Soloing previously non-soloable content

Raid groups are no longer necessary to enter pre-Mists of Pandara raid dungeons. Enemies in these raids that previously required more than one player to defeat are now more easily dealt with by players battling alone.

can anyone please link any additional information about this blue post.
    yesterday i soloed chess event first try. today after the patch i tried 23 times and gave up. also razorgore is not any easier either.
    just wondering if anyone else found out more

"Doable" does not mean "Easy"

Razorgore is doable, but far from easy. Very far from easy. But it IS doable.
    Viscidus is doable, but it seems that you have to think way outside the box to find a way to land enough melee hits to shatter him in the small window given, unless you dual-wield. Freezing him is easy (Elemental Force, Deathfrost, Icy Chill, Frost Oil, weapon with Frost Damage proc).

Only other boss that was changed was High Warlord Naj'entus in BT, just made his immunity not last as long.

As to your issues with the Chess Event... it is very random how Medivh will play against you, so it can be hard to gauge it right.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Razorgore has had his CD removed for destroying eggs. Your strat will vary based on your class and role.
    I solo'd it as a prot warrior and just soaked all the dmg and reapplied mind control when it wore off. I was left at very low health (prolly should have used second wind). I'm sure I'll come up with a better strat later, but he's way easier than before.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Viscidus is doable, but it seems that you have to think way outside the box to find a way to land enough melee hits to shatter him in the small window given, unless you dual-wield. Freezing him is easy (Elemental Force, Deathfrost, Icy Chill, Frost Oil, weapon with Frost Damage proc).
    That's pretty misleading. Viscidus is very much not soloable by most classes still. All this change did was make him easier to solo for the classes who could solo him before. They significantly nerfed the required hits to freeze him(it's 20 now), but didn't nerf the required hits to shatter him nearly enough. Freezing was never the problem(those things you listed to use to freeze him have been in game - with the exception of Elemental Force - for years), it has always been breaking him after you freeze him and that is still the case.

dunno if this was true before the change but i solo'd TK earlier, alas no mount. he still hits ya good....that bastard.

I'm going to yank one of my posts I put up on another identical thread.

Did AQ 40 tonight, I actually almost solo'ed Twins, but the adds got out of control for me to manage while switching targets focusing on keeping my pet at max range without moving my self closer or farther away. Any closer they would start healing, any farther my pet would despawn. And as BM, I can keep my pet alive while doing Spell and Physical damage at decent rate, not needing to actually move anywhere, just have to have my pet switch target, and myself switch targets without having my pet budge an inch.

Seen a DK solo Viscidus at 85, doesn't seem to difficult. Save Ghouls and Army for the final shatter. "It seems this fight no longer requires X number of frost attacks in a certain number of seconds during the shatter phase, more of an overall number of PHYSICAL and FROST within X seconds it seems."

Send Pet button is amazing. And Viscidus I've solo'ed twice as a BM hunter with the Chimera pet and dropping snake trap and CD's on Shatters.

Razorgore, I have yet to figure out.

C'Thun, I couldn't do it. My pet kept vanishing when I got ported below.
    (Is it "See-thoon" or "Ka-thoon"?)

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    If c'thun dropped a pet im certain that boss wouldve gotten nerfed too
    The first boss of AQ40 (Can't remember his name at the moment) Dropped a companion, and I won it. Mini Mindslayer Mini Mindslayer