Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    gladiator s4 and realm firsts for all TBC raid content

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting Hero of the Horde in Cataclysmic season it was an excellent feeling.
    Last edited by Velshin; 2012-11-29 at 02:08 AM.

Deleted
    Lets see... my best moment in WoW would be the first time I got to kill Mimiron (normal even). Hell any of the keepers was worth a cheer when getting to kill them for the first time. Honorable mention has to go to XT the first time we pulled simply because we wiped instantly because everyone couldn't stop laughing. Sigh, Ulduar was so awesome

Deleted
    Getting Gorehowl for my Orc Warrior, soon as i got it, I re-specced to Arms as I'm a huge Grom Hellscream fan and wanted to do the axe justice.

Sad I know, but worth it.

getting the black bear the same week it was implemented ( lvl 70 )

also getting the immortal
    Be feared, or be fuel

Please don't be so quick to judge, but my proudest moment was when I got away with tricking tons of players out of their gold with the in-game mailing system. It was way back in BC I think, or maybe Wotlk-ish, and I had devised a master plan to make gold by taking advantage of other players' stupidity.

I made an alternate account, and with a level 10 night elf rogue (with the mean blindfold face) I composed an in-game letter, a template that I would copy/paste. It was an attempted impersonation of one of the Netherwing NPC's, with my character name almost the same as the NPC to get players to believe it was role-play or quest mail that's automatically sent to everyone for an upcoming patch. I waltzed over to one of the reagent vendors in Darnassus, babbling to myself and giggling uncontrollably, and filled my bags with acorns... and wrapping paper. It costed only a few silver in total. I then wrapped all of the acorns and filled my free bank slot. Then I began, with a /who 70-80 "class name" I went down through all the classes and mailed everyone online a pasted letter, and gave them a free token of my appreciation (the wrapped acorn, but they didn't know it was an acorn.) It was a COD gift however, at the cost of 500 gold because I didn't want someone to click it instinctively but not be able to afford the COD amount (resulting in no gold for me, realization for them), and I assumed most players would have at least 500g. It was all a scam to get players to click the gift and instinctively accept the next confirmation window, and it worked quite WELL!

In less than an hour I had made about 25,000 gold. I had my other rogue, from my main account, stealthed in the bushes ready to take whatever gold the impostor rogue made. You see during this time Game Masters still had to physically log into the game and get on your realm to do their work, so I assumed that when they caught onto me they would be looking directly at my impostor rogue, and not see my main rogue stealthed in the bushes . I knew the alt account would be banned and gold wiped. Sure enough close to the 1 hour mark my level 10 was contacted by a GM confronting me for my crimes. I hastily gathered the rest of the gold from mailbox, switched windows, made the trade to my stealthed rogue and attempted to run from the authorities! Actually I'm sure running didn't do any good, but I like to think it did. After getting the gold on my main rogue my heart was racing, blood pumping with adrenaline as the inevitable unfolded, and before I could switch screens... they got em. My impostor rogue vanished before my eyes, insta-banned mere seconds after completing the trade and I sneaked around behind the inn and logged off immediately hoping to minimize suspicion and hoping they didn't see me in stealth. I logged on an hour later, scott free with all the gold in my pocket, not a peep from Blizzard. I just stood around for a while in shock, letting it all sink in that I had done it. I bested the system, tricked everyone, and walked away with all the gold! I was so happy I couldn't even think. Happiest day of my WoW career.

The aftermath: A week later Blizzard issued a hotfix, preventing certain items from being wrapped in wrapping paper like vendor items.

Killing first boss in ToES on heroic, 5 hours after paragon and world 2nd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superchief View Post
    Please don't be so quick to judge, but my proudest moment was when I got away with tricking tons of players out of their gold with the in-game mailing system. It was way back in BC I think, or maybe Wotlk-ish, and I had devised a master plan to make gold by taking advantage of other players' stupidity.

