Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    I like that vanish makes me do more damage in at least one spec. I'd like it even more if our openers were actually worth using from a damage perspective. Garrote, for instance, should be worth pressing for dps, as should ambush, (though I'm fine with one being the superior option) in all specs.
    I'd have to disagree to a certain extent. Openers are "openers" - they're not finishers. Their main purpose is, conceptionally, to give an unfair advantage of sorts. Garrote does so to a decent degree; it silences an enemy of choice. Cheap Shot disables an enemy entirely for a few seconds. These abilities do what they should, in my opinion. Ambush deviates from that a little by mainly bringing raw damage and no real utility, but I'd like to think of that as giving us more options depending on the situation at hand.

These skills SHOULD be situational, in my opinion, and shouldn't be an active part of our rotations.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Well, this thread has pointed out most of the implications of this wholly unwarranted nerf being reverted:

3)- Mobility improvement at last! If GC said this you'd all have his head, but you know there's plenty of times you want to duck behind a pillar or chase a low health target and your other CDs are gone. Some of those times, vanish will be up, and vanish definitely still snaps away snares and roots, and allows the lame duck sprint to do its job.
    4)- Rogue feels more like rogue again. This is subjective, but this is definitely my favorite change of the patch. The three minute blind change was totally out of the blue to begin with- no one with a CD reducing talent that was taken by well over 90% of the pvp community got ignored the way old elusiveness did.

Very strong nerf reversion, should help us out a whole lot.
    Not much of a mobility improvement. One extra snare break in a 3 minute match - not a big deal. Make Prep baseline and replace its talent with an actual mobility talent - then we can atcually take BoS or SS, and you've a simple mobility solution. Rogues still don't feel like rogues. Swap Prep for SS and run a few BGs and remember what it used to be like to be a rogue. We used to be able to stick on people. We used to be able to dance without needing to make sure rupture was up. Just not the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Seems like things are looking up for Rogues. Do any of you think this is going to make a significant enough change to make Rogues more viable in PvP, or this is just a quality of life change, that would have little impact?
    Little impact as of right now. They still received no changes to their biggest issues, so it's more of a "See, we are listening" type of change. We won't see any changes to the class along the lines of differentiating between the specs. Those kind of things happen in between expansions. Hopefully we receive more than just changes to our mobility because Rogues are still the squishiest class in the game. A squishy control class that deals okay damage and good burst, but bad survivability and mobility is not a winning formula.

I think if they improve our mobility we will have a much better time controlling the battle, but still have a hard time defending ourselves. Survival should be one of the Rogue's biggest assets. Survival, mobile, and controlling is a good formula for a class like Rogue... damage should be lowest on their list if they want to be successful.
    "Knock the world right off it's feet, and straight onto it's head."

http://http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Elargee/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    I'd have to disagree to a certain extent. Openers are "openers" - they're not finishers. Their main purpose is, conceptionally, to give an unfair advantage of sorts. Garrote does so to a decent degree; it silences an enemy of choice. Cheap Shot disables an enemy entirely for a few seconds. These abilities do what they should, in my opinion. Ambush deviates from that a little by mainly bringing raw damage and no real utility, but I'd like to think of that as giving us more options depending on the situation at hand.

These skills SHOULD be situational, in my opinion, and shouldn't be an active part of our rotations.
    I know ambush has had this talent before, but it would be nice if ambush proced something else too. Like if it proced a crippling effect or it reduced an opponents damage for a set amount of time. Instead of having it as a talent, just make it baseline.

Rogue gameplay(class+spec feel)/viability(class+spec strength) is still miserable compared to other classes.
    Last edited by Speaknoevil; 2012-11-30 at 02:30 AM.