Thread: Dilemma

Deleted

Dilemma

So, I have a bit of a computer problem. Yesterday I was heading out and I can't remember if I shut down my computer or whether it shut itself off, but what I do know is I tried turning it on today and my computer will not even start up :/ I've switched plug sockets the lot.

What's usually the problem if the computer won't even start up? I've had a brand new motherboard and CPU fitted past 6 months and gfx card less than 2 years :/

Any help? Thanks

Pull out the power plug and keep it disconnected for up to 5 minutes. Your power supply may have had an automatic fuse that needs resetting.

Would be nice with some more information about what happens when you try to start up:
    Do you have any motherboard lights when it's "off" that you used to have?
    Does fan start spinning when you push the power button?
    Do you hear any noises beyond fans if they start spinning?

If you're getting no fan spinup or sounds, but have passive lights on the motherboard, try checking the wiring to the power button.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaltione View Post
    Pull out the power plug and keep it disconnected for up to 5 minutes. Your power supply may have had an automatic fuse that needs resetting.

Would be nice with some more information about what happens when you try to start up:
    Do you have any motherboard lights when it's "off" that you used to have?
    Does fan start spinning when you push the power button?
    Do you hear any noises beyond fans if they start spinning?

If you're getting no fan spinup or sounds, but have passive lights on the motherboard, try checking the wiring to the power button.
    I unplugged the comp, changed fuse but the fuse in my comp plug worked in the kettle so it wasn't that. However I moved the comp into the hallway and it worked in that plug socket so then I was like that's weird :s so I moved it back to my room and it wouldn't boot up again, but after some time it did, and then it didn't again. So then I saw your forum post unplugged the lead for 5 mins and it powered up and has been running for hours now. Howevber I just shut down my computer and tried turning it on - NOTHING. Then I pressed the button again and it sounded like an engine starting up - it was as if there was not enough power but then it reached an amount and it kick started and worked :s wtf is that?

as for mobo lights I don't know I can't see in the comp, no fans were starting at all though, no noises - it was as if no power was getting to it at all, untill that time I just mentioned when it sounded like a cars ignition trying to start the car and it just getting there.

Whats the problem?! leaving my comp on overnight cause I'm scared haha

---------- Post added 2012-11-29 at 07:39 AM ----------

No one has any idea judging from the above?

---------- Post added 2012-11-29 at 12:48 PM ----------

Any help would really be appreciated!