Poll: Remove Tome of the Clear Mind?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Remove Tome of the Clear Mind

It's just like reagents. Pointless, it's something else to keep track of and with the new talent system, im always switching for different bosses. Whats the point of them now?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see a problem, at least they aren't 12g each like the ones in cata.

You already said the point of them. It's so you can switch talents for different bosses on the fly.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, I can't really see the point for UPGRADING them. Its like, what, 5s more expensive?

In cata, 1-80 used Vanishing Powder, very cheap, very plentiful. 81-85 used that Dust, and it was extremely expensive. Thus, it made changing glyphs a bit like respecing your talent- you had to use some amount of gold to do it. If you did it often, you could easily spend a couple 100g in very little time

Now? Stuffs so cheap, you do 1 daily and you have enough gold to buy a full stack. Dunno why blizzard even wasted the thinking time to come up with its name/function.

I fully expect that, by next expansion, you will no longer need these to swap talents/glyphs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only reason I can think of is after the cataclysm expansion, people would have had stacks and stacks in reserve, so new tome = another small gold sink sooner rather than later. I too think it's pointless, but that's the only reason I could think of.
    Last edited by Blockygame; 2012-11-28 at 06:18 AM.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

Deleted
    Or you you get a tuntra travel mamount with the npc's. One of them seels it = you always have endless amoung. and the reason for them is like you said, to swift on the fly, when you are going to a new boss, so ofc they should have a prise

I don't even see the point in needing them. Why should we even need one to switch talents? They're so cheap to begin with, why not just remove them. They're pointless.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really think it matters either way. I don't mind having to carry and use them and I wouldn't mind if they went away.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    It's just like reagents. Pointless, it's something else to keep track of and with the new talent system, im always switching for different bosses. Whats the point of them now?
    They're cheap, I don't even know they're there. Keep them.

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    You already said the point of them. It's so you can switch talents for different bosses on the fly.
    As you should be and probably are able to puzzle out, he's not saying remove the ability to switch talents. He's saying remove the reagent cost of doing so.

---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 06:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    They might like it as a minor gold sink and as sort of flavor, so it feels like you're not just going ABRACADABRA! and making significant changes to what is essentially the very knowledge of your character.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    As you should be and probably are able to puzzle out, he's not saying remove the ability to switch talents. He's saying remove the reagent cost of doing so.
    Really? I didn't see where he said the cost but okay. Was confused a little bit there.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

They removed all the other reagents for rebirth, portals, poisons and so on... why not the tome too?

I can understand keeping them if they were crafted only but you can buy them off of vendors for like 40s or whatever...pretty pointless imo

Because reagents let some classes have inventory space advantage over the others, while the tomes and dusts apply to everyone.

With the reagents in place, you need to pay the inventory hassle price in order to enjoy the freedom of switching talents on the fly.

I don't mind the price. Only stacking to 20 does get quite irritating. I don't want to carry 2+ stacks, which means I'm constantly visiting the vendor or running out at inopportune times.
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    when I go to the carnival and drop 5 bucks on a -game- I don't bitch when I don't win the stuffed bear

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cywang86 View Post
    Because reagents let some classes have inventory space advantage over the others, while the tomes and dusts apply to everyone.

With the reagents in place, you need to pay the inventory hassle price in order to enjoy the freedom of switching talents on the fly.
    there's no need for anything here,there are plenty of other ways to create a gold sink while the cost of it are so low it's actually hard to call it a gold sink.
    its completely pointless

I agree with the OP, they are kind of pointless. Yeah, they are cheap, and I'll top my stack off whenever I think of it, but that really isn't the point....the point is why even bother since they are so cheap, not hard to obtain and not a meaningful part of respecing in any way shape or form other than being a requirement that doesn't need to be there. Not a big deal, really, though I'm a pack rat and carry tons of stuff on me at all time and just don't see a real need to carry these...if we could hold stacks of 200 though, well, that would be pretty sweet.

Given their current low cost, I must agree...they really don't serve a purpose other than taking up a bag slot.

Deleted
    Things become so easy, people take it for granted.

It feels like only yesterday There were loads of paladin buffs, which only lasted 5 minutes.
    No one ever complained back then, rebuffing was part of the job.

I mean, hell.. Back in the days you actually had to rethink your spec, could go hybrid have unique talents fit to your play style.
    And go to the trainer every time you did want to change something.

But no, I think they make it easy enough. So I'd like to keep the tome.

It's so you can switch talents for different bosses on the fly.