Confused about SimCraft, Reforging and Haste

I know there have been a plethora of threads about this, but my pea brain can't seem to figure out how to apply this in practice so hopefully someone can illuminate this for me. I've recently decided to play around with reforging to see if I can squeeze some more non-hit capped dps out (I was previously aiming for hitcap.) After a few twiddles a strange thing happened and SimCraft started telling me that I should be going for more haste over Mastery. I know that haste is a tricky thing and I'm not near any of the thresholds. So could someone please explain to me if/how Simcraft is blowing smoke up my nose?

Here's my armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...wdizzle/simple

My current Simcraft scale factors are
    Hit: 1.53; Crit: 1.25; Haste: 2.11; Mastery: 1.89

I currently have 5,729 haste and 5,098 mastery.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Right there with you, I have tried CimCrafting mine but I am unsure of what I am seeing, specifically how to read what it is telling me wether it is saying I have say more haste than mastery or if it is saying I need to forge more into it, the guides do little to help me, and I am just trying to understand what it is telling me.

I wouldve thought the value of haste decreased as you just passed a haste plateu. This is why i dont sim anything. Even if it values haste the highest, at which point should we stop stacking it? It doesnt say anything about that.

I thought i had SimC figured out.
    e.g "The value of haste will be higher than mastery until you reach a haste plateu, after that mastery will become more valuable". But in your case it keeps going.

But with all the different values it gives its just too much confusion and uncertainty to be worth the hassle. I go for one of the haste plateus and put rest into mastery. Been doing more damage than most equal geared locks i've met.

Quote Originally Posted by Aianos View Post
    I wouldve thought the value of haste decreased as you just passed a haste plateu. This is why i dont sim anything. Even if it values haste the highest, at which point should we stop stacking it? It doesnt say anything about that.

I thought i had SimC figured out.
    e.g "The value of haste will be higher than mastery until you reach a haste plateu, after that mastery will become more valuable". But in your case it keeps going.

But with all the different values it gives its just too much confusion and uncertainty to be worth the hassle. I go for one of the haste plateus and put rest into mastery. Been doing more damage than most equal geared locks i've met.
    The marginal dps value of haste decreases after reaching a "haste plateau", but that doesn't mean it will be overtaken by any other stat. It often is, but that's no necessity. If it's relative weight is still greater than that of eg. mastery, then you should continue to get haste. It all depends on your current gear, trinket choise, fight style, amount of stats ( maybe he already has a lot of mastery, so it's marginal value is diminished so greatly that it is still below haste after the threshold? ), etc.

Just going with gut feeling and highly simplified logic > very detailed simulator is of course a option you can take, but which I wouldn't.

To determine at which point to stop going for haste and instead go for mastery ( if the scale factors for haste and mastery are more or less equal ), you should start using plots and/or reforge plots.

Deleted
    haste is only valued highest when one of 2 this happen. the first thing is that your ilvl is too low which generally is about 480 ilvl, anything below this generally makes haste the superior stat. and the 2nd one happens when you're getting close to a haste breakpoint as when this happens the value of haste overtakes that of mastery.

based on the stats you have provided with us, you're closer to the next haste breakpoint than you are to the previous one which is most likely why you're getting the results that you're getting, ill suggest you reforge around 1000 of your haste(to get around 4717) into mastery and then run a simcraft again and im 99% sure you will see the value of haste and mastery switch places.