Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinho View Post
    I'd rather live a peaceful life.
    Then my friend, you've chosen the wrong planet.
    Humanity won't change. People WILL keep killing people.

Personally, I would rather stay alive. This is not a PC game, you have one life. I won't allow anyone to shorten it even by a minute, it's my life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiped View Post
    Then my friend, you've chosen the wrong planet.
    Humanity won't change. People WILL keep killing people.

Personally, I would rather stay alive. This is not a PC game, you have one life. I won't allow anyone to shorten it even by a minute, it's my life.
    And I have to admit this theory is working real fine up there.
    /sarcasm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Your status in Tae Kwon Do isn't going to help when you're being mugged by a guy with a Glock.
    So be it, then I get mugged. I'd rather get mugged then get shot trying to pull a gun and or killing someone, regardless of who they were.

So you're saying you would peacefully let someone burglarize your home? What if they came for your mom or your sister or your wife?
    I don't know about you, but I'd call the police without taking drastic situations into my own hands.

Also I live in Canada, things like that rarely if ever happen here at all.... and if I have to get a gun because I'm worried that I'm statistically going to be the 0.0000001% (1 / 10 Million) that that scenario happens to, then ROFL.
    "The Maw's thirst is unquenchable. If it is not fed fresh victims, it will not hesitate to drink from its wielder instead."

Keep rocking America, you're going places. edit: Cant belive the general public still dosen't want a change soon.

And I lol'd...gun ethusiast, rofl - I'll renember that wording.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

that is not what he is saying, PizzaShark. I dont understand where this place is where people have burglars in their house every year/month/week/day and therefore need to protect themselves all the time. It sure isn't the America where I lived. And no, there being a chance of someday maybe being robbed/burglar'd really is not a reason to have guns for protection.

Also, do people not think that having a gun present can act as a trigger to do stupid things - like shooting something or someone? This "guns don't kill people"- stuff is just weird...

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know about you, but I'd call the police without taking drastic situations into my own hands.
    Cool, your sister's been getting raped for 4 minutes while the police were driving over. Disaster averted!

---------- Post added 2012-11-29 at 02:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by guff View Post
    that is not what he is saying, PizzaShark. I dont understand where this place is where people have burglars in their house every year/month/week/day and therefore need to protect themselves all the time. It sure isn't the America where I lived. And no, there being a chance of someday maybe being robbed/burglar'd really is not a reason to have guns for protection.
    It isn't? So you're betting your safety and the safety of the rest of your household? Sure, the odds are in your favor, but it's still a bet and not a sure thing.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Yeah. That makes sense statistically.

---------- Post added 2012-11-29 at 07:59 AM ----------

RETARDED FOR PLAYING LOUD MUSIC?!
    Are you like, COMETELY NUTCASE?
    That's what wrong with today's kids. No respect for anyone.

If you would stop for a minute between putting on your younger sister's pants and piercing anus - and THINK, then maybe it would occur to you that when I go out to the park it is not to listen to your piece of sh!t melody, but to enjoy what's left of the nature. People like you don't give a flying sh!t about anyone, you don't think how you actions affect other. Nope. You just do whatever you want without caring and than act surprised if someone wants to blow your brains out.

10+ Year Old Account
    PizzaSHARK you're a prime example of someone who's been brainwashed to believe that your house is a target for crime, you and your family are constantly in danger, and you need to DUKE NUKEM on all bad guy's asses to stay "safe" LOL

---------- Post added 2012-11-29 at 03:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by guff View Post
    Exactly ^^^
    "The Maw's thirst is unquenchable. If it is not fed fresh victims, it will not hesitate to drink from its wielder instead."

Quote Originally Posted by Vuljatar View Post
    If an invading army was to thoroughly carpet-bomb every major population in the country (which seems to be what you are implying, but correct me if I'm wrong), they'd likely lose as much or more support than if they had used nukes. When your primary goal is civilian casualties, you're talking genocide.
    The moment you take up arms against any military force, you stop becoming a civilian. I am posting under the assumption, loosely based on your '1,000,000 armed civilians' post and ran with it, assuming, eh, let's say 80% of the population has access to weaponry and is using it to fight back. The outcome you seem to be expecting, and seems to be a optimistic one, is that the Armed Forces of the Theoretical Collective becomes bogged down and pushed back ala Stalingrad.

Which on further reflection, seems to be a more realistic one. What I'm thinking, is that the state of the world is in such a dire state that war has actually came to the shore's of the U.S, the AFTC may not give much of a damn about the Geneva Convention or anything else. I'll admit, it's a pretty far less optimistic vision than yours. I think that the next all-out war in this modern time will once more, redefine warfare in a horrid way.

Quote Originally Posted by Vuljatar View Post
    And yes, I do take issue with you characterizing gun-owners as "rednecks" "dumbasses" "half-ass podunk [egomaniacs]" and gleefully insisting that if a war broke out we'd all die horribly--in a tone that implies you think we deserve death for having the gall to stand up for ourselves. Those sort of things do not contribute to a reasonable discussion. I try not to take it personally and I do accept your apology.
    Fair enough. I was being a bit unreasonable and painting with an extra-wide brush. It comes from being a five year veteran of fighting Facebook battles with relatives posting the dumbest shit that would make even Charlton Heston ask 'wtf is wrong with you?' I know several people that own guns for good reason. Female friends who want to protect themselves, they don't feel safe where they live, etc., perfectly reasonable. My understanding has a rather short leash however, when I see people with row's upon row's of assault weapons, rocket launchers, mines, extended magazines. You can generally get a pass if you say, 'Oh', I'm just a gun collector,' but don't say you need a bunker full of assault weapons to fight off the homeless bum who's confused where he was and was bumping around in your trash barrels.

The apology also wasn't sarcasm.

Because I'm Canadian, and we don't hate or fear every single one of our neighbours.

When I think of self-defense I think of Martial Arts.
    Do you honestly believe that U.S. citizens hate or fear every single one of their neighbors, or are you just saying that to be rude?

Canada is a very different country than the United States in a great many ways. I'm not arrogant enough to think that what is best for my country would be best for all countries, and if you are more comfortable in a country with much stricter gun laws and a much dimmer view of self-defense, then I am happy for you that you live there.

Defending yourself with martial arts--even against someone who only has a knife--is not nearly as effective as defending yourself with a gun, and will put you unnecessarily in danger. Even the best martial artist in the world can make a fatal mistake against a knife-wielding assailant. I would much rather fire 3-5 shots at the attacker's center of mass and be done with it. No, I do not care that I am more likely to kill my attacker with a gun than I am with martial arts--why should I? I didn't cause the altercation, and I am going to do everything in my power to end it without allowing harm to come to myself.

In my humble opinion, I think that if you feel the need to own a gun to protect yourself, you've been driven by your government's & media's fear tactics and have been successfully brainwashed.
    I'm a Libertarian, buddy, if there's two sources I don't listen to it's the government and the media.

Criminals in the United States have guns. This is a fact that no amount of draconian gun control laws will ever be able to change. And if defending yourself against a knife-wielding attacker with martial arts is extremely dangerous, defending yourself that way against a gun-wielding attacker is borderline suicidal. So the question is, should the everyday law-abiding civilian be powerless against the criminals, or should they have the right and the ability to defend themselves when necessary? I believe they should, and that is why I support the second amendment and the castle doctrine.

bored americans....
    no wonder you guys go crazy and shoot freely in your streets or movie theatres - its the boredom.

there are thousand killed every day in syria yet no one cares or make a 24 page thread about it.
    just like the usless UN , took it 2 years to ...condemn assad?

Hmm

Quote Originally Posted by Applenazi View Post
    Why is the tool used to kill the kid more important than the reason he was killed? His music was too loud, we need music volume control - or we can just cut right to the end of that road and ban music.

Music kills children, this is the proof.

