Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Throne of 4 winds Solo?

Is this possible? I have a fairly geared blood dk. Not really sure its doable. I also have a rogue and ww monk friend that would go. You think we could snag a healer or two and do it?
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

10+ Year Old Account
    4 people =/= soloing.

Also, no, the mechanics require at minimum 3 people for the conclave.

So, maybe 4 could do it.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Pretty sure theres a timer when one dies the rest need to be killed within 60ish seconds. So you'd need at least 3 people.

You can solo Al'akir...

Yeah thats what I thought didnt know if it had been updated so you could solo kill 1 platform at a time. Still need shoulder tier 11 reg on a couple toons to transmog.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Conclave isn't soloable due to the platforms mechanic. Should be 3 mannable if you bring 2 tanks and 1 dps, sending the dps to the brown/east guy to nuke him down while the tanks handle north and west. Al' Akir is soloable tho.

3-manned Conclave quite a few times in 4.3 with double Blood DK + Balance druid, so that shouldn't be a problem now. As for soloing Conclave, it might be possible this tier. I just can't remember what each of the boss' abilities do when you're not on their platform. I know one silences but can't remember what the others do.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

AL'Akir is pretty trivial as long as you ams acid rain at high stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    3-manned Conclave quite a few times in 4.3 with double Blood DK + Balance druid, so that shouldn't be a problem now. As for soloing Conclave, it might be possible this tier. I just can't remember what each of the boss' abilities do when you're not on their platform. I know one silences but can't remember what the others do.
    Conclave is impossible to solo because there has to be at least one person on each platform at all times, or you face their raid-wiping deafening winds.

10+ Year Old Account
    IIRC. There's a silencing/pacification ability used when you aren't on certain platforms?

Until that's revoked, I can't see it ever being doable completely alone.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    IIRC. There's a silencing/pacification ability used when you aren't on certain platforms?

Until that's revoked, I can't see it ever being doable completely alone.
    Aslong as you have to stay on multiple platforms it wont be soloable Al'Akir however is if you are skilled (or a DK )

The fight mechanics don't make the encounter "impossible", just very difficult. You need to deal with 2 of 3 of: 500% reduced attack/cast speeds, silence, 100% reduced healing, all dealing 500 damage per second2. At least for me, as a bear, the haste reduction and silence don't affect my DPS too badly, and if I can get rid of Anshal I can spend those 2 minutes working the other two down before I just repeat the process killing Anshal again.

It'll be possible in the future, likely with this tier's heroic gear, or next tier's gear.

For casters, can always just wait until spells hit for 4M each, at which point you can 1-shot rohash and get rid of the silence .
    Last edited by Braindwen; 2012-12-02 at 08:52 AM.

how do you deal with the killing them all within x period of time of each other :P

Oops, I accidentally edited out the part where I say I haven't done it yet.

It'll likely involve bringing the other two low on health while Anshal's dead, then the 2nd time you kill anshal finishing them off. Or something like that at least. I'm sure I can figure that portion of the fight out once I can actually, you know, kill Anshal the first time.

I was just saying that the mechanics don't make it impossible, at least not for everybody at every (reasonable) gear level.
    Last edited by Braindwen; 2012-12-02 at 08:59 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    When you do get the gear to solo the Conclave encounter, each of the three Djinn cast Harsh Winds if you are not on their platform. West prevents healing, North lowers haste, and East silences. Melee go clockwise and hunters are recommended for ranged soloers, warlocks would need a voidlord to tank for the North platform. You have a 60 second window to kill the other two Djinn when one is "dead". Switch platforms and deal damage, preferably on the east platform, to keep Harsh Winds low. It requires massive DPS, and quick thinking. Melee have it easier due to Deafening Winds not silencing many of the useful abilities. Al'Akir is much easier compared to Conclave, by the time you can solo Conclave, Al'akir is a piece of paper in comparison.
    A wise saying once said "A wise man builds a foundation from the bricks others have thrown at him."

15+ Year Old Account
    You can solo anything - as long as you got enough people
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

10+ Year Old Account
    You would essentially need to bring North and East platforms down to 5% (doing 10-5 by autoattack) before zerging down west platform due to the healing effect and then instagibbing the other two.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Still need shoulder tier 11 reg on a couple toons to transmog.
    Go kill Cho'gall?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    I visualized playing it in my head and it was bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathane View Post
    I mean you have all the trademarks of one childish, ignorant, irresponsible, retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    You would essentially need to bring North and East platforms down to 5% (doing 10-5 by autoattack) before zerging down west platform due to the healing effect and then instagibbing the other two.
    Normal was nerfed to 2 minutes. Not very long, but nowhere near that tight.

10M normal is definitely soloable. Just did this on an ilvl 573 Balance Druid with legendary cloak - knocked East down to 1 HP, jumped to North and did the same - jumped to West and killed - the other two went down and Al'Akir appeared. Dps'd him down simply avoiding one run of tornadoes - went to phase two and basically moonfire dot killed him before it got another shot off. Damage from all bosses was negligible - didn't even have to hit a heal, although I am talented into Ysera's Gift. Hope this helps.