5.1 Steady Shot/Auto Shot

Hi.

I play Iyüi on Drak'Thul, a lvl 20 Starter Edition bm hunter.

I love the ability to run while using Steady Shot. However, I have a problem. Right now, Steady Shot is triggering Auto Shot as soon as I use it. I can't have this. I can't seem to be able to toggle auto shot off for Steady Shot; a shot always gets fired when I start Steady Shot or during Steady Shot's cast time. This means that if I use it at a lone target I intend to burst, and need the focus to do it, as soon as they get out of CC that breaks on damage, the CC will break on damage 2 seconds early from auto shot, and the target gets 2 free seconds.

Does anyone know of a solution I can macro into Steady Shot that would make sure nothing fires at my target until the end of the cast? I did not have this problem at all in 5.0.5, and had separate key combinations for SS with AS and SS without AS, but both are functionally the same right now.

this lame bug is back now ug >.< no clue how to avoid it
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

I'm no expert at macros but I know this will stop your auto-attack and begin casting Steady Shot.

#showtooltip Steady Shot
    /stopattack
    /cast Steady Shot

Quote Originally Posted by snegro View Post
    #showtooltip Steady Shot
    /stopattack
    /cast Steady Shot
    This is the reply I was afraid of, as it's exactly what I thought should work, too. It doesn't work, I still get an auto shot off immediately at the start of casting Steady Shot.

Quote Originally Posted by roflwaffle View Post
    this lame bug is back now ug >.< no clue how to avoid it
    It's at least a little reassuring that I'm not the only one that thinks this is an unintentional bug, and that it's happened and been fixed before. How long do you think we'll have to put up with it?

Change the macro and put /stopattack AFTER the cast, else it won't really be doing much. Even then, depending how "instantly after" we are talking, it might not work at all. If it is literally as you press Steady Shot you cast Auto Shot, it probably won't. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Change the macro and put /stopattack AFTER the cast
    WORKS

thank you so much!

Glad I could help, enjoy lining up your burst.

Also, anyone else noticed that now the cobra/steady shot can't be stopped. So, as an example if you are on the Spirit Kings and are assigned in your raid team to interrupt the boss you won't be able to stop your cobra/steady midstream. Furthermore, if you were spamming cobra/steady to get some focus back there is a good chance you will be locked out for 1.89 secs x 2 before you can use any other shot. Anyone know a way to cancel this w/o unnecessary macros?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skylerwolf View Post
    Also, anyone else noticed that now the cobra/steady shot can't be stopped. So, as an example if you are on the Spirit Kings and are assigned in your raid team to interrupt the boss you won't be able to stop your cobra/steady midstream. Furthermore, if you were spamming cobra/steady to get some focus back there is a good chance you will be locked out for 1.89 secs x 2 before you can use any other shot. Anyone know a way to cancel this w/o unnecessary macros?
    just hit "esc" during the cast...
    or create macro with /stopcasting

It is usefull to add stopcasting to your interrupt or killshot spell.

Deleted
    Use Esc or /stopcasting macro.

Just from an other thread make sure you put 2 /stopcasting one after the other or it will not work

It literally needs to be like this?

/stopcasting
    /stopcastng
    /cast Kill Shot

May I ask why? Just wondering, I dont understand it...
    Thanks

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    #showtooltip Silence Shot
    /stopcasting
    /cast Silence Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Deepfriedegg View Post
    It literally needs to be like this?

/stopcasting
    /stopcastng
    /cast Kill Shot

May I ask why? Just wondering, I dont understand it...
    Thanks
    It appears to be a bug. From what I can tell (and I'm going to test this more later tonight to confirm) the first /stopcasting turns of your autoshot, but doesn't cancel the steady or cobra cast. Highly annoying, but until they fix it, it's the only thing that works. Autoshot shouldn't be acting like an active cast for / command purposes, and it certainly didn't in the past.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

Submitted bug report

Quote Originally Posted by Cyph3r View Post
    It appears to be a bug. From what I can tell (and I'm going to test this more later tonight to confirm) the first /stopcasting turns of your autoshot, but doesn't cancel the steady or cobra cast. Highly annoying, but until they fix it, it's the only thing that works. Autoshot shouldn't be acting like an active cast for / command purposes, and it certainly didn't in the past.
    I can confirm that the double "/stopcasting" command does work for the macros. I also submitted a bug report to Blizz, as I'm sure others have done, to let them know about the issue so they can hotfix it.

Yep, and I just double checked the behavior to understand why, and it is indeed because the first /stopcasting turns off autoshot. It's been suggested that this is intentional, but I'm not sure I buy that. I seem to recall using /stopcasting macros in the past without having to double it up. Honestly, I'm willing to bet it was due to some sort of consolidation on the backend code for ranged attacks, regarding wands. Probably an oversight, but an annoying consequence none the less.

It bugs me because I have Kill Command set to interrupt, but I also have to have a /stopattack and /startattack at the beginning and end just to keep my auto shot swing timer going uninterrupted. I mean, it works, but it shouldn't be so complicated. I mean, autoshot isn't a spell, /stopcasting really shouldn't effect it.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

Doesn't the line "/stopcasting cobra shot" work?

It doesn't take any arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyph3r View Post
    Thanks for helpful explanation