This game is fun
    It wasn't music that killed children. It was the fact that they left their home! People leaving their home kills other people! Martial Law should be enacted 24/7. The only way you can leave your home is under the supervision of an armed police officer. With this law we would see less deaths. And why were at it lets just give up all of our rights. Seems as though the 17 year old and his friends bit off more than they could chew. Other cock assed arrogant 17 year olds should read this and realize that their shit stinks just like everyone elses and in the large ocean that is our society they aren't the big sharks they think they are but indeed the smallest of fish.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiped View Post
    That's what wrong with today's kids. No respect for anyone.

If you would stop for a minute between putting on your younger sister's pants and piercing anus - and THINK, then maybe it would occur to you that when I go out to the park it is not to listen to your piece of sh!t melody, but to enjoy what's left of the nature. People like you don't give a flying sh!t about anyone, you don't think how you actions affect other. Nope. You just do whatever you want without caring and than act surprised if someone wants to blow your brains out.
    Are you being serious?
    Are you implying that that 17 YEARS OLD boy needed to be shot for listening to loud music in a Parking lot?
    Or hold on. Nevermind being shot, that he had to be fined even?
    Are you implying he was in the wrong side for listening to loud music?
    You said it's a win win situation cause a retarded died. The retarded being the 17 years old guy.
    At this stage it's one of three options
    You're 12 and you don't know how things work.
    You lived such a miserable life that you have never felt the need to raise the volume to the max when listening to a particular song.
    You don't think with a mind of your own but you follow the guidelines of your "group" making you not a good member of our society, and also making you look ridiculous trying to justify the unjustifiable.

10+ Year Old Account
    PizzaSHARK you're a prime example of someone who's been brainwashed to believe that your house is a target for crime, you and your family are constantly in danger, and you need to DUKE NUKEM on all bad guy's asses to stay "safe" LOL
    Let me know when you move out of your mom's house and have to deal with gang violence.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Let me know when you move out of your mom's house and have to deal with gang violence.
    Yeh outside of your own house gangs are lurkin waiting to prey on the unwary.

All honesty, Id be will to bet the idiot in the other car started acting big and bad because he had 3 friends in the car with him. In a 4v1, you bet your ass id feel threatened. Would I shoot them immediately? Fuck no, Id take an ass kicking. I have before. BUT, if even a single person in the car made any type of comment about shooting me, you bet your ass, id shoot first. Having said that, I wouldnt have fled the scene or the county.

Now that ive actually clicked the link.. I knew the kid would be black. I can almost guarantee the kid and his friends ran their mouths at the guy and one of those idiots made a comment about a gun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because I'm Canadian, and we don't hate or fear every single one of our neighbours.

When I think of self-defense I think of Martial Arts.

---------- Post added 2012-11-29 at 02:50 AM ----------

In my humble opinion, I think that if you feel the need to own a gun to protect yourself, you've been driven by your government's & media's fear tactics and have been successfully brainwashed.
    That cause its too cold.

prime example of that american brainwashing of paranoia and fear i keep hearing about.. better close your windows and bar up your
    house, your 1st world country is at boiling point.. they all out to get you ... shoot the shadows son.
    Last edited by Himora; 2012-11-29 at 08:40 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Are you being serious?
    Are you implying that that 17 YEARS OLD boy needed to be shot for listening to loud music in a Parking lot?
    Or hold on. Nevermind being shot, that he had to be fined even?
    Are you implying he was in the wrong side for listening to loud music?
    You said it's a win win situation cause a retarded died. The retarded being the 17 years old guy.
    At this stage it's one of three options
    You're 12 and you don't know how things work.
    You lived such a miserable life that you have never felt the need to raise the volume to the max when listening to a particular song.
    You don't think with a mind of your own but you follow the guidelines of your "group" making you not a good member of our society, and also making you look ridiculous trying to justify the unjustifiable.
    Now this is my mistake, I never should talk about adult things on forums - it leads to stupidity like your post. I'm going to pass on pointing out how bad your interpretation is and just focus on something you can hopefully understand.

