Thread: Mount droprates

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Mount droprates

heya guys

I was wondering, have they changed the drop rates at all for the mounts from dungeons and raids, or are me and my girlfriend extremely lucky? Will let you know what happened.

Me and my girlfriend have 2 manned Tempest Keep for 2 months, and we now have one each. Dropped exactly a month ago today, and I passed it for her, and it now dropped about 20 mins ago for me. We also have killed Malygos 10 times in total on different chars, and have seen 4 Blue Drakes, and 1 Azure drake. And also today, we killed Onyxia for the tenth time, and it dropped and naturally I passed it for her. Are we just extremely lucky, or have they changed the drop rates at all?

Cheers!

P.S. Havent seen the Fiery Warhorse once in about 3 months on 4 different chars, and we've just started to two man Alysrazor, so hopefully that could drop too.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The fiery war horse is rarer then onyxia is the funny part

Quote Originally Posted by Phaethon View Post
    heya guys

I was wondering, have they changed the drop rates at all for the mounts from dungeons and raids, or are me and my girlfriend extremely lucky? Will let you know what happened.

Me and my girlfriend have 2 manned Tempest Keep for 2 months, and we now have one each. Dropped exactly a month ago today, and I passed it for her, and it now dropped about 20 mins ago for me. We also have killed Malygos 10 times in total on different chars, and have seen 4 Blue Drakes, and 1 Azure drake. And also today, we killed Onyxia for the tenth time, and it dropped and naturally I passed it for her. Are we just extremely lucky, or have they changed the drop rates at all?

Cheers!

P.S. Havent seen the Fiery Warhorse once in about 3 months on 4 different chars, and we've just started to two man Alysrazor, so hopefully that could drop too.
    Well I'v been killin Onuxia for months now, started on lvl85 solo, never got te drop. Alysrazor can be done solo by certain classes ( moonkin ) but still no mount. Atm I have Al'ar, Fier warhorse, both vanilla ZG mounts, baron mount ( it took me some 1000 kills to get it ), so i guess it depends how lucky you are

The thought to two-man or solo Alysrazor hadn't even occurred to me. I guess I didn't think the gap between 85 and 90 was big enough.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The thought to two-man or solo Alysrazor hadn't even occurred to me. I guess I didn't think the gap between 85 and 90 was big enough.
    It was soloed at 85

Quote Originally Posted by Iskra22 View Post
    It was soloed at 85
    By everyone and their mother playing every class right? Useless information is useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaethon View Post
    heya guys
    RNG is RNG
    I got both the mounts off malygos before I got the hailstorm for transmog

By everyone and their mother playing every class right? Useless information is useless.
    by a couple different classes at 85.

Fiery warhorse is like 0.2% drop, and you have really good rng luck.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

You never mentioned any class in any posts in the thread so far, so... Also moonkin, mage, and priest have all done it, not everyone, but not some super limited subset either.

Also, if it was solo'd at 85, literally every class could 2 man it by just standing in a corner. While the level 90 could do what he did at 85 only better.

You never mentioned any class in any posts in the thread so far, so... Also moonkin, mage, and priest have all done it, not everyone, but not some super limited subset either.
    I know when I tell someone something is solo-able I make sure to mention if specific classese are required because of the very likely chance that they don't play one of them.

I know when I tell someone something is solo-able I make sure to mention if specific classese are required because of the very likely chance that they don't play one of them.
    You specifically mentioned the gap between 85 and 90. So I pointed out the gap was irrelevant, as it was already done at 85. Class was never mentioned anywhere.

You specifically mentioned the gap between 85 and 90. So I pointed out the gap was irrelevant, as it was already done at 85. Class was never mentioned anywhere.
    Why must I specify? Soloing content is kind of dependent on class (and specs, and sometimes specific pieces if gear are required). Just look at ANY topic where it's discussed.

And the level gap is only irrelevant to the classes that could solo it at 85. Other classes find it very relevant.