Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Vanish back to 2 min

Didn't see this buff in 5.1 beta but it seems like it made it to live. vanish is back on a 2 min cd. minor buff but still happy none-the-less

Is this true? I mean PLEASE LET IT BE TRUE!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    did any1 see the pvp power buff on weps? got 58% now.

Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    Is this true? I mean PLEASE LET IT BE TRUE!!!
    It is true.

Wahey! Well, between this and the Blind change, I guess we got SOMEthing out of this patch at least.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Blizzard is cool, taking stuff away for a few months - for no reason what-so-ever, then giving it back to you makes you feel like you got something when in fact you got nothing - you were trolled for a few months.

Seems like things are looking up for Rogues. Do any of you think this is going to make a significant enough change to make Rogues more viable in PvP, or this is just a quality of life change, that would have little impact?

Deleted
    pve wise -> makes your t1 talent choice effect your dps more as u get to use it 1-2 times more per fight
    sub specific -> higher uptime on expose, anyone simed this to see if it makes the gap smaller by much compared to assasination on single target?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by salamala View Post
    Blizzard is cool, taking stuff away for a few months - for no reason what-so-ever, then giving it back to you makes you feel like you got something when in fact you got nothing - you were trolled for a few months.
    Bingo.

I wonder how many times Blizz will repeat this over the next couple years?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Seems like things are looking up for Rogues. Do any of you think this is going to make a significant enough change to make Rogues more viable in PvP, or this is just a quality of life change, that would have little impact?
    It's more of a QOL change, to be honest. Our damage output is still plagued by extremely painful mechanics, and unless they address that, we won't be PvP viable for a while.

Doesn't change how bland talents are and how similar specs are. Really wish they'd address the design problems with the class rather than the balance problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikapika View Post
    Doesn't change how bland talents are and how similar specs are. Really wish they'd address the design problems with the class rather than the balance problems.
    Give it time, they said they'd use 5.1 to fix outlying problems, these kinds of issues will hopefully come in 5.2. If they don't, we march upon Ghostcrawlers beachy abode with pitchforks.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Well, this thread has pointed out most of the implications of this wholly unwarranted nerf being reverted:

1)- Sub will gain a bit of dps in pve. This sounds ok, as sub was pretty mediocre damage, at least in the gear levels actual players have.
    2)- Survivability in pvp will probably not be cellared anymore. This is a BIG change, because 3 and 2 minutes is an eternity in pvp cooldowns. This will definitely help us.
    3)- Mobility improvement at last! If GC said this you'd all have his head, but you know there's plenty of times you want to duck behind a pillar or chase a low health target and your other CDs are gone. Some of those times, vanish will be up, and vanish definitely still snaps away snares and roots, and allows the lame duck sprint to do its job.
    4)- Rogue feels more like rogue again. This is subjective, but this is definitely my favorite change of the patch. The three minute blind change was totally out of the blue to begin with- no one with a CD reducing talent that was taken by well over 90% of the pvp community got ignored the way old elusiveness did.

Very strong nerf reversion, should help us out a whole lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Give it time, they said they'd use 5.1 to fix outlying problems, these kinds of issues will hopefully come in 5.2. If they don't, we march upon Ghostcrawlers beachy abode with pitchforks.
    I wouldn't count on enough changing to actually solve these issues happening during an expansion. Maybe we'll see a spec passive or two change, but the kinds of things that need to happen (at least one spec rebuilt from the ground up (preferably combat) and/or a rework of at least a tier or two of talents to make them actually pve relevant) don't happen outside of betas.

Deleted
    I'm back at 3 min CD, anybody got this too? oO
    Ah... seems buggy. If you change specs it is 3 min until you relog/travel.

Theres something inherently wrong with the design when a class needs to utilize a survivability coolddown as a dps gain in pve. Blizzard even mentioned this in Cata saying it was not there intention to make vanish a dps CD, albeit how mediocre the boost is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegirl91 View Post
    I'm back at 3 min CD, anybody got this too? oO
    Ah... seems buggy. If you change specs it is 3 min until you relog/travel.
    Its still 2 minutes for me O.o odd

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekked View Post
    Theres something inherently wrong with the design when a class needs to utilize a survivability coolddown as a dps gain in pve. Blizzard even mentioned this in Cata saying it was not there intention to make vanish a dps CD, albeit how mediocre the boost is.
    it's definately not mediocre for Sub

I like that vanish makes me do more damage in at least one spec. I'd like it even more if our openers were actually worth using from a damage perspective. Garrote, for instance, should be worth pressing for dps, as should ambush, (though I'm fine with one being the superior option) in all specs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eijin View Post
    Its still 2 minutes for me O.o odd
    At least at patchday it sometimes switched back to 3 min, dunno ^^