I'm talking about lack of respect, I'm talking about not caring of how your actions affect other people and finally I'm talking about stupidity. You have to be stupid for turning up a music in public place or just very ignorant. Maybe I don't want to listen to your music? Did it ever occur to you? Why I must be FORCED to listen?

You want loud music? Go play it at home - OH WAIT, you can't, your mother forbid you.

You know what? I would love to ask in 10 years (right now you're 12?) how much you appreciate loud music of your neighbour when you just came home from 10 hour work shift and just want to rest and sleep in piece. Yeah, I bet you will love it. You will love it so much that you'll even let him fuck your own wife, right? I mean come on! It's a music and it's loud! You gotta love that neighbour.

Same thing with public places. This means it's a shared space. SHARED. That means you can't just do whatever the fuck you want, you have to mind other. Imagine if everyone would just turn up their music. How fucking fun that would have to be...

Infracted.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2012-11-29 at 12:54 PM.

When seconds count, the police are only minutes away. I have personally never had to call the police in my life, but the one time I remember someone in my household calling them for an emergency (my dad, when I was about 10 iirc) it took about 20 minutes for the first car to arrive. (That was in a suburb in a medium-sized town, for the record) Yes, call them. By all means. But in the meantime you need to have the right and the ability to defend yourself.

Your disrespectful tone really isn't contributing to this discussion.

I can't speak for PizzaSHARK, but the view I take is that my house is a potential target for crime, and that myself and my family may be endangered at any moment. I don't obsess about it, I don't walk out the door every day expecting to have to fight for my life--honestly, I fully expect to go through my entire life without having to use my gun in self-defense. But it could happen, and if it does happen I know that I will likely be solely responsible for saving my own life and possibly others as well.

I'm certainly not Duke Nukem. But the possibility exists that one day, for a few brief moments, I might have to be Han Solo.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    The moment you take up arms against any military force, you stop becoming a civilian. I am posting under the assumption, loosely based on your '1,000,000 armed civilians' post and ran with it, assuming, eh, let's say 80% of the population has access to weaponry and is using it to fight back. The outcome you seem to be expecting, and seems to be a optimistic one, is that the Armed Forces of the Theoretical Collective becomes bogged down and pushed back ala Stalingrad.

Which on further reflection, seems to be a more realistic one. What I'm thinking, is that the state of the world is in such a dire state that war has actually came to the shore's of the U.S, the AFTC may not give much of a damn about the Geneva Convention or anything else. I'll admit, it's a pretty far less optimistic vision than yours. I think that the next all-out war in this modern time will once more, redefine warfare in a horrid way.
    Meh. I've discovered that I actually am pretty optimistic about the future (uncharacteristically, since overall I'm strongly realistic and cynical), and I think the first-world countries are in for at least a couple centuries of more-or-less-peace. Or, unlikely but possible, a full-on nuclear holocaust.

About the armed civilians, the thing is that those 100,000,000-ish gun-owners are spread out across the country, mixed in with the rest of the populace. If you want to kill most of them with airstrikes, you'll have to wipe out most of the country's population in the process.

Fair enough. I was being a bit unreasonable and painting with an extra-wide brush. It comes from being a five year veteran of fighting Facebook battles with relatives posting the dumbest shit that would make even Charlton Heston ask 'wtf is wrong with you?' I know several people that own guns for good reason. Female friends who want to protect themselves, they don't feel safe where they live, etc., perfectly reasonable. My understanding has a rather short leash however, when I see people with row's upon row's of assault weapons, rocket launchers, mines, extended magazines. You can generally get a pass if you say, 'Oh', I'm just a gun collector,' but don't say you need a bunker full of assault weapons to fight off the homeless bum who's confused where he was and was bumping around in your trash barrels.

The apology also wasn't sarcasm.
    Yeah. There are nuts on both sides, believe me I know it. Hell, just yesterday I found myself arguing (on this very forum!) against the man who killed two people who broke into his house--possibly a first in my entire internet posting career. And you know what, there were plenty of people who defended his execution of a helpless teenage girl who he'd already shot 7 times.