Deleted

WW Ascension - Soft Haste Cap

Switched to Ascension today which now gives 15% increased energy regen - and am finding it very hard to burn through energy on a 1 gcd chi generator, 1 gcd chi expenditure basis. Coupled with energising brew - how does this talent effect our stat priority - does this talent introduce a cap.

PS - my dps went up a lot as well....

Im sitting on 3805 haste atm (ilvl 384)

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Last night when I got home from work, I didn't have time to do a lot of testing before our raid. I did, however, switch to Ascension and a crit heavy build. For me, the playstyle, as a WW, was almost exactly the same. I had a nice, steady flow of energy and the dps gain was HUGE.

Definitely need to do some more testing, but right now, I'm leaning more towards crit. I do have 4414 haste in my current setup.
    Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.

From my LFR runs and target dummy bashings I find I have more energy than I can handle so about to reforge to crit>haste myself.

Don't know if it's just my sucky gear or what, but I was still feeling the need to hit the Energizing Brew button regularly.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyo View Post
    Don't know if it's just my sucky gear or what, but I was still feeling the need to hit the Energizing Brew button regularly.
    Last night, I would hit my energizing brew, but not anymore than I normally do. I just ran my numbers using the updated SimC and it still has me at haste>crit. Guess I need to run some tests on a dummy.
    Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.

i ran my normal high haste setup for heroic mv last night (8500 haste) and was gcd capped a lot (lust and not lust), could barely squeeze in FoF at this point. With FoF haste/tick bug being fixed I dropped my haste down to 6800 (16%) and forged off to some more crit (even out stat scaling/weights). Will see how it goes tonight while trying to use FoF more frequently instead of never...

Is simc updated to support the FoF hotfix? The last version I used seemed to adjust to the haste bug.

Deleted
    The FoF changes are not in the downloadable version, if you want to try them you'd have to download the source and compile it yourself. Or wait for the simcraft guys to compile a new version for 5.1.

Deleted
    Dropped my haste to 5.4k and got crit up to 4.7k. Definitely felt a nice DPS gain, and barely any change in energy since before the patch (slightly more of course) - but the 5 chi cap is insanely useful for fitting FoF in. It allows you to stack 5 chi and only care about the channel time of FoF in comparison to RSK (I need to cast FoF 3.6 seconds before RSK finishes CD) whereas before you'd need to fit in a jab in there, making it 4.6 seconds. It is way more flexible now (it did work decently before as I'm playing belf and could stack 4 chi, FoF and then AT -> RSK).

Overall it feels like a way smoother class between the Tiger Palm QOL buff, the nice 10% MS and using Ascension.

Deleted
    On the topic of RSK-FoF interaction, it seems to be a dps increase to delay RSK up to 1 second in order to fit in more FoFs.