Thread: Mount droprates

  1. #1
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Wales, United Kingdom
    Posts
    146

    Mount droprates

    heya guys

    I was wondering, have they changed the drop rates at all for the mounts from dungeons and raids, or are me and my girlfriend extremely lucky? Will let you know what happened.

    Me and my girlfriend have 2 manned Tempest Keep for 2 months, and we now have one each. Dropped exactly a month ago today, and I passed it for her, and it now dropped about 20 mins ago for me. We also have killed Malygos 10 times in total on different chars, and have seen 4 Blue Drakes, and 1 Azure drake. And also today, we killed Onyxia for the tenth time, and it dropped and naturally I passed it for her. Are we just extremely lucky, or have they changed the drop rates at all?

    Cheers!

    P.S. Havent seen the Fiery Warhorse once in about 3 months on 4 different chars, and we've just started to two man Alysrazor, so hopefully that could drop too.

  2. #2
    The Unstoppable Force N-aix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dota 2 24/7 / Dark Souls II
    Posts
    21,557
    The fiery war horse is rarer then onyxia is the funny part

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaethon View Post
    heya guys

    I was wondering, have they changed the drop rates at all for the mounts from dungeons and raids, or are me and my girlfriend extremely lucky? Will let you know what happened.

    Me and my girlfriend have 2 manned Tempest Keep for 2 months, and we now have one each. Dropped exactly a month ago today, and I passed it for her, and it now dropped about 20 mins ago for me. We also have killed Malygos 10 times in total on different chars, and have seen 4 Blue Drakes, and 1 Azure drake. And also today, we killed Onyxia for the tenth time, and it dropped and naturally I passed it for her. Are we just extremely lucky, or have they changed the drop rates at all?

    Cheers!

    P.S. Havent seen the Fiery Warhorse once in about 3 months on 4 different chars, and we've just started to two man Alysrazor, so hopefully that could drop too.
    Well I'v been killin Onuxia for months now, started on lvl85 solo, never got te drop. Alysrazor can be done solo by certain classes ( moonkin ) but still no mount. Atm I have Al'ar, Fier warhorse, both vanilla ZG mounts, baron mount ( it took me some 1000 kills to get it ), so i guess it depends how lucky you are

  4. #4
    The thought to two-man or solo Alysrazor hadn't even occurred to me. I guess I didn't think the gap between 85 and 90 was big enough.
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

    Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The thought to two-man or solo Alysrazor hadn't even occurred to me. I guess I didn't think the gap between 85 and 90 was big enough.
    It was soloed at 85

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Iskra22 View Post
    It was soloed at 85
    By everyone and their mother playing every class right? Useless information is useless.
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

    Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

  7. #7
    Old God Winter Blossom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    "Winter is coming"
    Posts
    10,748
    Drop rates haven't changed. You and your GF are just getting lucky on when you entered the instance.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaethon View Post
    heya guys
    RNG is RNG
    I got both the mounts off malygos before I got the hailstorm for transmog

    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    By everyone and their mother playing every class right? Useless information is useless.
    by a couple different classes at 85.

  9. #9
    Legendary! Evil Inside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Down Under
    Posts
    6,969
    Fiery warhorse is like 0.2% drop, and you have really good rng luck.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

    Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    By everyone and their mother playing every class right? Useless information is useless.
    You never mentioned any class in any posts in the thread so far, so... Also moonkin, mage, and priest have all done it, not everyone, but not some super limited subset either.

    Also, if it was solo'd at 85, literally every class could 2 man it by just standing in a corner. While the level 90 could do what he did at 85 only better.

  11. #11
    Immortal Maklor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    7,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaethon View Post
    P.S. Havent seen the Fiery Warhorse once in about 3 months on 4 different chars, and we've just started to two man Alysrazor, so hopefully that could drop too.
    Took me about a year also on 4 chars before it dropped, but then again it is among the 2-3 rarest mounts that drops.

  12. #12
    Epic! Sighz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,668
    I've seen Fiery Warhorse drop ONCE since I started playing in TBC. Thankfully I won it with a nice round 100. :P
    Never seen it again, but my brother won it while 3 manning it at L80. Cleared for a year and a half to get it on my new main but never did. Account wide mounts <3
    Don't see many people riding it these days either.
    Last edited by Sighz; 2012-11-28 at 05:32 PM.

  13. #13
    Immortal Maklor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    7,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Sighz View Post
    I've seen Fiery Warhorse drop ONCE since I started playing in TBC. Thankfully I won it with a nice round 100. :P
    Never seen it again, but my brother won it while 3 manning it at L80.
    Don't see many people riding it these days either.
    Because it can't fly

  14. #14
    Epic! Sighz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,668
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Because it can't fly
    But lowbies can use it now with account wide stuff! Would have thought people would use it while leveling their new Monks or something.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Iskra22 View Post
    You never mentioned any class in any posts in the thread so far, so... Also moonkin, mage, and priest have all done it, not everyone, but not some super limited subset either.
    I know when I tell someone something is solo-able I make sure to mention if specific classese are required because of the very likely chance that they don't play one of them.
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

    Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I know when I tell someone something is solo-able I make sure to mention if specific classese are required because of the very likely chance that they don't play one of them.
    You specifically mentioned the gap between 85 and 90. So I pointed out the gap was irrelevant, as it was already done at 85. Class was never mentioned anywhere.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Iskra22 View Post
    You specifically mentioned the gap between 85 and 90. So I pointed out the gap was irrelevant, as it was already done at 85. Class was never mentioned anywhere.
    Why must I specify? Soloing content is kind of dependent on class (and specs, and sometimes specific pieces if gear are required). Just look at ANY topic where it's discussed.

    And the level gap is only irrelevant to the classes that could solo it at 85. Other classes find it very relevant.
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

    Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

  18. #18
    Immortal Maklor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    7,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Sighz View Post
    But lowbies can use it now with account wide stuff! Would have thought people would use it while leveling their new Monks or something.
    I'm playing horde most horde look stupid on horses because they are big.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 07:36 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I know when I tell someone something is solo-able I make sure to mention if specific classese are required because of the very likely chance that they don't play one of them.
    Anyone can freely roll whatever class they want aside from their "main".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •