Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The BFG of course!

Hmmm.....

Toadstool's "Frying Pan" in Super Mario RPG was the first thing to come to mind. Given the best setup, you never use her for offense, but it was her best weapon. A frying pan.

The other thing that came to mind was Frank in Shadow Hearts: From the New World. He literally stuck a hilt on whatever object he could find, be it a stop sign or a freaking cactus. Yeah, that's how you upgraded his weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Talorh View Post
    Rocket Launcher from Quake 3.
    Best weapon ever. Well, aside from the flak cannon from the UT series.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jmacphee9 View Post

of course the golden gun from golden eye, cant believe it hasnt been said yet.
    Can't believe it took that long to mention it either. Probably the most iconic gun in video games.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Weren't priests basically the only thing that could do anything about Teutonic Knights? I seem to remember those guys being just comically overpowered.
    Nah they were fodder for my cavalry archers. But yes, any melee vs fully upgraded elite TK's and it was over before it started.

My vote goes to Solid Snake's hands and his CQC. No man has broken more necks/bones or given more sleeper holds.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-11-29 at 06:03 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    Other than the Energy Sword, I don't remember what any of those weapons look like in any of those games haha. Well, and the AK-47 obviously. I wouldn't call them iconic weapons. ;P
    You had a terrible childhood, then

I tossed in the Halo sword because console gamers wouldn't have any freaking clue what the rest of those are, except maybe the Cerebral Bore since the Turok games were console games that had terrible PC ports.

ak47 and m4a1 get a nod as Counter-Strike weapons, because as far as I'm aware, Counter-Strike was the first and by far the most popular shooter to feature those weapons. Up to that point, we were still largely looking at Quake, Doom, and Unreal for our guns, and all three games go for energy weapons and more exotic guns than realistic weapons.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Bullshit. One Priest can't possibly convert an entire-

Actually, that's quite effective.
    BAM, Right in the Childhood

WOLOLOOO
    {◕ ◡ ◕}

that is all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

This:

And this:

{◕ ◡ ◕}

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    1.master sword
    2.buster sword
    3.thuum - fus roh dah
    4.deagle/AWP/ak-47/or knife from CS

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    Hey, you can't do th- HEY WAIT A MIN- yeah that seems like a pretty legit weapon to me.
    Oh god, that brought some lovely memories...

WOLOLOOO!
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

15+ Year Old Account
    Chainsaw, from any game with one in it, from Doom to Lollipop Chainsaw, using one of those as a weapon is always a fun time.

Also [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]
    Last edited by Clockwork Pinkie; 2012-11-29 at 10:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How could you forget the ATOMIC TOASTER!!!!!

And Bazzoka + Bio pistol from gunman chornicles.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    I seriously cant believe nobody posted this iconic weapon:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post

that is all.
    THANK YOU. Finally someone lse who thinks of the Rip You a New Ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    Oh god, that brought some lovely memories...

WOLOLOOO!
    The moment I heard those guys... it was gtfo and get some cavalry around them. I love how they could be upgraded to convert buildings, although I found that upgrade near useless...

And teutonic knights... slow as hell but killing anything in the way. The REAL man's siege weapon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Deleted
    Lightsaber - Star Wars
    Crowbar - Half Life
    Portal Gun - Portal
    Arm Cannon - Metroid

I feel like the molotovs from Left 4 Dead are really iconic. Not because there haven't been molotovs in other games, but they just fit the setting so well and feel more real in L4D than in other games with molotovs, to me anyway.

Also the grenade launcher and various magnums (usually revolvers, sometimes .50 or .45 semi-auto handguns) from Resident Evil games. Though really I guess that also means the Baretta M92F pistol. It's a real world pistol of course, but for some reason it's almost always the starting pistol (one way or another) in RE games and is frequently used in the cutscenes.

Deleted

I know, i'm such a fucking hipster.
    Last edited by mmoc0147b9f362; 2012-11-29 at 02:39 PM.