Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Fool's cap spawn rates

Wondering if anyone else noticed a huge drop in spawn rate of Fool's cap in the Briney Muck?

I actually noticed a drop in fool's cap spawn rate period. Flew through all of Dread Wastes and Townlong and found total 3 nodes. Flew around for half an hour and found none.

10+ Year Old Account
    if i had known about this i would have farmed a ton more than i did

Definetely fewer nodes, but I've gotten Golden Lotus from other nodes now, just like with Frost Lotus in Wrath.

Definately Less - used to be Nodes aplenty but as you have said few and far between

also for silkweed. i noticed a drop in green tea leaf as well but you can still gain a good amount even with the nerf. but silkweed wow... a full sweep of the river stretching from end to end in valley and krasarang wild and only got 2 stacks
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Awesome! I bought a whole bunch off the AH Monday for cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    Awesome! I bought a whole bunch off the AH Monday for cheap.
    It is only awesome if that whole bunch you bought cheap will last you until the next expansion.

Must be a stealth nerf and intended, after the reset today still nerfed to the ground all herb nodes (they were there but once gathered they never respwn again).

I guess they intend to stop the bots? herbs are so cheap and consequently inks/cards are too...

The only thing hilarious about this is the entire blue post going on front page saying they do inform us properly on patch notes.

IDK what's worst, a game full of bots or the real players geting screw'd over game changes aiming them.

No this is entirely expected. They flood the market at first so that the prices normalise quicker when the expansion drops and then pull back the spawn rate later to bring the value back. This way prices don't stay inflated the whole time and cheaper resources at first means more finished product on the auction house ensuring that finished product prices normalise quicker too. Imagine if for 3 months after an expansion the spawn rates of herbs is what it is now, there would be more people paying more for less as opposed to half already having what they need.

This is all supply and demand. People just got use to there being too much supply even though it was never intended to be so for the whole expansion. A month ago people were complaining the spawn rate was too high and every herb was a dime a dozen and sold like it was a dime a dozen.

You just have to let your brain get use to the 'New Normal'.

Deleted
    So because it was actually easy farming and didn't take all day to fill a bag with herbs or ore they decided to nerf it. I actually liked the idea to have basic mats abundant but the more advanced on daily cooldowns.

I think this one would have been a better link(blue post confirming it and all).

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/246493-herb-nerf/

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Mining and Herb spawn rates in Pandaria have been reduced by approximately 50% in patch 5.1, and this is indeed an intended change. These are in addition to the hotfix that was applied in 5.0.5 to lower the spawn rate of Ghost Iron.

In all of these cases, the reduction was prompted because the resources were too abundant, resulting in ore and herbs being undervalued, and also therefore the effort that our herbalists and miners put in to collect each node. We’ll be monitoring the situation, though, and should the current rates prove to be too low then we’ll make further adjustments as necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris2500DK View Post
    Definetely fewer nodes, but I've gotten Golden Lotus from other nodes now, just like with Frost Lotus in Wrath.
    can anyone confirm this?

you can get Golden Lotus from any other herb node??

Deleted
    Imo these changes are for the better.
    Respawns are slower means you actually have to fly around the world to collect herbs and not just stick in 1 place -> bad for bots -> better rewards for you spending efford farming

Yes you can get Golden Lotus from other herbs, but very rarely or luck is on your side (RNG).

Spawns of notes were nerfed (Ghost Iron was already nerfed in a hotfix after 5.0.5) with about 50% in 5.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Chipnip View Post
    Imo these changes are for the better.
    Respawns are slower means you actually have to fly around the world to collect herbs and not just stick in 1 place -> bad for bots -> better rewards for you spending efford farming
    That's only true if noone else is farming.

At some point within an uptime we can safely assume that all nodes you're harvesting are asynchronous respawns. From that point on it is largely irrelevant if you are spending your time in the same area/zone (given it is large enough) or move through multiple areas. Statistically the times where you're just on the respawn timer and those where you're behind someone else who gathered that respawn should even out.

Therefore the lower respawn rates are not worse for bots than they are for player gatherers. It will depend on the development of herb prices in the AH how bot users react. If the lower gather rate is mostly compensated by higher AH prices, nothing will change for them. If not they might move on to getting in people's way elsewhere.
    Last edited by Fela; 2012-11-30 at 09:29 AM.

Welp, Im done herbing. some other poor shmuck can supply my guilds herbs. *shrug* im not devoting 30 hours of gameplay a week to flying around collecting little nodes because someone at BlizFail has there panties in a twist.

Spawn rate is now too low to be feasable. you can NOT herb enough to supply a guild with flasks.

At this point im almost wondering of farming Motes and turning them into HERBS would be more time and cost effective than actuail herb farming.

this is sad blizzard. completely sad.

as a player who has Herb and Alch on my main (two completely wasted professions now apparantly) and Inscription on an alt (another waste now) i am more than just a little bit pissed off about this change.
    Till water is gone, Till shade is gone. Into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath. To spit in Sightblinders eye on the last day.

To be honest, this "nerf" has been coming for a loooong time. I said a few days into the expansion that everyone (jn my guild) should expect a "nerf" of the spawn really soon. It was the same in Cataclysm, and it was "nerfed" within a week or 2. You are just not supposed to be able to fill your bags in no time at all. It has never been that way, and it will never be either.

reason that I put "nerf" in quotes is that I dont see it as one. I see it as a bugfix, because im sure it wasnt intended to have herbs and ore spawning all over the place. I have a farmer that has both herbalism and mining, and my record is 14 - FOURTEEN nodes on my minimap at the time. That doesnt include quest spawns or anything, but only normal herbs and ore. Dont tell me thats intended

Not to mention certain caves you could farm in for hours and hours and hours until your bag burst

This is the new norm, there was no value in resources because they were too abundant. You can't get pissy with blizzard for doing something that they do in every expansion just because you find it to be a disadvantage to you compared to what it use to be. We were never intended to sell snowballs in a snowstorm for the entire life of the expansion. Get over it and move on.