Poll: Where is the cutoff?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    My family also buys a ticket every week, regardless of the prize ammount. Myself i have never bought a ticket.

Deleted
    I don't think I will ever play the lottery. The likelihood of ever winning a substantial amount of money from it is so small compared to the investment one puts in to playing it, that it is pretty much just throwing money away every week for most participants.

Last time I checked, lottery tickets were a pound in the UK and most people who played it bought 2 tickets every week. Now, say you play from the time you are roughly 20 years old to the time you are 80 years old. That's around £6240! Money most people will never see a return on. Seems stupid to me.

Orwell pointed out the depressing futility of it as something that kept the "proles" complacent and obedient to the Party in 1984 way back in '49. Nothing about it has changed since.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd beat myself up over 50,000.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Where is that cutoff point for you where you would "hate yourself" for not taking the chance?
    I would hate myself for wasting money on something I would most likely never win anyway. The chances are so bad, I don't see a point.
    So no, I would never hate myself. There is no cutoff point for me.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Never play the lottery.

Stupid-tax.
    if you don't want to spend $2, that's ok with me, but to call these people stupid cause they're giving themselves a chance to never have to work again, now that's just rude, and arrogant.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercoven View Post
    if you don't want to spend $2, that's ok with me, but to call these people stupid cause they're giving themselves a chance to never have to work again, now that's just rude, and arrogant.
    I doubt he's calling $2 on big jackpots stupid.

What is stupid, however, are those that consider buying lottery tickets an "investment." (If you don't believe they're out there, just watch the news.)
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.