Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Will price of golden lotus go up?

    Patch 5.1 will go live very soon.
    There is an undocumented change with 5.1 that the SoH vendor will trade 1 SoH for 2 Golden Lotus.
    Another resouce said that we will be able to harvest from Sunsong ranch every 6 hours. But I cannot confirm this.
    Since SoH is a very important source of golden lotus, the price of it may go up (1 SoH->2 Golden Lutus) or down (if the change of Sunsong ranch is true).

    Just curious about people's opinion

  2. #2
    yeah looks like SoH vendor is only doing 1->2.
    sucks because i have like 30 sohs just sitting in my bag that i've slowly been converting to golden lotus to sell

  3. #3
    Legendary! Evil Inside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Down Under
    Posts
    6,984
    Harvesting from farm every 6 hours? sign me up!
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

    Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

  4. #4
    Field Marshal Naturcide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    amongst the hillfolk
    Posts
    50
    a little off topic, but it seems that the spawn rate of fool's cap was nerfed in the briney muck. Which is where i usually get my lotus from

  5. #5
    I really wish Blizz would at least mention these things. I would have gone and stocked up for my JC/alchy if I'd known.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Cemila View Post
    I would have gone and stocked up for my JC/alchy if I'd known.
    Overall, price is probably going to drop, for the following reasons:

    - You could previously grow 1.6 x 3 golden lotus per day, now you can grow anywhere from [2...4] x 1.6 x 2 golden lotus per day. That's 4.8 per day previously, vs. 6.4 now if you're lazy and only grow them twice per day, 9.6 per day if you grow them 3 times a day, and 12.8 if you don't sleep and do it 4 times a day. Edit: Incorrect.

    - Golden Lotus now appears to no longer have its own spawn points for herbing, but procs from gathering other plants, and appears to proc more than it did previously.

    Given these changes, the price of Golden Lotus on AH might drop to, maybe, 50% of what it was, in the weeks to come. Edit: First bullet was incorrect. The change in SoH -> Golden Lotus conversion might be balanced by herbing proc change, after all.
    Last edited by Elodeon; 2012-11-28 at 12:47 PM.

  7. #7
    What's the point of being able to harvest them every 6 hours? Like it wasn't boring to do already. Or like the crops or golden lotus for that matter were expensive or hard to get or like we need more of them. Now to obtain the same amount of gold I have to do four times more work, great.
    Because some people whine about not having flasks or food? I recently had like 100 golden lotus and 40 flasks in my bags and I didn't even plant seeds every day. Thankfully I sold my golden lotuses already.

    Prices will drop so the only people who benefit from this are the people who do not farm them. Instead of making mats for those ridiculous inscription trinkets less expensive they do this. Thank you.
    Last edited by Gilian; 2012-11-28 at 10:26 AM.

  8. #8
    Does anyone wnat to confirm the harvest every 6 hours because I dont think it is correct.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by 999tigger View Post
    Does anyone wnat to confirm the harvest every 6 hours because I dont think it is correct.
    It was a mistaken impression due to change in daily reset time, mis-confirmed by a few of us who planted crops the first day of patch 5.1 around the same time. When reset rolled around, re-planted crops are now showing a full 1 day of growth to go, as would have been expected.
    Last edited by Elodeon; 2012-11-28 at 12:48 PM.

  10. #10
    You can now purchase SoH for 600 conquest points so I don't think the price of golden lotus will increase that much, once the pvpers have upgraded all the gear they will probably dump all CPs on SoH and golden lotus.

  11. #11
    So whats going on, does Lotus nodes spawn rarely from picked plants or when you are picking a plant you have a rare chance of also pulling up some golden lotus?

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    So whats going on, does Lotus nodes spawn rarely from picked plants or when you are picking a plant you have a rare chance of also pulling up some golden lotus?
    The former is how it worked in 5.0. The latter is how it apparently works now. My wife picked up a total of 3 Golden Lotus on her herbalist on occasions when she was looting a normal herb.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 02:17 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by xrayEU View Post
    once the pvpers have upgraded all the gear they will probably dump all CPs on SoH and golden lotus.
    Unlikely to happen, except for a few with very high Conquest Point caps. Assuming you had a complete set of Malevolent gear already, you would have 16 slots to upgrade at 1500 Conquest Points each. If you get 2000 CP per week, this will take you 12 weeks.

    But you don't yet have a full set of Malevolent gear. You more likely have some 10 pieces still to purchase, which might take you another 6 weeks.

    Folks who PvP for gear won't have spare Conquest Points until patch 5.1 is quite long in the tooth.

    Maybe there exist people who PvP in crap gear so they can buy Golden Lotus, but I don't know them.
    Last edited by Elodeon; 2012-11-28 at 02:17 PM.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Elodeon View Post
    It was a mistaken impression due to change in daily reset time, mis-confirmed by a few of us who planted crops the first day of patch 5.1 around the same time. When reset rolled around, re-planted crops are now showing a full 1 day of growth to go, as would have been expected.
    Thought so since I just logged in and my crops weren't full grown yet. Thank god.

  14. #14
    My biggest problem with all of this is that I was using the 1 spirit -> 3 lotus to feed my Jewel Crafter alt a new recipe every day by Alchemy-ing 3 lotus + 3 lesser gems into 3+ greater gems which the JC would consume to learn a new gem cut recipe.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    My biggest problem with all of this is that I was using the 1 spirit -> 3 lotus to feed my Jewel Crafter alt a new recipe every day by Alchemy-ing 3 lotus + 3 lesser gems into 3+ greater gems which the JC would consume to learn a new gem cut recipe.
    Why not just learn a new recipe direct with 3x soh?

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by 999tigger View Post
    Why not just learn a new recipe direct with 3x soh?
    Well for one thing it is an alt, a level 85 alt that I don't intend to level anytime soon but I do intend to supply my main and my guild with gems. In return they give me enchants, tailoring bags, food, fish for quests, and lockbox openings. I also supply flasks for the guild as long as they supply the golden lotus. Since I won't be leveling it then I won't have any SOH's, and even if I did I hate to spend 30 motes on one recipie when its easier to do in 2 other ways.

    Besides 30 motes =6 lotus (use to be 9) which gives you 2 recipes (use to be 3) as opposed to 1 recipe for 30 motes. Took longer? Sure, but I wasn't playing that character anyways. If I didnt know the recipe that a guildie needed chances were with the random research lockboxes I would probably have the gem in my inventory anyways.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2012-11-28 at 04:10 PM.

  17. #17
    Epic! g01851's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southern California USA
    Posts
    1,533
    No more skinning the Fairlands Gazelle in Golden Lotus dailies area either... grrrr.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by moonfaceddr View Post
    Patch 5.1 will go live very soon.
    There is an undocumented change with 5.1 that the SoH vendor will trade 1 SoH for 2 Golden Lotus.
    Another resouce said that we will be able to harvest from Sunsong ranch every 6 hours. But I cannot confirm this.
    Since SoH is a very important source of golden lotus, the price of it may go up (1 SoH->2 Golden Lutus) or down (if the change of Sunsong ranch is true).

    Just curious about people's opinion
    You can't harvest more than once a day. The miscommunication came from the fact that they made the harvest time the same as daily reset time and then changed the daily reset time to coincide on all realms regardless of time zone.

  19. #19
    On a related note, anyone else seeing crazy numbers of Golden Lotus from their Tillers farm since the patch?



    Seven to nine a day so far. In addition, I've been getting Lotus from regular herbs on my farm as well...
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

    -Kujako-

  20. #20
    Ok,now we have two opposing forces:

    1.The ones picking herbs will get more lotus.

    2.The ones changing SoH will get less lotus.

    I dont even need to say what are the bigger numbers,right?

    Prices on my server reflected this change almost instantly with a 40% price increase over last week average(from 139 to 194,today avg 210).Its too soon to any conclusions but it seems the "SOH force" will win by a lot raising prices.

    On a side unrelated note this happened the day I was selling 200 Lotus on the AH(not in the patch notes,i was at work and couldnt cancel auctions).Now I am 27800 g richer but could be 40000g. Blizzard 1 - Me 0 lol...they owned me for good

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •