Thread: Boomkin help

Boomkin help

In our 10 main raid team we have a boomkin who is fairly new to the game - only started with a RaF at the end of cata. I'm feeling like he's lacking a bit in the dps department, and would appreciate someone looking over him to see what he might be doing wrong.

Armory
    Last week's MV Logs

Also our best Vizier attempt, which i feel like he was holding us back there, only pulling 35k ish, is this normal on Vizier?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated

He's using Incarnation and CA combo wrong. Only getting benefit from half of the Incarnation, and not getting the bonus Starfalls.

pop your Inc+NV at the start of a lunar eclipse, then CA when you run out of lunar energy. this give you a full 30secs of being in an eclipse state, and getting the bonus from Inc.

Mirror Image during combat is a dps loss. The only thing they're good for is dropping threat, which i doubt is a problem.

Shouldn't have to cast Innervate.. that's a lost global.

No potions that i can see. Not uncommon in less hardcore raids, but they're cheap and easy dps.

Thanks for the reply, I'll pass it on. Are his reforges looking OK?

Deleted
    At his ilvl he should reforge/gem to full crit. Haste cap is good only when you don`t need to sacrifice too much crit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazgot View Post
    At his ilvl he should reforge/gem to full crit. Haste cap is good only when you don`t need to sacrifice too much crit.
    This is all completely situational and depends on the boss you're against.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

10+ Year Old Account
    Have your boomkin start off the fight doing this, it will do some insane burst, even at his gear level. Make sure he reads up on his cooldowns to make sure he knows how they work properly it will go a long way. I'm a big advocate for crit at lower gear levels, I only went for the 52xx haste breakpoint once i was about 480-482ilvl and I felt like crit was better till I could maintain a decent amount of it and hit the breakpoint.
    Astral Communion allows you to choose which eclipse state you want to start the fight in. We believe that it is better to start the fight within 1 Wrath of Eclipse (Lunar). You should then follow this opening sequence:

Cast Starfall.
    Cast Wrath.
    Cast Incarnation: Chosen of Elune and Nature's Vigil.
    Apply Moonfire and Sunfire.
    Cast Starfall as soon as the previous Starfall runs out (its cooldown will have been reset by entering Eclipse (Lunar)).
    Spam Starfire until you reach exit Eclipse (Lunar).
    Cast Celestial Alignment.
    Apply one of your DoTs (thanks to Celestial Alignment, the other will automatically be applied).
    Cast Starfall as soon as the previous Starfall runs out (its cooldown will have been reset by Celestial Alignment).
    Spam Starfire.
    Re-apply both DoTs before Celestial Alignment ends (so that they benefit from the damage buff).
    Last edited by Pasta Assassin; 2012-11-28 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Whoops, copy pasted and didnt proof read, my bad guys

15+ Year Old Account
    Can you fix the post to remove the "Icon"s?
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Quote Originally Posted by Pasta Assassin View Post
    Have your boomkin start off the fight doing this, it will do some insane burst, even at his gear level. Make sure he reads up on his cooldowns to make sure he knows how they work properly it will go a long way. I'm a big advocate for crit at lower gear levels, I only went for the 52xx haste breakpoint once i was about 480-482ilvl and I felt like crit was better till I could maintain a decent amount of it and hit the breakpoint.
    Astral Communion allows you to choose which eclipse state you want to start the fight in. We believe that it is better to start the fight within 1 Wrath of Eclipse (Lunar). You should then follow this opening sequence:

Cast Starfall.
    Cast Wrath.
    Cast Incarnation: Chosen of Elune and Nature's Vigil.
    Apply Moonfire and Sunfire.
    Cast Starfall as soon as the previous Starfall runs out (its cooldown will have been reset by entering Eclipse (Lunar)).
    Spam Starfire until you reach exit Eclipse (Lunar).
    Cast Celestial Alignment.
    Apply one of your DoTs (thanks to Celestial Alignment, the other will automatically be applied).
    Cast Starfall as soon as the previous Starfall runs out (its cooldown will have been reset by Celestial Alignment).
    Spam Starfire.
    Re-apply both DoTs before Celestial Alignment ends (so that they benefit from the damage buff).
    Kinda goes without saying, but in case the druid in question doesn't realise, 'spam starfire' also includes starsurge, whenever it's up

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    Kinda goes without saying, but in case the druid in question doesn't realise, 'spam starfire' also includes starsurge, whenever it's up
    Yea, starsurge should always be top priority to cast unless I am mistaken.

If the guy is that new, did someone explain addons to him? It's a lot easier to play if you can track important buffs/debuffs with one of the many Power Auras or Need to know style addons.