Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am very, very disappointed with the changes.

I am an extremely competitive person so I don't even like it that much when I don't feel like I'm doing well in LFR. Granted that might change, I did my first LFR yesterday with my chi trackers broken and having no clue how much chi I had the entire time and realizing last night after raid I've reforged my haste cap incorrectly a few times due to reforge sites not working right. However, I realize when before 5.1 I was outhealing other healers in LFR by 10+% that the class needed to be nerfed but I think they've gone too far with it. I have always been a skilled healer on any class and when I'm now struggling to overtake disc priests and some resto shamans in LFR I feel like they've nerfed mistweavers to the point that skill can't make up for it. On the contrary, disc priest (which was my main in Cata) has been buffed up to insane levels.

That being said, my 10 man guild raid last night seemed fine for the most part, but I was healing with a holy paladin and resto druid so...who knows.

Fearing the worst for 25 man HC.

Setups last week (how we cleared 3/4)

Protectors:
    2 Monks, 1 Disc, 1 Paladin, 1 Shaman

Tsulong:
    2 Monks, 1 Shaman, 2 Holy Priests, 2 Paladins

Lei Shi:
    2 Monks, 1 Shaman, 1 Discs, 2 Paladins

Sha of Fear (kill setup):
    1 Monk, 2 Paladins, 1 Holy Priest, 1 Shaman

This week? Uncertain we'll even take a monk tbh.

I'm a Brewmaster first and Mistweaver second, so i'm very very happy with the changes.
    13/13

Monk

Nope we suck in arene like before.. gj

Quite sad with the changes, guess its back to my resto druid...

From what i noticed, if we have any healers with absorbs in your raids (disc priest / holy pallies) we are worthless. Due to being completely throughput the absorbs offset our smart heals resulting in an overall loss of throughput. In order for any MW to be competitive you can't really bring either of those. We excel well with shamans and druids but disc priests ruin us completely. Luckily for me my group has 2 disc priests and a holy pally. All of which are amazing healers and make it feel as if the raid takes no damage at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Yami001 View Post
    From what i noticed, if we have any healers with absorbs in your raids (disc priest / holy pallies) we are worthless. Due to being completely throughput the absorbs offset our smart heals resulting in an overall loss of throughput. In order for any MW to be competitive you can't really bring either of those. We excel well with shamans and druids but disc priests ruin us completely. Luckily for me my group has 2 disc priests and a holy pally. All of which are amazing healers and make it feel as if the raid takes no damage at all.
    This is so true. Only on garalon and empress i seems to do more healing then our disc and paladin healer

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Renewing Mist change ticked me off quite a bit, but I'm still not dropping below 90% mana most fights.
    WTF you're healing then? jab-jab-uplift makes me completely oom relying completely on mana tea the whole fights.

--

As for the original question. It didn't feel that much different to be honest.. although I noticed a LOT more mana tea faster, and also Soothing Mist is still unreliable.

Sometimes it gave me 5 chi fast, sometimes I had to do it 3 times to be able to do one enveloping mist.

In other words, it's still very unreliable as opposed to jab where you can control fully your chi generation.

I tried Ascension, not having the "oh shit" of Chi Brew, but it seemed to help the mana flow.
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2012-11-28 at 05:23 PM.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

15+ Year Old Account
    I raid with a 10 man, and I didn't really feel like the changes have hurt my healing too much yet. I am a little worried about 2 healing heroic HoF and Terrace, but hopefully with better gear I'll be ok. On heroic Garajal last night, I felt like when I took the totem down my heals were really week. And in the last 25% of his health, using my soothing mist/enveloping/surging mist on the tanks was kind of scary because the tank's hp wouldn't go up for a second or two.

My mana regen doesn't feel too strained like I thought it would be. We get so much mana tea now its crazy how fast it can stack up.
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

http://i.imgur.com/WpdHw.jpg

Vizier Heroic.

I welcome our new Priest overlords.

Deleted
    Seems like there are only pve monks around, I'm playing Mistweaver in pvp arena i think this patch fucked us over even more than before. Anyone had time to do 3vs3 yet and test it out? or rbg?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/e.../?s=794&e=1175

I was using Chi Burst + SCK mainly, throwing around the odd Renewing Mist. Redfern was doing normal SCK + Renewing + Uplift. Healing very similar. Discipline is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    WTF you're healing then? jab-jab-uplift makes me completely oom relying completely on mana tea the whole fights.
    That's kind of how melee MW works. Vague summary of raid-healing-only "rotation" just top of my head: (corrections welcome as always)

1. Apply Renewing Mists on Cooldown.
    2. If at least eight six people have it on them, use Thunderbrew, apply another Renewing Mist and try to cut it as close as possible for maximum effect.
    3. Under 2 chi? Jab.
    4. If the events of 2 are waiting: Uplift. Else. If there's some raid damage: Uplift.
    5. Raid damage comes and 4 is done: SCK on those not covered by your Renewing Mists.
    6. Repeat 4 and 5 as neccessary.
    7. If your mana is under 90% and mana tea is off cooldown: Drink.

If you have a spirit of at least 7.5k, you shouldn't have mana troubles unless you continue to Fistweave non-stop the entire battle. In which case you just have to learn to stand around and wait for damage or start using Spirit flasks and food to offset it.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    In which case you just have to learn to stand around and wait for damage or start using Spirit flasks and food to offset it.
    lol great advice, maybe try something on heroic before saying stuff like that XD

Quote Originally Posted by HamSandwichFace View Post
    lol great advice, maybe try something on heroic before saying stuff like that XD
    He said "I run out of mana." The answer to "I run out of mana" isn't "lol use Int flasks."
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Jab didn't seem to have its mana increased (or at least the tooltip still says 9000 mana). The extra 1000 or so mana on RM isn't really going to push most Monks over. Try going for a little more spirit? I see you have like 8.3k, but that's including passive spirit from one of your trinkets.

Also... you should be using Mana Tea (glyphed) on cooldown (with 2 stacks and < 90% mana)--we are balanced around using it frequently. Haven't used unglyphed, so I can't comment on how to best use it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    He said "I run out of mana." The answer to "I run out of mana" isn't "lol use Int flasks."
    If you're running out of mana ask for innervates, hymns, proper usage of Mana Tides. Not healing is not a good solution to a class with such powerful throughput from spending very little mana (36k mana = 50k hps for 30 seconds).

10+ Year Old Account
    Back to my pally.

Good use of the last 2 months. :/

/popcorn enthusiast!

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe he means to drop to a lighter healing rotation (like SZ auto-attack + ReM) while damage is light... I don't think I'd ever stop healing and do nothing. I don't usually have mana issues either, though.

Quote Originally Posted by HamSandwichFace View Post
    If you're running out of mana ask for innervates, hymns, proper usage of Mana Tides. Not healing is not a good solution to a class with such powerful throughput from spending very little mana (36k mana = 50k hps for 30 seconds).
    Okay. Since you're actually writing seriously this time, I'll ask the question then. (Not being petulant here. Good advice is always welcome.)

If there's no raid damage going out. Nobody but the tank is being damaged. Serpent's Zeal is up and you've already put Renewing mist out on cooldown. Why would continue to fistweave with jab?
    [What's half of minor?]