I made an alternate account, and with a level 10 night elf rogue (with the mean blindfold face) I composed an in-game letter, a template that I would copy/paste. It was an attempted impersonation of one of the Netherwing NPC's, with my character name almost the same as the NPC to get players to believe it was role-play or quest mail that's automatically sent to everyone for an upcoming patch. I waltzed over to one of the reagent vendors in Darnassus, babbling to myself and giggling uncontrollably, and filled my bags with acorns... and wrapping paper. It costed only a few silver in total. I then wrapped all of the acorns and filled my free bank slot. Then I began, with a /who 70-80 "class name" I went down through all the classes and mailed everyone online a pasted letter, and gave them a free token of my appreciation (the wrapped acorn, but they didn't know it was an acorn.) It was a COD gift however, at the cost of 500 gold because I didn't want someone to click it instinctively but not be able to afford the COD amount (resulting in no gold for me, realization for them), and I assumed most players would have at least 500g. It was all a scam to get players to click the gift and instinctively accept the next confirmation window, and it worked quite WELL!

In less than an hour I had made about 25,000 gold. I had my other rogue, from my main account, stealthed in the bushes ready to take whatever gold the impostor rogue made. You see during this time Game Masters still had to physically log into the game and get on your realm to do their work, so I assumed that when they caught onto me they would be looking directly at my impostor rogue, and not see my main rogue stealthed in the bushes . I knew the alt account would be banned and gold wiped. Sure enough close to the 1 hour mark my level 10 was contacted by a GM confronting me for my crimes. I hastily gathered the rest of the gold from mailbox, switched windows, made the trade to my stealthed rogue and attempted to run from the authorities! Actually I'm sure running didn't do any good, but I like to think it did. After getting the gold on my main rogue my heart was racing, blood pumping with adrenaline as the inevitable unfolded, and before I could switch screens... they got em. My impostor rogue vanished before my eyes, insta-banned mere seconds after completing the trade and I sneaked around behind the inn and logged off immediately hoping to minimize suspicion and hoping they didn't see me in stealth. I logged on an hour later, scott free with all the gold in my pocket, not a peep from Blizzard. I just stood around for a while in shock, letting it all sink in that I had done it. I bested the system, tricked everyone, and walked away with all the gold! I was so happy I couldn't even think. Happiest day of my WoW career.

The aftermath: A week later Blizzard issued a hotfix, preventing certain items from being wrapped in wrapping paper like vendor items.
    That's a supremely evil, but also hilarious story. Thanks for sharing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rinleezwins View Post
    Killing first boss in ToES on heroic, 5 hours after paragon and world 2nd.
    Way to make me feel like shit.

Killing KJ in SWP in the Burning Crusade .

Blackwing Lair first time we cleared it. First time I started with a guild from the first boss to the last and was a great sense of accomplishment.
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

Probably 2 shotting Nefarian for our guild's first kill after wiping like 23 times on Timelapse/Ignite Flesh Chromag. Felt so good. Oh it was also the night that the WoW South Park episode aired, so it was just an amazing night overall.

10+ Year Old Account
    The most epic moment of my wow career oddly enough happened in TOGC 25 when the content was current (before ICC came out). I was still healing as a resto shaman back then as I had switched from pally to shammy during Ulduar days. We had been trying for quite some time to get twins down on heroic and this week we had 5 resto druids. One for each group. I was the only non resto druid healer I think, or maybe we had an extra couple heals, I don't remember. Anyway, we were using a rather unique strategy to down the boss that I've never seen done before or since. Probably because its so freaking hard to pull off. Everyone stayed at the doorway and both bosses were tanked together. Some people were designated as soakers for the blobs of color (including me) and stood a bit back from the raid. We all had the white buff and never switched throughout the fight. When it came time for the dark aoe (which only happened once for whatever reason during our attempts) all 5 druids would pop tranq (since back then it only effected your group, not the whole raid) and we'd heal through it. We failed numerous times before finally getting it down. Oh gods that time when we did manage to succeed I've never EVER seen health bars go that before. Going to less than 5% then right back up to full possibly 2 times per second during the aoe. I swear I'm not overexagerating. When we finally did get it down everyone cheered over vent. I also got the heroic 25 man shield from that boss. Used it till Cata came out and I leveled past 80. I still have it too. Such an important shield to me. I was one of 2 people on my server at the time to have it and use it. Several people had the reg version of it, but only me and another troll resto shammy had the heroic version.

---------- Post added 2012-11-29 at 12:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tyandor View Post
    Lets see... my best moment in WoW would be the first time I got to kill Mimiron (normal even). Hell any of the keepers was worth a cheer when getting to kill them for the first time. Honorable mention has to go to XT the first time we pulled simply because we wiped instantly because everyone couldn't stop laughing. Sigh, Ulduar was so awesome
    Haha, I am pretty darn sure we wiped cause of the same reason the first time we did XT. Took almost 30 mins for the raid to try again haha.

Deleted
    I have played WoW from the first betas and i always considered my self serious gamer and for some time i felt like i was just making no progress at all to my journey on the top of this game! Then we made breaktrough in ToGC with WF Anub'Arak and make the rise we have been waiting for so long. I was so happy i actually tought i lost my virginity second time. I raged, yelled, cheered, banged my table then just cried in the end! And second proudest moment was Ragnaros 25 Heroic WF kill after over +500 agonizing wipes. I was roaring like lion, banged my computer table with the strength of a thousand men and i think i started to cry in the end again... Anyways this yelling,banging, whatnot, raised question on my neighbours mind. "Is this concidence that he plays on Lightning's Blade EU (where i play) and message pops on his screen "Dream Paragon Realm First Ragnaros Heroic 25 kill" and at the same time on some distant apartment he hears this screaming, banging sound...". He asked one of our players that does anybody in your guild live in Seinäjoki (where i live), then he got my name and wispered to me. Next thing i know i invited him to drinkg with me and we drank till 9am. I never talked or noticed this dude before. Crazy shit.

i have too many. so by expack..

vanilla - rag,cthun kill. and personally watching our warrior walk.throigh sm with ashbringer. coolest event ever..
    oh and i think.i can throw in my first dungeon ... Oh vancleef.
    TBC - walking through the portal and going "holy shit..." this expack brought my skill up tenfold going thru tk and ssc and bt. favorite kill was Archimonde. i loved the fight. the effort. the uniqueness and the feeling of "omg i was that night elf unit in wc3! i played me before me even knew! time paradox!
    wotlk was seeing yogg for the first time. ( i purposely avoided watching any video of yogg during progression so i could be amazed. oh i was. the defeat of algalon and everything tied to.it as well takes the cake. lk was just the icing to end it.
    cata wasnt much. First year at college limited me to pvp. but killing finalrequiem and swifty's 5v5 team was awesome. one of us was watching their streams as we were quing and he was like omg its them! And he was listening to their stream and relaying their next move. scary shit when you hear " they are going for the priesy!(thats me) and i run away. awesome win bc they were like " they predicted every move wtf" played them right after and got rofl stomped however haha. also legendary daggers on rogue is nice.
    MOP? - my realization thay im not the same gamer. Im taking.it slow. i am enjoying it and just playing to play. my time.is almost up and it was an awesome journey.. cant wait for sargeras.....

edit: oh amd on a personal skill note. right before cata came out when shadow amd disc priests were op. I was running ulduar heroic for shits n giggles. our tanked died on good ol firefighter. a personal favorite. this fight got even brtter when i as shadow tanked the entire last phase of the fight. i did not even know it was possible. kudos wemt to my healer as well. it was an awesome moment when he died and i didnt cheer but instead laughed and just think " wtf did i just do/see?"

sorry typing on smartphone sucks
    Last edited by Crianthia; 2012-11-29 at 08:23 AM.

Killing Kael'thas in Tempest Keep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatorowns View Post
    When I quit
    Sticking with that. Proud, but still depressing. It took strength to chuck away my gold I had wasted months grinding. Harder than any boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Rank 10 and Champion title back in vanilla.

When I logged in and saw my rank, it was a damn /tearsofjoy moment. Partially because I knew the grind was over. That's the goal I set for myself and it took every minute of spare time I had.

capturing my first pet in the wilds.

Deleted
    My proudest was back in vanilla, during pvp back when you knew the horde by name and they knew you. And i remember picking up the berserker buff in wsg by the allied ramp at the start of the fight and literally watching all 10 horde target me one by one and turn around and run the other way best fucking lol of my wow life!