Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Several come to mind. I remember working on Lucifron in MC for several weeks before getting that first kill. With "raiding" being UBRS/Scholo previous to that, the Core was amazing. Getting KT and Vashj, Archimonde in Hyjal, LK in ICC. Like others have said, there doesn't seem to be the level of time and effort working on encounters before finally getting that first kill. Hence it takes away from the excitement and energy when it does finally happen.

finally hitting 60 back in vanilla. Or when we killed archavon i think is what it was when first on our server before the huge nerf on him.

I cannot make up my mind between our first kills on Mu'ru, Yogg+0, Heroic Anub 25 (I was resto at the time, last phase was INTENSE for healers), Heroic LK 25 and H Rag 25. All of those end bosses were a huge amount of fun to progress through and kill pre-nerfs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekkiem View Post
    everyone killed Muru prenerf according to forums
    I didn't! My raid was working on the twins then. I'd admit it, because I'm pleased with the fact we even got that far for being a pretty casual raid.

I went back and finished my Sunwell achievement at 80.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

quitting wow, then coming back at next day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Killing the LK in whrath, and doing 25k dps the whole fight !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I didn't! My raid was working on the twins then. I'd admit it, because I'm pleased with the fact we even got that far for being a pretty casual raid.

I went back and finished my Sunwell achievement at 80.
    Yeah, my guild wiped on Kalegos at 1% the week before the nerf. Then after the nerf we cleared to the Sisters in one night, maybe two. The week after that we got to the sisters again and then said "fuck it, this is too easy now". Always awkward being a high end casual guild . . . .

Deleted
    Hitting 60 in vanila

10+ Year Old Account
    There have been quite some.

-Getting my Winterspring Frostsaber after the "nerf" so repeatable quests would give more than 75 reputation, but before the 20-days thing was implemented.

-Getting The Insane in the Membrane FoS.

-Saying "Oh look, that doesn't look like a piece of gear...", realizing what was going on, and looting Ashes of Al'ar afterwards (yay solo!)

-Killing heroic Ragnaros while it still was relevant content;

-Getting Herald of the Titans FoS. I paid a level 80 guild during Cata to boost me through it because seriously, people on Openraid asked to have 500 points in LW. To have a bit more critical strike. For Algalon with Cataclysm flasks. LOL. (and being way too strict for gear requirements, "226ILVL OR DON'T BOTHER SIGNING UP" <---screw you already).

-Looting Thori'dal

-My first Lich King solo (happened 4 days ago )

-My first and only Yogg-Saron solo (+3 lights, sorry i couldn't do it when Feign Death made tentacles despawn...)

-My first C'thun solo (took well over 1 hour 30 minutes. For a single try).

There are more, but they would be too many...

10+ Year Old Account
    Proudest moment was when I first started raiding in BC after not touching it at all in Vanilla, I felt accomplished when I finally killed Prince Malchezar, though the random unlucky infernals landing near the group was hilarious.

Deleted
    The hardest achievment i earned was the "Found a Life" achievment.
    It made me quit WoW up to this day.

Shìfter (Sober 8 months)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    The hardest achievment i earned was the "Found a Life" achievment.
    It made me quit WoW up to this day.

Shìfter (Sober 8 months)
    You cannot esssscape usssss...... *flees away at the sight of the sun*

Actually it was the first time taking down Ragnaros in Molton Core for the first time. We were the 3'rd on our sever to take him down and was very exciting actually. Ahhh the good ol' days of 40 man raids!

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a couple.

The first time I killed Illidan when BT was current content.

The time in Vanilla I killed a Warrior in full T3 while I was in a mix of T1/T2 gear Holy Pally. I literally squealed with excitement.

Deleted
    When I killed Deathwing for the first time in LFR, after that I felt like my life had a meaning again.

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I miss reaching level 60 and feeling a since of achivement.

More so I miss the mystrey the world used to have and how the game was built around small health pools with small damage numbers. I remember critting for 1k on an aimed shot and nearly crapping my self with disbelief.

Today wow is inflanted, I would love to see the game get scaled back some.

had a few moments myself, the first was killing kael just 1 night before the nerf, was a reallly good feeling to have and get the hand of a'dal title.
    the 2nd was in wotlk, considering we were a 25man casual guild (2 days a week) among 5 of the world top50 guilds in our server, we managed to get professor putri server first, felt good especially that we did not do it expecting to get server first on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Dafuq is a teamspeak?....ok so wait you mean while us 4 are questing together we can use a program to talk to each other all at the same time and i dont have to pay extra? yea this game is gonna be badass and may play it for a while..." those are the type of moments that are never forgotten
    Here come the Irish.

I'd have to say mine was killing C'thun in AQ40 (even though we missed server first by minutes) was still an incredible feeling after so many wipes. The time invested in a fight like that, talking strats with guildmates on and off game, thinking of every possible thing we could to just get it right. awesome to finally see it all come together and get the kill.