1. #1

    Is it to late to reroll?

    Well my guild broke up. So I'm left looking for a new one. I've been having second thoughts on playing my Holy Paladin still. I've finally decided today to call it quits, either completely with WoW or just the Paladin. My concern is rerolling if I do decide to do that. Is it to late? I was thinking Warlock but I haven't decided yet.

  2. #2
    Not really, but your def behind, i got my monk 90 3 weeks ago and im at 481 IL atm, Of course it has to do with alot of luck from lfr/dungeon drops, but if you put enough effort in with craftables and what not shouldnt be a problem.

  3. #3
    Epic! Detheavn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The Nether .... lands
    Posts
    1,579
    If you can really set your mind to it, it's never too late to reroll

  4. #4
    My main concern is joining a higher end guild. Most of them expect you to be pretty much exalted with all reputations by now. Being 8 weeks behind, well that's impossible. The gear for the most part won't be a big deal, I'll farm all that, and make some of it. It will definitely take some time though. By then most guilds on my server will by 18/18 H, sadly.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 10:00 AM ----------

    Oh another thing is that my Warlock is 61. lol

  5. #5
    did u try ret or prot first that way you still got the rep with the factions and just need a gear change instead of another rep farm and level up
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    What the fuck did you just say.

  6. #6
    It's never too late to reroll, but keep in mind that you'll have to do all the max-level grinding again as reps aren't account wide; on the positive side leveling is extremely fast now. As Viglante suggested try ret and prot before switching to an entirely new class (I played my paladin as Holy in WotLK and some of Cata, but switched him to Ret at the beginning of MoP and loving it).

    As far as classes go I'd suggest:
    1. Druid. Get it to 15 then do a dungeon as each of the 4 specs to try out the 4 roles.
    2. Warlock or Hunter, to try out a pet class.
    Last edited by TobiasX; 2012-11-28 at 12:32 PM.

    Doomhammer EU

  7. #7
    Brewmaster Nigeldruid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,291
    Rerolling now is as hard as it's been for a while, due to gear upgrading. Especially in PvP.
    Nothing worth having comes easy. That's why hard content is worth doing, and easy content is a waste of time.

  8. #8
    Herald of the Titans Seriss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    EU-Garrosh
    Posts
    2,828
    Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    2. Warlock or Hunter, to try out a pet class.

    Warlock isn't necessarily a pet class *sacrifices pesky annoying demon*

    It's never too late to reroll. It's never too late to find fun again if your old class just doesn't feel right anymore. Affliction warlock plays really smoothly, btw. I haven't tried the other specs as it's just a low priority alt of mine, but warlocks are a bit on the OP side these days from what I see on our main raid warlock who does amazing things with that class. Redesigning warlocks was really necessary for MoP and it seems to have been a successful task.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    Warlock isn't necessarily a pet class *sacrifices pesky annoying demon*

    It's never too late to reroll. It's never too late to find fun again if your old class just doesn't feel right anymore. Affliction warlock plays really smoothly, btw. I haven't tried the other specs as it's just a low priority alt of mine, but warlocks are a bit on the OP side these days from what I see on our main raid warlock who does amazing things with that class. Redesigning warlocks was really necessary for MoP and it seems to have been a successful task.
    Pfft. You're a pet class up to level 75 :P

    Doomhammer EU

  10. #10
    Well, my rogue hit 90 2 weeks ago and he's already 479 item level and cleared MGV and will prolly be 3/6 HoF through purely pugs, he's gonna join a real raiding guild after this week.

    Lfr + pvp = super fast item levels.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by ExLancer View Post
    Well my guild broke up. So I'm left looking for a new one. I've been having second thoughts on playing my Holy Paladin still. I've finally decided today to call it quits, either completely with WoW or just the Paladin. My concern is rerolling if I do decide to do that. Is it to late? I was thinking Warlock but I haven't decided yet.
    Not really, my guild broke up, app'd to a new one but they didn't need any Hunters so going to play my Warrior with them, the item upgrade system helps a lot to since it allows you to upgrade pieces from 5man heroics with JPs. Good catching up mechanic.

  12. #12
    I rerolled about 10 times in WoLK and Cata, and I managed to return to being competitive in a couple weeks each time.

    Never too late to reroll!

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 02:43 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Not really, my guild broke up, app'd to a new one but they didn't need any Hunters so going to play my Warrior with them, the item upgrade system helps a lot to since it allows you to upgrade pieces from 5man heroics with JPs. Good catching up mechanic.
    It's also a mechanic that helps make the "catch up" stretch longer.
    I'm not a native English speaker, and yet, I don't suck at English. The argument "English is not my mother tongue" doesn't actually give you an excuse to do so.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    I rerolled about 10 times in WoLK and Cata, and I managed to return to being competitive in a couple weeks each time.

    Never too late to reroll!

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 02:43 PM ----------



    It's also a mechanic that helps make the "catch up" stretch longer.
    Well, i mailed Blizzard asking them to send a full set of 489s to my alts whenever they ding 90, but they said that wouldn't make the game very interesting. Go figure.

  14. #14
    The game is what you make it. These raids will be around... forever. You can roll one of everything, hit 90, do dailies, gear to 503 in raids, and still make a sammich all before the next expac. The game is whatever you make... so make it a good one!

    Personally, I just deleted (permanently) my 86 rogue and rolled a Prot Pally. I already have the Druid, that will go resto once the pally is 90. Then for my final toon, a hunter. Then I will have the Prot/Ret Pally, Resto/Moon druid, and BM / Surv Hunter. With one of each type of raid class, my collection will be complete. The druid will forever be my main, but like I said, the game is whatever you make it.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post
    Well, my rogue hit 90 2 weeks ago and he's already 479 item level and cleared MGV and will prolly be 3/6 HoF through purely pugs, he's gonna join a real raiding guild after this week.

    Lfr + pvp = super fast item levels.

    That alllllll depends on your luck in LFR. I've ran all the raids, all the way through for the past few weeks and have ONLY gotten 2 pieces... Gao Rai Agil staff and some boots and thats it. I've gotten bag after bag after bag. Its a little disheartening getting jack shit for so many raids.

  16. #16
    Brewmaster dryankem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    London, ON, Canada
    Posts
    1,359
    It's not too late to re-roll. Just pick the one faction that drops BIS items and ignore the rest. With some hardcore playing you could likely be leveled (from scratch) in about 2-3 weeks, there will be plenty of guilds that are in various stages of progression that you could join. Even get in a guild that does ALT runs and work your way up to the main roster.

  17. #17
    I just came back to playing and it took me 2 weeks to level 1-90 on a monk. From there it took me 2 days to get fully heroic geared.

    Also, most guilds worth joining will look at you as a player, not you as a gear score. Gear is easy to get, competent players are not.

  18. #18
    The Lightbringer Ciddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,992
    It's never too late to reroll.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

  19. #19
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    18,576
    It is never too late....
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  20. #20
    Griever you just left us without saying anything. D: Well anyways. I'll have to try. Not sure if I still have the desire or strive to push that far. Hopefully I do, because I do love this game.
    Last edited by ExLancer; 2012-11-28 at 05:15 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •