Page 1 of 3
LastLast

In Memoriam - NPCs Lost Along the way...

I was just sitting and thinking of NPCs I just don't see in the game anymore. The first that came to mind was Samantha Swifthoof. She was the Femtaur that walked the road in STV from the bridge near the rebel camp, down toward the Gurabashi Arena. Haven't seen her since the cataclysm.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=11748/samantha-swifthoof

Who do you miss in the game and what happened to him/her?

Ahh plainsrunning. I remember that from beta. So damn inconvenient on a tank.

Hm, that gnome warlock Niby the Almighty in Felwood who I helped summon El Pollo Grande is gone, at least as far as I could tell. His imp Impsy is still running around up there, so I have to assume Niby met with fowl play at some point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fiora Longears, who I strongly believe wan an alcoholic. She spent all her time drinking in the Theramore inn, and finally ended boozing it up in a dock in Auberdine. How did that happen? (I mean, the lore reasons behind it) Then she was just most likely swept away by the cataclysm to never be seen again.
    Last edited by TheDangerZone; 2012-11-27 at 08:29 PM.

Captain Placeholder.

Mankrik's Wife.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Aw it's sad to think of the npc's killed in the cataclysm. I'm sure it goes with out saying, Cairne Bloodhoof.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    Fiora Longwars, who I strongly believe wan an alcoholic. She spent all her time drinking in the Theramore inn, and finally ended boozing it up in a dock in AUberdine. How did that happen? (I mean, the lore reasons behind it) Then she was just most likely swept away by the cataclysm to never be seen again.
    Fiora Longears. She is missed along with the rest of Auberdine's NPCs.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post
    I was just sitting and thinking of NPCs I just don't see in the game anymore. The first that came to mind was Samantha Swifthoof. She was the Femtaur that walked the road in STV from the bridge near the rebel camp, down toward the Gurabashi Arena. Haven't seen her since the cataclysm.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=11748/samantha-swifthoof

Who do you miss in the game and what happened to him/her?
    For the longest time I used to think if I got too close to her I'd aggro... Little did I know...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Fiora Longears. She is missed along with the rest of Auberdine's NPCs.
    Pretty much all of Auberdine's NPC's, yes. The questgivers, the innkeeper and tavern dude.

Deleted
    Those poor auberdine npc's. Was so sad when you first got there after the cataclysm!

Let's not forget all those lost in Southshore too. Now overrun with Forsaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Pretty much all of Auberdine's NPC's, yes. The questgivers, the innkeeper and tavern dude.
    You manage to save a few. But most are facedown floating in the water.

I haven't checked lately, but Sully Buloo (spelling of last name is prob wrong), the drowned dwarf in the water between Arathi and Wetlands that gave you the soggy letter, and started one of the saddest quests I have ever done. Though his wife is still there in Ironforge. I will have to go and see if I can talk to her, and see if she says anything. While I miss Magni Bronzebeard a lot, I am mad that after all those years, I haven't seen the statue we helped create to honor all the dwarves that died in the 2nd/3rd wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    Hm, that gnome warlock Niby the Almighty in Felwood who I helped summon El Pollo Grande is gone, at least as far as I could tell. His imp Impsy is still running around up there, so I have to assume Niby met with fowl play at some point.
    He was moved inside ICC. He is the warlock vendor.

The flight master looks to have been turned into the Forsaken flight master. Makes me sad.

Mr. Smite - why he was axed from Deadmines I do not know!

Cairne Bloodhoof - R.I.P

The Tauren who used to walk up and down the road in South Barrens and gave quests for the Dwarf outpost. He dies at the end of his new quest chain in Cataclysm (gunshot wound).

10+ Year Old Account
    South shore sucked, how many times did horde have to kill them before they went away. I bet for a while, those south shore NPC were most active PvP participants on PvE alliance side servers. They had it coming!

Quote Originally Posted by DuleRa View Post
    He was moved inside ICC. He is the warlock vendor.
    !!!

Alliance-side only, the Horde warlock vendor in there is an orc of some sort. This has lifted my spirits a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    You manage to save a few. But most are facedown floating in the water.
    The only one you save is Cerulean Whiteclaw, everyone else eventually succumbs to their injuries and dies
    Another gets tortured to death by Shatterspear Trolls trying to make her way to Lor'danel.

Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield View Post
    Mr. Smite - why he was axed from Deadmines I do not know!

Cairne Bloodhoof - R.I.P

The Tauren who used to walk up and down the road in South Barrens and gave quests for the Dwarf outpost. He dies at the end of his new quest chain in Cataclysm (gunshot wound).
    Oh no, Mr Smite isn't gone. Haven't you found him yet with his treasure chest and little boat in the Vale?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is Adon still around? He used to guard the Plaguelands gateway into the Ghostlands before TBC was launched.