Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Holy 5.1 upgrade priority

    I was looking through my gear and was choosing what upgrades might be best to start out with and my conclusion is the shield since 1) other then normal and heroic, there are no better sheilds in the game and 2) it's obviously not something ill be replacing soon.

    So, my guess would be shield first, relic of chi ji second, then weapon third (if I don't get lucky and loot the one from empress before then)

    My gear isn't as impressive as other people's since I don't have much time to raid, so im wondering what other people's upgrade priorities are.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNL...ature=youtu.be (#1 SSB Gold run on Bleeding Hollow)
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

  2. #2
    i myself gonna go with trinkets first "DMC and Will trinket",then my hc 509 belt ,after that ill just go with things am not likely going to replace anytime soon

  3. #3
    Basically since it takes the same amount of valor to upgrade any piece of gear, you should factor in the base stat allocation that the gear has. Obviously its better to upgrade pants over gloves, for example. If you get the empress weapon then that's a no-brainer to upgrade first. As you say, its a good choice to upgrade something you're unlikely to replace, but remember you're not shooting for a BiS setup - you need the gear NOW for progression. By the time you're anywhere remotely close to BiS you'll have 16/16 heroic on farm anyway and you won't need the gear.

  4. #4
    Stood in the Fire Kae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    389
    Pretty much gone for Chest and Legs because they have nice and high stat allocations, and I have a heroic item in both.

    I would go for weapon if I had an empress mace, but I don't. Seemed like a waste to upgrade a normal mode mace with no gem slot considering I'm trying to get rid of it like the plague so I can use my legendary gem that's sitting in my bank gathering dust.

  5. #5
    I have the 504 empress mace and only 3 & 4 of the sigils, respectively

    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

  6. #6
    you should upgrade bis gear dumb noob

    Let's not throw around insults, please. - Malthanis
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2012-11-28 at 03:47 PM.

  7. #7
    DMC trinket was my first yesterday, and I'll probably use my valor this week for the second upgrade on that piece.

    Outside of that, I'm probably going to wait until I get either a sha-touched weapon or just stockpile valor for when my guild starts heroic content.

  8. #8
    I did Tier gloves and Legs, since I don't anticipate getting Heroic Tier gloves and legs anytime soon, and I think I can get better trinkets before then.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

  9. #9
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    jacksonhell
    Posts
    484
    I waited until after MV last night and got my first item with bonus rolls ever. The mace from will! since garalon we still cant seem to get down right i upgraded that twice and my relic of chi ji twice

    Also, ill upgrade my shield at the end of the week.
    only reason i did the mace was because i was still using the 463 carapace breaker so it was a hugggggggggge upgrade

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Karazee View Post
    I did Tier gloves and Legs, since I don't anticipate getting Heroic Tier gloves and legs anytime soon, and I think I can get better trinkets before then.
    Aren't we supposed to break our tier on the gloves? Which piece you're not using?

  11. #11
    High Overlord Jaling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    123
    I can't decide how to approach upgrading my gear. I have the 476 weapon from Will on LFR, so I was thinking that. I also crafted the 496 hands, so maybe that. Of course, I have the tier hands sitting in my bag as well. I really have no idea how I'll approach it. I have 2200+ valor at the moment, and 2500+ jp.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by neepz View Post
    Aren't we supposed to break our tier on the gloves? Which piece you're not using?
    The tier legs don't have spirit though, aren't the legs from Feng better then tier legs?

    I thought it was legs from Feng + tier gloves/ head/shoulder/chest

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNL...ature=youtu.be (#1 SSB Gold run on Bleeding Hollow)
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

  13. #13
    Weapon from Empress will get 2/2 before I even consider anything else.

  14. #14
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    jacksonhell
    Posts
    484
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishau View Post
    Weapon from Empress will get 2/2 before I even consider anything else.
    Ok, but what if you are one of the people like me who Just got a wep that wasnt a 463, and havent killed empress, i was sitting on 2500 vp at the start of the week theres no reason to not upgrade what you can, if you dont have the mace

  15. #15
    My basic philosophy is to upgrade least likely to be replaced this tier with priority over most likely to be replaced this tier. The dmc isn't getting replaced this tier so it got upgraded. pretty much everything else I have on my body is getting upgraded and some pieces I have ready access to but just don't have yet so I don't see any reason to spend the points to upgrade something that I'll probably get at some point instead of waiting a couple days for a piece that will be my bis this tier and upgrading that. If I ever get to a point where I'm valor capping and haven't gotten anything bis to work with, I'll upgrade something to avoid the cap but that's just not going to happen for many weeks.

  16. #16
    Obviously upgrade any BiS slots you have. If you don't have any then your decision should really just weigh up which pieces you think you'll upgrade latest (e.g. tier helm from Sha, weapon from Empress) and which have better itemisation (wouldn't upgrade something without spirit).

    For you, Avercy, Tier Gloves are definitely the best thing to upgrade. You haven't done normal HoF so I can't see you replacing gloves before a lot of other pieces (drops off Wind-Lord heroic).


    Quote Originally Posted by neepz View Post
    Aren't we supposed to break our tier on the gloves? Which piece you're not using?
    The legs are the off piece this tier.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by neepz View Post
    Aren't we supposed to break our tier on the gloves? Which piece you're not using?
    Right now I'm not using shoulders because I have not gotten tier shoulders. When I do, I'll not use the helm since the helm from Protectors of the Endless has an Elite version with a higher iLevel and therefore more raw stats.

    You have to remember that not everyone is into heroic raiding yet, and are still filling spots with 476 raid finder gear. I won't be replacing the tier gloves or tier pants I got from Sha of Anger anytime soon. Therefore, those are the best candidates to upgrade immediately.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

  18. #18
    Our best off-set piece is the legs by like, a lot. The tier legs have no spirit and the legs from Feng have really good sockets to work with. The tier helm is better itemized than the Protector helm. I have the LFR tier helm and the elite Protector's helm and I honestly think that since it gives me the 2pc set bonus, the LFR tier helm is better right now. Trying it tonight to see how it feels but yeah , item level means almost nothing.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyrotten View Post
    Our best off-set piece is the legs by like, a lot. The tier legs have no spirit and the legs from Feng have really good sockets to work with. The tier helm is better itemized than the Protector helm. I have the LFR tier helm and the elite Protector's helm and I honestly think that since it gives me the 2pc set bonus, the LFR tier helm is better right now. Trying it tonight to see how it feels but yeah , item level means almost nothing.
    I'm sick and tired of getting different answers on this.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

  20. #20
    Don't make the mistake I did... Upgrading trinkets, rings, necks and cloaks are not worth it as a first upgrade!!

    I thought it would increase the trinket spirit proc (DMC) but it only gave me 41 spirit. Hasty stupidity. Seriously though, upgraded my Klaxxi legs netted me big chunk of stats. Totally worth it for that. I would say chest and legs first, always BIS next and then whatever your heart desires.

    Aveline's amazing work!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •