Deleted

Do sylvari grow?

Despite them looking like humans somewhat, sylvari are plants. Plants grow. Do sylvari grow?

Wait, let's put it this way:
    If a sylvari lost a limb, would it grow back?
    If a sylvari reached 100 years, would it be larger then it was when it was "born"?

What do you think?

Deleted
    I like the idea of limbs growing back, but they'd look different.

Growing in general, perhaps. Out of proportion seems silly, but I'd like to think that the older Sylvari would end up a good foot or two taller than a younger one.

Deleted
    well, their cultural clothes are petals and sticks grown out of their own body. So I guess they can re-grow limbs aswell.

I for one wonder what material they are made of. It has to be some type of plant material that sinks in water easily since otherwise they would not be able to go underwater! They would just float.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sylvari answers a lot.
    When a sylvari is harmed, instead of scarring tissue they heal via tendrils and expanding bark, but heal at the same general rate as humans.
    It is unknown whether the sylvari die of old age as sylvari have only died through violence, poison or disease so far and no sylvari has shown signs of aging.
    i5 2500K | MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    I for one wonder what material they are made of. It has to be some type of plant material that sinks in water easily since otherwise they would not be able to go underwater! They would just float.
    Well their bones are wood and their blood is sap. Sap is freaken heavy.

Deleted
    Isn't sap incredibly slow in movement?

It must take them hours to get a boner.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post

More foreplay then.

10+ Year Old Account

Sex goes longer, we don't bleed out as fast, seems like a win win to me!!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Incognito Noctix View Post
    Thank you!

But how much can you cut before they can't regrow? I mean, if the head is cut off, can is still regenerate? And which part regenerates? The body or the head?

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Well said haha

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    No one should be bleeding out during sex. You are doing it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    No one should be bleeding out during sex. You are doing it wrong.
    I'm not the one bleeding out, that's you guys...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Having a pond and a 40 gallon aquarium I can assure you that there are plenty of plants that don't float and can remain under water without being rooted. Its a fantasy world where lizards give off bolts of electricity and puma's can turn invisible, sometimes you have to suspend disbelief and just play rather than trying to attach scientific law to everything.

Well it got me curious by the Sylvari Personal story, with the chance that there are more Pale Tree's and thus more Sylvari's. Maybe those who are more advanced in life than others.

Deleted
    But those sylvari could be different than the sylvari that we know best. Since the pale tree made them look like humans. But those other trees might mimic other things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    Well it got me curious by the Sylvari Personal story, with the chance that there are more Pale Tree's and thus more Sylvari's. Maybe those who are more advanced in life than others.
    That's a good point, the sylvari we met said he only remembers stuff from a few weeks back, but how old was he truly? Was he only a few weeks old? Or was it more but due to an event he couldn't remember beyond that?
    But those sylvari could be different than the sylvari that we know best. Since the pale tree made them look like humans. But those other trees might mimic other things.
    Well from what we know until now, the sylvari we met looked like a regular sylvari, I think there's even a face you can take. He did have some antennas though on the head, no clue what was the deal with those.

Deleted
    yeah he was only a couple of weeks old I think. His pod was somewhere south of metrica province right? how did it go all the way there.

Maybe some crazy asura experiment went wrong and he was just simply transported from his original location to where he was found? Remember the reactor at metrica? Things just seem to appear in there!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Having a pond and a 40 gallon aquarium I can assure you that there are plenty of plants that don't float and can remain under water without being rooted. Its a fantasy world where lizards give off bolts of electricity and puma's can turn invisible, sometimes you have to suspend disbelief and just play rather than trying to attach scientific law to everything.
    Oh man I saw your avatar and just burst into laughter. 10/10

Deleted
    yeah he was only a couple of weeks old I think. His pod was somewhere south of metrica province right? how did it go all the way there.
    I think he said he was coming from somewhere west. I went to the seer instead of going to the river where he was found, but maybe his pod fell into said river and was carried away by the water before his people could get it? That would make sense.