time devaluing the normal modes because they weren't tuned to a high enough difficulty to feel really challenging. I can't comment on MoP because I finally hung it up a few months after the release of DS.

Getting 2000elo in arena

Deleted
    My very first raid, Going for 10m Marrowgar.
    We did it on the 2nd try, I was new at WoW still, was doing 3rd or 4th dps on my Warrior, looting Citadel Enforcer afterwards!

So yeah, 1 night;
    First Raid
    Decent DPS as newbie
    Good L00t

Damn, good times yeah...

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Death's Demise and getting my invincible nothing else will come close well maybe getting a firehawk.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wotlk I joined the number one guild on the server and outhealed all their healers who outgeared me. Only the dude with the legendary could even stand toe-to-toe with me. They ended up being a bunch of jackasses(who would have guessed?) and I think I left the guild.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

My first Illidan kill

Mh proudest moment in wow.... too many i'll list 1 per expac.

I guess when we finally killed Rag in MC. After what seemed an eternity bashing on a brick wall we finally downed him. 40 Nerd screams good times.
    TBC - finally killing illidan SWP was just around the corner when we killed him and this was just immense.
    Wrath - Mimiron 10man hardmode kill our little group had been working on this loved the kill. I then missed our algalon kill as I was at work (something I regret to this day!)
    Cata - hard to say i didn't play much of cata but I was proudest of when me and my friends did clear normal content and entered heroic raiding after only a month or so of raiding.
    Mop - finally admitting I no longer have the time to do raiding to set times! embracing LFR and playing with a few irl friends on a pve server. no more trying to continue hardcore raiding from years past just accepting my game times have changed and enjoying the varied content that is on offer.

When we finally killed Illidan and Arthas after so many times raiding, it was after the nerfs trough. The guild I was in disbanded after Cata launched

after a 3 days bwl wipefest and when we finaly killed Vaelastrasz the Corrupt and the dagger dropped. Was such a nice reward for our efforts. Not only did we get server first. I also got the coolest dagger ingame at the time