10+ Year Old Account

Marijuana has opened my eyes.

My parents raised me and my sis a little differently, we would always eat meal at a table together, never in front of TV. My mom would constantly put books in our hands, read Harry potter when it came out as a 3rd grader. I did Boy Scouts, played some sports. Anyways I started playing WoW my freshman year in high school, watched 0-none TV. Didn't do school dances, didn't party/drink/smoke until I was a senior, didn't smoke till I was 18-19 (20 now). Anyways I guess you could say I was a loner/more antisocial type. Now my little sister(just 15) is the opposite, many friends, social, doesn't touch games, but one thing I noticed is instead of a computer monitor in front of her she's got a TV with all the reality shows going. When I smoke my mind starts racing, constantly thinking of problems near me and even my own and how to resolve them, it brings me really down to earth, I love nature, music, food. None of this reality TV "perfect" person bullshit. The more I see these shows and pretty much everything on TV I start to realize this. Everyone has a TV, Black Friday and huge TVs are half off. I swear people are almost mind controlled by it. My sister has been very depressed lately and is a complete bitch to my parents and I see her and just can't help but break down because I know she is living a lie. She has no interest in books/nature/animals like she used to. And I know this is part of her just getting into high school but just the rap music/TV/magazines they all see hear and talk about everyday at school is just media/fake/opinion bullshit. I have been listening to a lot of Kendrick lamar lately and he seems to have this figured out as well, it's his main message in his music.

Maybe I'm just crazy.

-oh and I haven't played wow for about 6 months and don't plan on returning in the near future. The game died with cata. Also I have cut way back on smoking, down to about once a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Daalton View Post
    My parents raised me and my sis a little differently, we would always eat meal at a table together, never in front of TV. My mom would constantly put books in our hands, read Harry potter when it came out as a 3rd grader. I did Boy Scouts, played some sports. Anyways I started playing WoW my freshman year in high school, watched 0-none TV. Didn't do school dances, didn't party/drink/smoke until I was a senior, didn't smoke till I was 18-19 (20 now). Anyways I guess you could say I was a loner/more antisocial type. Now my little sister(just 15) is the opposite, many friends, social, doesn't touch games, but one thing I noticed is instead of a computer monitor in front of her she's got a TV with all the reality shows going. When I smoke my mind starts racing, constantly thinking of problems near me and even my own and how to resolve them, it brings me really down to earth, I love nature, music, food. None of this reality TV "perfect" person bullshit. The more I see these shows and pretty much everything on TV I start to realize this. Everyone has a TV, Black Friday and huge TVs are half off. I swear people are almost mind controlled by it. My sister has been very depressed lately and is a complete bitch to my parents and I see her and just can't help but break down because I know she is living a lie. She has no interest in books/nature/animals like she used to. And I know this is part of her just getting into high school but just the rap music/TV/magazines they all see hear and talk about everyday at school is just media/fake/opinion bullshit. I have been listening to a lot of Kendrick lamar lately and he seems to have this figured out as well, it's his main message in his music.

Maybe I'm just crazy.

-oh and I haven't played wow for about 6 months and don't plan on returning in the near future. The game died with cata. Also I have cut way back on smoking, down to about once a month.
    You are not crazy , you are just high while writing this .

Deleted
    Many kids are depressed when they begin high school, like you said. It's a new enviroment, new people and new trends. All you can do is be there for her. Let her watch all that "mainstream" stuff, you can't just make her do the stuff you think is good for her.

10+ Year Old Account
    I smoke occationally as well. Unlike you though, my mind isn't expanded to the same degree. Sure, sometimes it will, but often times it will just get me into this "numb" state, where I dont feel - and I like that.

I guess it depends on what kind of person you are. Personally, I "feel" a lot, so to speak, and weed numbs that down for me. Maybe it has the opposite effect on you.

Deleted
    I don't really see a possibility for any discussion here. Discussing illegal activity is against the rules, and weed is illegal in most countries. We have certain threads in the Fun Stuff forum where you're free to let out all your thoughts, as long as they abide our rules of course.