Thread: Ulduar

  1. #1
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    39

    Ulduar

    Is it possible to solo Ulduar 25 in a time efficient manor as a Ret Paladin? I would love to grind out the Legendary mace. I think it is schmexy!

    Has anyone done this?

    How long did it take to get the mace solo?

    Any info would be much appreciated.

  2. #2
    if you can clear it solo with all bosses on hard mode then around 6 weeks to complete the mace, you will most likely need a friend for yoggy though as have only seen pet classes able to solo it.

  3. #3
    Time wise, you're going to spend some time doing FL. Just the nature of the encounter. Usually getting down to him and downing him takes me anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes. Then you speed through bosses pretty quick.
    <Playground Bullies> of Zul'jin (4/13H)

    i5-3230M @ 2.6ghz - 16gb DDR3 - 1TB HDD - Dual 1gb 660m in SLI
    i5-3570k @ 3.4ghz - 8gb DDR3 - 128gb SSD Boot Drive / 1TB HDD - Radeon 2gb HD7700

  4. #4
    Herald of the Titans Lord Pebbleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pebbleton Family Castle.
    Posts
    2,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Yau View Post
    Time wise, you're going to spend some time doing FL. Just the nature of the encounter. Usually getting down to him and downing him takes me anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes. Then you speed through bosses pretty quick.
    Well, he could just switch to 10men mode and roflstomp it. But i'd say, with MoP gear he could manage 25men hardmode if he brought in more than a vehicle.

    -Ignis should be cake. Even at level 85 you could just ignore the adds.
    -Razorscale gives you a stacking debuff, and if you reach 5 stacks you get petrified. And he refreshes it.
    -XT-002, tantrum might be a problem.
    -Iron Council, just stand in the rune and GG.
    -Algalon cannot be soloed by non-pet classes. Yet.
    -Kologarn is easy.
    -Mimiron 25 Firefighter is currenly too hard. I couldn't two-men it; dunno if you have some uber heroic gear.
    -Auriaya is easy.
    -Freya is easy, given you know the fight, adds, and kill the DAMN Eonar's Gifts.
    -Hodir might require too much dps yet. But i don't know how many tricks paladins can pull out.
    -Thorim is easy.
    -Vezax per se is easy, but 25 hardmode might be a bit harsh; remember the mana burning thing.
    -Yogg-Saron will WRECK YOUR VERY ESSENCE.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Well, he could just switch to 10men mode and roflstomp it. But i'd say, with MoP gear he could manage 25men hardmode if he brought in more than a vehicle.

    -Ignis should be cake. Even at level 85 you could just ignore the adds.
    -Razorscale gives you a stacking debuff, and if you reach 5 stacks you get petrified. And he refreshes it.
    -XT-002, tantrum might be a problem.
    -Iron Council, just stand in the rune and GG.
    -Algalon cannot be soloed by non-pet classes. Yet.
    -Kologarn is easy.
    -Mimiron 25 Firefighter is currenly too hard. I couldn't two-men it; dunno if you have some uber heroic gear.
    -Auriaya is easy.
    -Freya is easy, given you know the fight, adds, and kill the DAMN Eonar's Gifts.
    -Hodir might require too much dps yet. But i don't know how many tricks paladins can pull out.
    -Thorim is easy.
    -Vezax per se is easy, but 25 hardmode might be a bit harsh; remember the mana burning thing.
    -Yogg-Saron will WRECK YOUR VERY ESSENCE.
    If he switched to 10 man he wouldn't be able to make the legendary. All of the components only drop in 25 man, as was the case with all Wrath legendaries. Furthermore, the final quest needs to be completed on 25 man because Yogg won't cast Deafening Roar in 10.

  6. #6
    The only way you can do razorscale and xt is with insane burst.

    Dont think you can do either in 25 to be honest.

  7. #7
    Herald of the Titans Lord Pebbleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pebbleton Family Castle.
    Posts
    2,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    If he switched to 10 man he wouldn't be able to make the legendary. All of the components only drop in 25 man, as was the case with all Wrath legendaries. Furthermore, the final quest needs to be completed on 25 man because Yogg won't cast Deafening Roar in 10.
    I mean, switch to 10men for first boss and then go back to 25.

  8. #8
    Dunno if you can solo thorim. I tried just now on my hunter... Went down tunnel and was expecting all the arena mobs to just follow me. Instead I got 1 shotted by some boss mechanic that means you need 2 people (1 for tunnel 1 for arena).

  9. #9
    Soloed thorim hard mode on my hunter at level 85, not really hard.

  10. #10
    High Overlord Bianconeri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    185
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I mean, switch to 10men for first boss and then go back to 25.
    Well he shouldn't do that either, FL also has a chance of dropping a legendary fragment, however he can kill it on easymode as the drop rate for the fragment is not higher with all four towers up. I use this for reference when I need to know if I should kill a boss on hardmode or not for my fragments:
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Fragment_of_Val'anyr
    I assume it's correct, however those bosses where the hardmode fields are left blank can still drop fragment. The reason they are blank, I suppose, is that these bosses don't really have a hard mode where doing the fight in a particular way yields extra loot.


    To OP:
    All bosses can drop fragmens, but some have a higher drop chance on hard mode.

    I'm currently farming Val'anyr on my priest, what I do is kill Flame Leviathan, Razorscale and Ignis with my DK friend (FL easymode) and then go to trad eto get 7-8 people for the remaining bosses, for Yogg-Saron I try to get at least 10 or 11. If you were a lvl 130 character dealing hits of 50 million damage you would never solo Yogg-Saron 0-light because of the way Sara spams insanity to your raid through phase 2. She casts it far more often then in 10-man and its unavoidable. This is why you need a good amount of people in the raid so the sanity drain is (hopefully) spread out more or less evenly, RNG plays a part here, she will cast it on a random person. Taking into account that the boss is invulnerable for a good amount of time and that the encounter is tuned for 25 80's, you should either activate some keepers or make a decently sized party. The good news are that Yogg Saron has a 100% drop rate of Fragments of Val'anyr, even on the easiest mode on 25man.

  11. #11
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Brighton, UK
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Soloed thorim hard mode on my hunter at level 85, not really hard.
    Well would you care to elaborate then instead of just make a smug remark? Sorry not on topic I know but Firefly's remark irked me a bit

  12. #12
    Herald of the Titans Lord Pebbleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pebbleton Family Castle.
    Posts
    2,569
    ^
    Just kill the horde fighters, get in the tunnel, aggro the first big mob and run back to the arena ASAP to avoid the instadeath arcane ball. When you're in the arena, pop an Explosive Trap, while still having the big mob on you. Get back in the tunnel before the event resets; you will aggro the horde fighters again, but this time you will already be behind the gate. Kill the big guy and the horde fighters, but leave one of them alive so the event doesn't start. I recommend letting the orc with 500k hp to stay alive.

    So now you're in the gauntlet without having triggered the encounter. There will be no instakill ball. Just complete the gauntlet as you'd normally do, and when you're almost at Thorim, kill the orc, the event will start triggering. Run to Thorim so he descends; phase two will start, jump back in the arena. Enjoy your now easy kill.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Perceus View Post
    Well would you care to elaborate then instead of just make a smug remark? Sorry not on topic I know but Firefly's remark irked me a bit
    Well, do not really remember how I did it, just remember it did not take much coordination. Something about going into the tunnel, aggroing the big dude, resetting fight, hurry out quick before orb of death kills you, aggro the mobs in the arena into the tunnel then continue as normal.

  14. #14
    im not sure about solo but i do it every week with 3-4 friends and its very easy. we had 5 for freya this week and actually downed her through 150 stacks on 25HM - was pretty funny. we get six for yogg as the unavoidable sanity loss in the first phase can too easily cause a mind control with not enough people to spread around. that is, of course, if you care about doing 0 light for the mount. 17/30 to go... woo
    Last edited by crunk; 2012-11-30 at 05:17 AM.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    ^
    Just kill the horde fighters, get in the tunnel, aggro the first big mob and run back to the arena ASAP to avoid the instadeath arcane ball. When you're in the arena, pop an Explosive Trap, while still having the big mob on you. Get back in the tunnel before the event resets; you will aggro the horde fighters again, but this time you will already be behind the gate. Kill the big guy and the horde fighters, but leave one of them alive so the event doesn't start. I recommend letting the orc with 500k hp to stay alive.

    So now you're in the gauntlet without having triggered the encounter. There will be no instakill ball. Just complete the gauntlet as you'd normally do, and when you're almost at Thorim, kill the orc, the event will start triggering. Run to Thorim so he descends; phase two will start, jump back in the arena. Enjoy your now easy kill.
    One thing I cannot stress enough is that after you triggered the event the second time, you must aggro thorim after Sif appears but before he casts the instakill mechanic in order to successfully trigger phase 2. Here is a 10man video guide that can be applied to 25mans.
    Last edited by zsun; 2012-11-30 at 08:56 AM.

  16. #16
    Herald of the Titans Lord Pebbleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pebbleton Family Castle.
    Posts
    2,569
    Quote Originally Posted by zsun View Post
    One thing I cannot stress enough is that after you triggered the event the second time, you must aggro thorim after Sif appears but before he casts the instakill mechanic in order to successfully trigger phase 2. Here is a 10man video guide that can be applied to 25mans.
    Yep, you need to kill the mob and aggro Thorim afterwards Sif appears but before the ball is casted. That's not so difficult by the way, one can do it by accident or a couple tries after.

  17. #17
    -Vezax per se is easy, but 25 hardmode might be a bit harsh; remember the mana burning thing.
    Vezax still has the healing debuff for rets/enh btw, despite the fact that it serves no purpose whatsoever now (SR doesn't return mana and JotW doesn't even exist).

  18. #18
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    39
    Thanks all for the info!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •