Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hif View Post
    Finally Justice. 60 years late, but finally Palestine is recognized. The fact that the rest of the world believes so as well only proves how out of touch Germany, the UK and the US are.
    erm... We (UK) abstained and would have voted yes if we had received some conditions but we didn't so we abstained that doesn't equate to a no... -.-
    I have seen worlds bathed in the Makers' flames. Their denizens fading without so much as a whimper. Entire planetary systems born and raised on the playground is where i spent mosta my days, Chillin out, maxin', relaxin' all cool,An' all shootin some B-ball outside of the school,When a couple o' guys who were up to no good, Started makin' trouble in my neighbourhood, I got in one little fight and my mum got scared, She said 'You're movin with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air!'

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Did the UK vote against it? If so Im sure thats a breach of David Camerons power, an overwhelming amount of Brits voted for palestine to be recognized, so basicly (if we voted no) hes not portraying the views of his people, ie have fun at the next election.
    The UK didn't vote. Which like you said is pretty much against the will of the country.

Next time we get to vote i'm going to spoil my vote, non of the current parties are worthy.

There isn't enough Muslim ran nations over there for them to join one?

Canada voted against it too

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    sometimes a pictures worth a thousand words

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    This thread won't end well.

But I will answer honestly and try to explain why the US doesn't want Palestine to be official.

1. Lack of real a government, has a terrorist organization as the primary political party.
    2. Every time you hear about Israel taking action, your media fails to mention the preceding actions taken by Palestinians.
    3. The official stance of the primary Palestinian government officials, and all the Islamic Terrorist organizations is the removal of all non-Islamic people from the middle east. ie they want to kill every Jew.
    4. So the US official stance is to never negotiate with terrorists, and known terrorist associates.
    5. By recognizing Palestine means terrorists get an official nation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    If it were only that easy. Animosity and hatred would continue against Israel and the US, though not for the same reasons. Their conflict is very religiously motivated. That it's currently happening in that area is just coincidence. Ofcourse, if they did let it all happen, Israel and the US would have a clean slate and any continued aggression against them would make the aggression and fault entirely that of the palestinians and Hamas.

But Hamas will not stop even if Palestine is recognized. I can promise you, without a shadow of a doubt, that they would continue. Their mission is not over until every jewish man, woman and child are dead or dying.
    There is no way Hamas, Al Qaeda, or any other fundamentalist Muslim group will even come close to that. For you to even consider that what Hamas says to be an actual threat, shows how far gone the propaganda is. These people are refugees with no jobs, weapons from the 70's era soviet Russia, and no financial connections compared to the west.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Why did Australia and UK abstain?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post
    sometimes a pictures worth a thousand words

In this case, it really does say more than a thousand words. What's so wrong is that with so many people supporting full Palestinian membership, they are still blocked by a tiny handfull of countries. It's simply undemocratic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidenx View Post
    Why did Australia and UK abstain?
    Because both share a number of foreign policy aims with the US.

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 10:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    This just your opinion man. This shows that the majority of the world more or less considers Israel as a bully with a big daddy issues.
    Again, so? Of the 198 member states of the UN less than 15 actually matter in terms of international affairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Yirrah View Post
    In this case, it really does say more than a thousand words. What's so wrong is that with so many people supporting full Palestinian membership, they are still blocked by a tiny handfull of countries. It's simply undemocratic.
    Yes, and international relations is not a democratic playing field. You cannot fault the US for standing on the side of its proxy's interests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

If anything it shows how useless the UN is

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 06:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Because both share a number of foreign policy aims with the US.

Again, so? Of the 198 member states of the UN less than 15 actually matter in terms of international affairs.

Yes, and international relations is not a democratic playing field. You cannot fault the US for standing on the side of its proxy's interests.
    I know Australia and UK are close to Anerica but why would they just not vote no?

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    israelis just seem in a state of total denial. the world doesnt like what youve done and how you behave as evidenced in a landslide vote depsite israeli/us pay outs and coercion. yet still you dismiss it as everyone else is wrong, you are right. now you are building more illegal settlements in the occupied territories like a petulant child and swing even more opinion against you. wake up, get on with your neighbours and you might get somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know Australia and UK are close to Anerica but why would they just not vote no?
    Pulling a Pilate and washing their hands of the issue, most likely. Either that or they finally understand the General Assembly is nothing but a circle jerk for tinpot third world countries of no international consequence.

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 10:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post
    israelis just seem in a state of total denial. the world doesnt like what youve done and how you behave as evidenced in a landslide vote depsite israeli/us pay outs and coercion. yet still you dismiss it as everyone else is wrong, you are right. now you are building more illegal settlements in the occupied territories like a petulant child and swing even more opinion against you. wake up, get on with your neighbours and you might get somewhere.
    There is a difference between denying it, and not caring. Israel's foreign policy is strictly realist; they do what is necessary for the benefit of their state, tempered by the aid they recieve from the United States. Before WWI most of the Great Powers operated under a similar system.

Hence why I find Wilson's legacy truly disgusting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    This thread won't end well.

But I will answer honestly and try to explain why the US doesn't want Palestine to be official.

1. Lack of real a government, has a terrorist organization as the primary political party.
    2. Every time you hear about Israel taking action, your media fails to mention the preceding actions taken by Palestinians.
    3. The official stance of the primary Palestinian government officials, and all the Islamic Terrorist organizations is the removal of all non-Islamic people from the middle east. ie they want to kill every Jew.
    4. So the US official stance is to never negotiate with terrorists, and known terrorist associates.
    5. By recognizing Palestine means terrorists get an official nation.
    Fantastic! And for some reason, people thinking supporting a Palestinian government who murders gay people and suppresses it's women is a step forward in human rights.

10+ Year Old Account

No, but I can fault the world for allowing the US to block the democratic process.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pulling a Pilate and washing their hands of the issue, most likely. Either that or they finally understand the General Assembly is nothing but a circle jerk for tinpot third world countries of no international consequence.

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 10:47 AM ----------

There is a difference between denying it, and not caring. Israel's foreign policy is strictly realist; they do what is necessary for the benefit of their state, tempered by the aid they recieve from the United States. Before WWI most of the Great Powers operated under a similar system.

Hence why I find Wilson's legacy truly disgusting.
    You contradict yourself. Israel cannot embrace a realist doctrine and and some bygone historical doctrine at the same time. Before WWI world powers were clinging to Colonialism even as it was in decline.

Israel has no foreign policy. Their sheer reliance on the US for diplomatic and military cover has caused any foreign policy to atrophy. Their behavior has driven away Turkey. But Likud likes to claim new relations with Azerbijan as an improvement. Next they will be telling us the the Czech republic is the New Europe. Who need France, Spain and Germany.

You were right to point out the Colonialism of pre-WWI. It failed and the world abandoned it with good reason.

Its so far from being Realist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    Fantastic! And for some reason, people thinking supporting a Palestinian government who murders gay people and suppresses it's women is a step forward in human rights.
    Don't even get me started on that, people might think I have issue with 1/3rd of this planets population.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefiasm View Post
    erm... We (UK) abstained and would have voted yes if we had received some conditions but we didn't so we abstained that doesn't equate to a no... -.-
    Well to be honest, it was more like a "saving face no".

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 09:03 PM ----------

And out of these 15 that matter, the majority voted for Palastine to be recognised. So, what exactly are you trying to say? or are you afraid to admit that the US and apparently your opinion too isn't popular in the international stage?

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 09:05 PM ----------

The wishes of the public here (as far as I know) was to vote yes, voting no would probably result in some sort of backlash at the current conservative party which is why they choose the middle ground.

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 09:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    You contradict yourself.
    It is Didactic being his normal self.

Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    Well to be honest, it was more like a "saving face no".

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 09:03 PM ----------

And out of these 15 that matter, the majority voted for Palastine to be recognised. So, what exactly are you trying to say? or are you afraid to admit that the US and apparently your opinion too isn't popular in the international stage?

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 09:05 PM ----------

The wishes of the public here (as far as I know) was to vote yes, voting no would probably result in some sort of backlash at the current conservative party which is why they choose the middle ground.

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 09:06 PM ----------

It is Didactic being his normal self.

I see. As far as I can tell Americans don't care either way, and only vaguely support Israel. Only Washington cares about serving all of Israel's interest, and the neoconservative minority

Well to be fair here I don't give a flying crap either what for instance the African continent has to say on that matter. Frankly on any matter thinking a second about it.