Page 1 of 36
... LastLast
    Deleted

Gun Enthusiast kills 17 year old 'For playing loud music'

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-pol...-he-acted-very

Four unarmed teenagers were in an SUV near where Dunn parked. After Dunn’s girlfriend went into the store to buy a bottle of wine, Dunn made a comment to the teenagers about their music being too loud. An argument ensued, and then Dunn, a gun collector, pulled out his gun and fired at the SUV between eight to nine times. Two shots hit and killed 17-year-old Jordan Davis.
    When his girlfriend returned to the car, Dunn drove off, admitting to her that he “fired at these kids.”
    After hearing a news report that someone died in the shooting at their Jacksonville hotel, the couple returned to their home to Brevard County, Fla. Witnesses of the shooting took down Dunn’s license plate number, which, on Saturday, helped police find Dunn’s house, where he was then arrested.
    According to Schoonover, after his arrest, Dunn told Jacksonville detectives, “he felt threatened and that is the reason he took action.”
    Don't know if there is anything more to it, can't find any alternative news sources on the matter. Bit suspicious that he chose to flee the county upon hearing the news if he thought he was innocent.

Edit: Tossing this in for equal measure:

Jacksonville Attorney Gene Nichols, however, said that although Dunn will most likely make a “Stand Your Ground” defense based on his statements in court, it’s a tough case to make.

He said:

Mr. Dunn is going to have to answer the question, 'Why did you not call the sheriff's office? If you are reasonably protecting yourself, why did you leave the scene, get in the car, and the next day, flee the jurisdiction of Duval County?' … There's no indication that Jordan or anyone else in that car had a gun, there's no indication that they were any threat to Mr. Dunn.

God bless America with their brave and responsible gun owners who make America a safer place

Infracted.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2012-11-28 at 03:39 PM.

Gun Enthusiast
    lol.

Way to troll, AlterNet. Describing this random psychopath as a "Gun Enthusiast" is about as relevant as describing Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold as "Videogame Enthusiasts". Someone's trying to smear gun-owners.

This psycho isn't a gun enthusiast, he's a shooting people enthusiast.

Quote Originally Posted by Vuljatar View Post
    lol.

Way to troll, AlterNet. Describing this random psychopath as a "Gun Enthusiast" is about as relevant as describing Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold as "Videogame Enthusiasts". Someone's trying to smear gun-owners.

He used his guns to shoot him didnt he?

Its like "Knife collector stabs man to death"

lol.

I know right! They make it sound as if the gun was integral to the crime or something... I'm sure more would have died if he had not had a gun for sure.

It really is disgusting to see this. I don't know what possesses someone to think shooting at others is a good idea. Would like to see if any more information surfaces.

15+ Year Old Account
    Gosh really, I wonder how loud they were playing the music anyways, Also which kind.

On another note after reading so many of these people getting killed for the stupidest reason I can not help to begin to feel...dehumanized by them.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    junk journalism at its finest.

Someone's trying to smear gun-owners.
    Which needs to be done.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    Good old rednecks thinking they can get away with murder.

Gun enthusiast is a funny term, but if he didn't have a gun, Jordan Davis would still be alive.

lol.

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't think of attacking 4 people with a knife, or unarmed, because I wouldn't feel empowered enough. But hey, pro-guns gotta live in denial...

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Gil View Post
    God bless America with their brave and responsible gun owners who make America a safer place
    Arrest the ones who break the law.

Don't punish the ones who don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is precisely why I don't support gun ownership by "regular law-abiding citizens"; because everyone is a "regular law-abiding citizen" until they aren't.

It's not like violent psychopaths go around advertising it until they do something to demonstrate it. They don't wear ID tags or anything.
    I don't trust the average person enough to exercise the restraint required to actually own a firearm. If they get pissed off, the first thing they usually do is whip out their gun and start shooting.

I'm glad I live somewhere where things like this are not commonplace.

---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 03:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Arrest the ones who break the law.

Don't punish the ones who don't.
    Tell that to this kid's family. If the US had sensible gun laws, he wouldn't be dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    He used his guns to shoot him didnt he?

Its like "Knife collector stabs man to death"
    I have a couple katana in my room. I have yet to stab or cut anyone with one yet.

There's a massive difference between having weapons and intending to use said weapons to kill people.

That said, people like this guy have no business having access to guns.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenofreak View Post
    I have a couple katana in my room. I have yet to stab or cut anyone with one yet.

There's a massive difference between having weapons and intending to use said weapons to kill people.

That said, people like this guy have no business having access to guns.
    So you'll let anyone carry a weapon, and only take it away once they've killed someone? Nice.

I don't see what this has to do with guns. It is always the user that is the problem, never once has it been the gun's fault.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Tell that to this kid's family. If the US had sensible gun laws, he wouldn't be dead.
    bullshit. there are countless episodes where i live of people killed in street arguments, be it by knives, baseball bats or run down by car.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Latetomyownfuneral View Post
    I don't see what this has to do with guns. It is always the user that is the problem, never once has it been the gun's fault.
    Never once? A gun is probably the easiest way to kill someone, so going by that logic it's been the gun's fault more than once.

Why is the tool used to kill the kid more important than the reason he was killed? His music was too loud, we need music volume control - or we can just cut right to the end of that road and ban music.

Music kills children, this is the proof.

This game is fun

Quote Originally Posted by Gniral View Post
    bullshit. there are countless episodes where i live of people killed in street arguments, be it by knives, baseball bats or run down by car.
    Well by all means we should definitely do our darnedest to make it as easy as possible. Wouldn't want them having to resort to such exerting attacks to settle an argument once and for all. Assault rifles for everyone because people die anyway.

He shot him with one gun, not 20 different guns. So the number of guns that he owns doesn't have a damn thing to do with what happened, now does it?

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    Which needs to be done.
    Mhm. Do you live somewhere that doesn't allow people to defend themselves properly, or do you just wish you did?

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Gil View Post
    I don't know about you, but I wouldn't think of attacking 4 people with a knife, or unarmed, because I wouldn't feel empowered enough. But hey, pro-guns gotta live in denial...
    You really don't think he would have stabbed him if he'd had a knife instead?