10+ Year Old Account

Witcher 2 looks like crap!

Is this normal?

The game is great so far and I'm enjoying it but dear lord the textures are an eyesore....

I heard good things about the graphics, and that the game was beautiful, all I see is muddy textures worthy of an early xbox 360 title.

I have all settings on ultra except for "Ubersampling"

Does anyone have any suggestions to fix this or is it meant to look this bad?

Witcher 2 has some of the highest quality texture work on the market, dunno why you get it so muddled.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    you do have the right resolution, right?

Otherwise ive got no idea what you're talking about, Its one of the best looking games since Crysis :P

Deleted
    Either you have some severe problems with your computer, or your standards for good quality in games is so insanely high it's ridiculous. :P The graphics in Witcher 2 are amazing. I suggest you look at some screenshots and videos and compare those to yours, then if it's still an issue look up if anyone else has had the same issue before and how they solved it.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Witcher 2 is about the most beautiful game ever - fix your pc :P

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Using wrong resolution to your screen?
    Using an extra screen from some old gfx-port?
    Old cable where you convert the signal?

Try to check your monitors look at some of the websites that help you determining errors/adjusting of your screen to the best settings.
    http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

You probably have "Texture Downscaling" turned on, turn it off.
    Playing since 2007.

10+ Year Old Account
    Witcher 2 is an amazingly beautiful game. I have a feeling that this is a less than honest OP. Also if you are for cereals, try using a cpu that didn't come from a box of Cracker Jacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nab View Post
    Thank you!

I just put it on high and didn't even bother to check what it actually does, I should've guessed because it's called "downscaling" anyway, game looks amazing now, thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nab View Post
    Yea this is probably it, people just enable everything without checking what they are enabling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    Witcher 2 is an amazingly beautiful game. I have a feeling that this is a less than honest OP. Also if you are for cereals, try using a cpu that didn't come from a box of Cracker Jacks.
    i7-3960x @ 4.2 ghz and a GTX 680 no stingy parts here.

Anyway fixed. c:

To be quite honest, i did not get into Witcher 2. I've played and enjoyed fantasy rpg's before and this just didn't do anything for me. there i said it.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Sivick View Post
    To be quite honest, i did not get into Witcher 2. I've played and enjoyed fantasy rpg's before and this just didn't do anything for me. there i said it.
    Didn't do anything for me either at first, at least not compared to the first one. However after about a year I gave it a second try and YOWZA! The game is amazing, though WAY too short.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    If you played it when it was recently released I highly recommend you to give it another try, some patches made it immensely better, I believe some graphics issues was resolved but also some tweaks in combat, but most of all more cut scenes added and just a general better flow of the game.

Played through the game like four times, two of those were on dark mode, I just love the game and will probably play through it again soon.

*Possible minor spoiler*
    Siding with Iorweth (unsure of spelling) made for the best gaming experience, for me at least.
    Last edited by mmoce2fa46bcbe; 2012-11-28 at 01:11 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    WAY too short.
    Yeah, bit of shame. But if my only complaint is that it was over too quickly then I must have liked it.

Still splitting the second act was kind of dumb really, longer if more linear would have suited me better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Had the same issue. Game is beautiful but had a hard time getting into it, and I'm a big RPG fan in general. I think it was mostly due to all the railroading at the start. I tried it again a year later and loved it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Centerra View Post
    Yeah, bit of shame. But if my only complaint is that it was over too quickly then I must have liked it.

Still splitting the second act was kind of dumb really, longer if more linear would have suited me better.
    Getting to actually make a real choice that made a big difference is one of the things I loved about the game, gave it more of a replay value to try out different things and see the different results.

Deleted
    I felt the same way until I realized that the game was wrapping up soon after act 2 ended, wasn't happy at that point :P