Spectral Guise - Stealth Nerfed?

Didn't see anything in the notes about it, but the new UI for silences and stuns doesn't allow for Spectral to be used in stuns or fears.

Now frost mages can 1 shot me again.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Why would that be a Stealth Nerf, Omniclenser?

This problem affects all classes equally. Nobody has access to bars using the default UI when the loss of control UI is triggered. That's more likely a bug rather than a stealth nerf to any particular class or ability.

My advice: Don't take everything personally.

We can all understand why this might seem like a nerf to you but since it isn't Spectral Guise that was changed and the problem affects other classes also, there's no need to think you (= your class) were nerfed. Instead, first try to figure out if it's a general problem with defensive cooldowns or an issue that really just affects your specific ability, then report the issue to Blizzard with your gathered information attached. That will allow them to investigate and possibly correct it.

Posting in a non-official forum about a possible stealth nerf serves no purpose other than to vent. While that's not bad in itself, we all sometimes need to vent, it doesn't help the issue, right?
    Last edited by Venara; 2012-11-28 at 03:03 PM.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Quote Originally Posted by Venara View Post

This problem affects all classes equally. Nobody has access to bars using the default UI when the loss of control UI is triggered. That's more likely a bug rather than a stealth nerf to any particular class or ability.

We can all understand why this might seem like a nerf to you but since it isn't Spectral Guise that was changed and the problem affects other classes also, there's no need to think you (= your class) were nerfed. Instead, first try to figure out if it's a general problem with defensive cooldowns or an issue that really just affects your specific ability, then report the issue to Blizzard with your gathered information attached. That will allow them to investigate and possibly correct it.

Posting in a non-official forum about a possible stealth nerf serves no purpose other than to vent. While that's not bad in itself, we all sometimes need to vent, it doesn't help the issue, right?
    I would agree with this but, seeing as mages can still blink out of stuns, this doesn't seem to be a "general" issue. Warriors can still get out of fear, etc etc. I think it could very well be an intended change or also a bug as you said. Also, yeah.. this post won't fix anything on MMO-Champ :P

It has a new icon - i wouldn't call it nerfed.

Spectral Guise was nerfed. Here's the quote:

There has been alot of confusion regarding Spectral Guise. It's not useable while cc'ed anymore since 5.1, bug or intended?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

@Nyphador Intended. Sorry that we failed to patch note it. We will update the notes.
    My thoughts on this? Ridiculous. Between the SG nerf, damage nerf, and other priest issues, I didn't even bother re-subbing.
    Last edited by Venaliter; 2012-11-29 at 03:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post

My thoughts on this? Ridiculous. I didn't even bother re-subbing.
    It's pretty horrible now, why they nerfed it is beyond me. It's suppose to be an escape mechanic. What good is it for if you can't even escape? They never know what to do with priests ever. Ever. It's like this every expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    It's pretty horrible now,
    Worse then horrible. Useless.

Worse then horrible. Useless.
    Yea I don't know what goes through their minds. Yea we will have it break on 3 attacks even though everyone attacks faster then a bullet... you can get 3 auto attacks off in less then 2 seconds.

Deleted

My thoughts on this? Ridiculous. Between the SG nerf, damage nerf, and other priest issues, I didn't even bother re-subbing.
    Can you please give me a link to this? I think I am going to switch to desperate prayer...

Quote Originally Posted by Venara View Post

I didn't take it personally, I was simply stating the effect of this new 'possible nerf'. While I haven't heard an official word as to whether or not the issue is intended or not, other classes are not reporting similar issues. Just like someone on this thread previously mentioned, Blink which is almost serves a similar function to Spectral Guise is unaffected by this new UI addition. That said, it still could be a bug, I'm waiting for official word before I make any judgement calls.

I will say that Spectral Guise is a detrimental part to playing a priest right now. I can't even imagine how a Disc priest might feel.

Yeah I mean, spriests weren't even good, we died so fast after disperse, life swap, fade, spectral guise, offheals, aoe fear and psyfiend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I think this thread proves that in WotLK, not only has being bad and lazy become acceptable, but a defendable position and point of pride for some people.