Thread: RMAH Prices.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    Uhm.. no.

A macdonalds part-time worker in NYC earns around 10$/hour. You can earn pretty much the same money for other unqualified jobs.

You can't earn 100$ for 8 hour of playing in average in d3. You could sometimes be lucky, but in average you will earn 5$ a day tops.

So if you spend say 200$ on gear (and it will be not the best gear in the world), you'll have to play 40 days 8 hours a day to return your money back. Or you can just work on your real job and get those 200$ in 2 days.

So obviously you CAN get your money back by playing d3. But it does not make any sense.
    d3 farming is extremely monotonous and boring. Making a job out of a game means ruining all the fun in the game. 40 days of everyday farming will kill all your desire to ever play this game again.
    No one talked about spending money on buying gear. I wouldn't use the RMAH myself.

I would play the game, and hopefully get some of my money back. I didnt mean in 8 hours either, but in general. Wouldnt care if it was over 2 or 3 years. But at some point.

I want to cut off Blizzard cus they fucked the deal in my face. I dont want to support them with my money, if I couldnt get some money back eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    No one talked about spending money on buying gear. I wouldn't use the RMAH myself.

I would play the game, and hopefully get some of my money back. I didnt mean in 8 hours either, but in general. Wouldnt care if it was over 2 or 3 years. But at some point.

I want to cut off Blizzard cus they fucked the deal in my face. I dont want to support them with my money, if I couldnt get some money back eventually.
    You mean you want to buy a game and get the money you spent on purchase back? Yeah, most likely. It'll take you some time, considering that you wont be able to start farming immediately and you'll need to farm the gold for your own gear first.

But if your goal is "don't want to support them with my money", you did it wrong. You'll get your money back, but you'll get it from another person, not the blizzard. And blizzard will get their cut anyway. As well as the money you paid them for the game.

I doubt that even 20% of the money that players spend on RMAH goes back in the real world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Too much luck; It's ridiculous to the point where It's frustrating.
    Tell me about it. Even finding stuff to sell on the gold AH (or god forbid, actual upgrades I can use) seem to be impossible. Been back for about a week or so and casually farming Act3 on MP1 (MF of like 350 with 5 stacks), and the only thing I've been able to sell was some 1h weapon for 800k gold. With current prices of upgrades this buys me exactly nothing. It's so frustrating that after a weeks play all I have to show for is that 800k gold and the couple hundred thousand gold picked up.

Too much lottery, not enough steady progression

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I made just under 2000 dollars, and probably could have made more. I was on vacation when the RMAH launched for 2 weeks so I missed the best possible time to make a lot of money.

I played a lot though but I really did have fun with it. I quit for about a month waiting for the legendary revamp and then played up to level 48 paragon level on my WD before MoP came out. Since then I've only played a couple hours every second week, and currently sit at level 52 paragon.

It's all luck really. The best times for making money were as soon as the RMAH launched, the legendary revamp and after any minor balance or tweak to items (although these die down really quickly). I've never made 250 off of one item, but I did sell a mid roll witching hour a couple weeks after the revamp for over 200 dollars. Most of my items that I sold were decent rolled jewelry back that sold between 10-20 dollars, big ticket items were few and far between.

When I came back a few weeks ago I would mostly say that there really isn't much of a market right now. The entire middle part of the market might as well not exist as hardly anybody is interested in buying mid tier items or something that isn't ideal. Most middle items are now at the bottom with lowly items while perfectly rolled items can still sell for a decent penny.

About four months ago you could make good money if you had an efficient farming route with a little bit of luck. These days you can still make money, but nothing that screams steady income. You can chip away making pitiful amounts selling mid to bottom tier items for virtually nothing. Other than that, just like the lottery you need to get incredibly lucky to find something that is truly worth anything. In a sense it's always been like this though!

At this point I would only be playing because I enjoyed playing. When you compare your time spent with what your hourly wages would be, well you might as well get a real job. If you enjoy doing this though then it purely is bonus money as you would likely be using your spare/free time for something you would be making little/no money at as well.

I made around 600 dollars playing, the bulk of that right the launch of the rmah. (Sold two well rolled yellow rings for around 100 dollars each and and amazing ring in July for 200 dollars). The rest were small 3-5 dollar poorly rolled items. (I think I had a really good offhand in there that sold for 25), and that's it with nearly 400 hours played, mostly at inferno. Most of my playing was before the nerfs to difficulty though. Of late, I've sold a handful of items for 3 dollar or less and just got 2 items were 8 to 12 in theory today. (My gear lets me farm at monster level 1 only, so I am pretty weak in terms of most players I'd imagine. Everything I have is worth less than a million I think, though I've heard of people doing gear sets as low as 800k and managing to beat the game.)

I can't advocate ever really playing the game instead of doing a real job because it is just crazy. The one nice thing is if you enjoy the game, you can sell your excess stuff off and maybe have little fun money for your time. (Most games are net losses.)