Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    lol i was almost hoping people would talk me out of it but i see my reasoning is sound

and ya ryuji that is the weapon and it would be 504 with the new upgrade system which is obviously a major upgrade especially for a warrior

---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 06:36 AM ----------

lol lahlah not every person has enough time/gold to make it viable to have two crafting professions i have a lot of toons i like to play and i dont believe its necesarry to have a bit extra strength or w/e from my professions that im holding the guild back but i see your point some what i did that on my shaman and i have two crafting professions on him and it was a minor upgrade at best.

Deleted
    I just wanted to add that in MoP you have to accept that tanks are gonna be rolling on pretty much on any plate that doesn't have crit on it. Most Builds have parry/dodge as the lowest prio especially for pally tanks, so the idea of only rolling on items with "tanking" stats is an outdated idea since Haste, hit, expertise and mastery are often much better to aim for.

It's exactly the same when healers in cata was crying about dps needing on spirit gear, and now that it is commonly accepted, people roll their eyes when a healer complains. Same will happen when people realize the traditional dps stats except crit is also considered better tanking stats then parry/dodge now. Get ready to share, it's a brave new world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cahayla View Post
    I would really like some serious advice on if i should continue with my raiding guild, heres the run down on why im considering leaving.

The people for the most part are people i like raiding with but one of our tanks is almost incompetent he takes forever to learn encounters, and he rolls on gear which is minor upgrade for him when it is a huge increase for dps. (healers arent having issues keeping him alive btw.)

Tonight we downed amber shaper for the first time and the weapon that i need as a fury warrior dropped. I have an axe off elegon and a LFR sword from terrace. I also have 1400 valor to upgrade this weapon ive been waiting for sitting there and spent the whole raid waiting for that one item. When it dropped the tank (who sucks and is really holding our raid back in the first place and who is using a 489 elegon axe already) needed it because it had "more stam" and won and since we are using a roll system for some reason it went to him.

Im guessing most of you can see the issue here when i asked why he needed it and said i think its dumb that he would even consider taking it over me he said i guess im dumb and wouldnt respond anymore at all. I just feel like this isn't good for advancement at all my GM said you can get it next time it drops which is a bad response since its not guaranteed obviously since i ran msv 6 full clears before going onto only HOF and the only time i got the weapon was from a token. i just feel like this isnt worth my time anymore.

thanks for the opinions either good or bad lay it on me straight just dont troll please i want serious opinions only please.
    This is what you say you and the tank both have? Elegion, the Fanged Crescent and this Scimitar of Seven Stars is what you lost the roll on?

found this on wowhead under the comments for the Scimitar

This looks like it is shaping up to be THE tank weapon in Mists first raid tier, although it certainly isn't bad for Frost DK's or SMF Warriors either. The blue socket and socket bonus look to be a bone thrown to shield tanks, however, since Kilrak is the "legendary" weapon and there are no "tank" gems for it... As a raid leader, I would give this to my shield tank first and then my frost dk, and my frost dk will get Kilrak first and then my prot warrior. From a stats and dps-need perspective, this makes the most sense for my raid and for most raid groups, I would imagine.
    Last edited by Seranthor; 2012-11-28 at 06:42 AM.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

What i mostly got from your original post is that you are complaining about losing a roll.

And if you are talking about Scimitar of Seven Stars, i'm sad to say that is probably THE tanking weapon of this raiding tier. Whether he 'deserved' it, or you 'deserving it more' then him, that's up to the loot rules of your guild... Doesn't really matter if he's a 'slow learner', or 'holding you back'. If he had the right\choice of rolling on it, and won it, too bad for you. It will drop more times.

You seem childish and just crying over losing a roll in my opinion, but if you dislike the current functioning of the guild, try and find a better suit for you.

Too much whining. You know the loot rules, obviously they don't work for you. Just go.

You don't loot council and people can just take whatever they please? Leave now.

Yes, Scimitar is THE tanking weapon of the tier, until you get the sha-touched sword from terrace, of course. Also, those talking about "tanking stats"...any strength plate that doesn't have haste or crit is fair game for tanks. Hit/Expertise are prioritized above dodge and parry. This does not excuse a shitty loot system, of course.

yes to seran and i somewhat see your point hulkgor but my issue isnt that its an upgrade to the tank... i understand that it is but as a fury warrior needing two weapons its a much better upgrade for me and its disheartening to see a paladin tank with an acceptable weapon need it over me where it is a huge upgrade thanks for your opinion its definatly making me think on it but im still not sure thats enough of a reason to keep on like this when i could move on or just stop raiding since at this point it almsot feels like i could just lfr on my alts and enjoy it as much since that is basically the loot system im dealing with in a structured raid

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    What i mostly got from your original post is that you are complaining about losing a roll.

And if you are talking about Scimitar of Seven Stars, i'm sad to say that is probably THE tanking weapon of this raiding tier. Whether he 'deserved' it, or you 'deserving it more' then him, that's up to the loot rules of your guild... Doesn't really matter if he's a 'slow learner', or 'holding you back'. If he had the right\choice of rolling on it, and won it, too bad for you. It will drop more times.

You seem childish and just crying over losing a roll in my opinion, but if you dislike the current functioning of the guild, try and find a better suit for you.
    Absolutely retarded take. My prot warrior is 490 ilvl and im still using a blue. Ive passed on the elegon axe both times its dropped, the scimitar twice, and the terrace one. You know why? Because weapons are purely a stat stick for warriors and paladins, whereas fury warriors and frost dk's are heavily dependant on weapon damage. This tank is an absolute tool for even rolling on it, he should have done what any tank worth their salt would have done, passed and waited until the dps didn't need it.

Krisys is giving a better take on my opinion then i have been able to LoL but ya if it had been a frost DK then ya roll on and if you win all you but the fact that its a tank and his main reason for needing it over me was "it has more stamina" just seems bad and i know some people may think im whining and i wouldnt disagree completley but if i am going to dedicate time to a raid group i would expect the people to at least do what is best for everyone and not selfishly take a major upgrade from someone for a little bit more stam.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you waste your time in a guild that doesn't use DKP or a fair loot council?

I'd be long gone by now.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

What's this, loot drama in World of Warcraft? mind=blown

The thing is, you knew going in the system worked off rolls so there's nothing to complain about. The stats on that item, hit meh but blue socket and mastery, tanking weapon. I've raided melee dps and it's great when you do get that weapon that boosts your deeps but I have never let it get me down because once you go down the path of whining for loot, what's the point in playing? Sure a melee mh is going to be the biggest boost to deeps but so what if you didn't get it this week, perhaps next week. I can understand people leaving a guild for many reasons but have always held little regard for people leaving raiding guilds over loot, unless they consistently get the shaft ...but that doesn't happen with rolls because no one is giving you the shaft but your bad luck in rolling.

Top 15 U.S. guild tank, look at that blue weapon - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/eonar/Sair/simple
    Last edited by Lahlah; 2012-11-28 at 06:57 AM.

Orangetai420 i raided 25 man from BC till dragon soul and i figured with this guild (10 man) dkp wasnt needed as much but i agree i should have looked for loot council although i feel like loot council isnt even needed for this situation it should be common sense that the pally should pass i think its more of an issue that he didnt pass then than anything else but i get your point

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cahayla View Post
    yes to seran and i somewhat see your point hulkgor but my issue isnt that its an upgrade to the tank... i understand that it is but as a fury warrior needing two weapons its a much better upgrade for me and its disheartening to see a paladin tank with an acceptable weapon need it over me where it is a huge upgrade thanks for your opinion its definatly making me think on it but im still not sure thats enough of a reason to keep on like this when i could move on or just stop raiding since at this point it almsot feels like i could just lfr on my alts and enjoy it as much since that is basically the loot system im dealing with in a structured raid
    Truth told, after reading the thread, looking at the weapons that you say you have, and what the tank has, seeing the wowhead comments and knowing that the tank won the roll fair and square, and seeing you snark at anyone that doesn't agree with you, I'll just say I'm staying out of the echo chamber and keeping my opinion to myself.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

A thought exercise:

1. You like just about everyone but the tank.
    2. Everyone knows the tank sucks.
    3. The tank is kind of a jerk who takes minor upgrades over bigger upgrades for teammates (not a team player).
    4. You're a warrior.

Solution: Why don't YOU tank and tell that jackass to take a hike. Then you'll get all the loot you need.

i also see your point lahlah nothing particularly screwed me over other then the rolls but maybe i just think that its irresponsible for a guild that really wants to kill bosses to not give the biggest increase possible from loot it can i dont even blame anyone other then the tank since i understand the loot rules but even with understanding them i still feel shafted since it just shouldnt have even crossed the tanks mind in my opinion to take that weapon over me.

Thanks for all the opinions still having trouble making my opinion .

---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 06:58 AM ----------

ya i could tank but i did that in wotlk and it jsut gets boring to me the only thing that makes tanking interesting is tank swaping really and unfortunatly that just gets annoying rather then fun lol but i see your point

leaving a guild because you're mad over loot isn't very cool. The sword was an upgrade to him as well as you, he had every right to roll on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by luciano View Post
    A thought exercise:

1. You like just about everyone but the tank.
    2. Everyone knows the tank sucks.
    3. The tank is kind of a jerk who takes minor upgrades over bigger upgrades for teammates (not a team player).
    4. You're a warrior.

Solution: Why don't YOU tank and tell that jackass to take a hike. Then you'll get all the loot you need.
    This is an excellent idea... step up and tell them you wanna be the MT...

Ok I just saw your sig, you have all those freakin toons and can't sacrifice one for gathering profs to give yourself two decent raiding profs? Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaail.