Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Again it was the humans that shunned them at first, the forsaken didn't hate humans when they got their free will, they started hating humans when the humans just wanted them dead.
    Partly the truth, the forsaken did butcher Garithos and his men, though those would have betrayed them eventually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Partly the truth, the forsaken did butcher Garithos and his men, though those would have betrayed them eventually.
    Let's just say Forsaken and Humans never had any good reason to trust each others. Pretending there was good will in one camp towards the other in the beginning is just false.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post
    Well, I don't play Horde, cause I don't care much for them. As for the "suicide" angle, that is true for any race. I'm sure the forsaken don't really believe there is anything wrong with themselves. Did you even really think before you took the time to type all that out?

I apologize. I quoted the wrong post in my first post. I meant to quote the one below yours:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    As someone that plays forsaken toons I think being cured and dead with a chance to get into what ever afterlife azeroth has would be a better choice than my soul being trapped in an undead body cursed to walk the land. That actually makes me wonder do I and my fellow forsaken have souls or did they pass on at death before they were raised as undead?
    My reply was meant to point out that if his character wanted to escape undeath, he could do that easily by choosing deathdeath.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

If they were cured of the curse of undeath fairly certain they'd no longer be the Forsaken and would just topple over unanimated.

I think it was explained somewhere that your former life is just bits and pieces of what you find throughout your journey as undead. Once raised as forsaken, the person you were ceased to exist, however, since you are sentient, your "new" soul would be released into the ether after being cured.
    THIS.

The forsaken weren't just the exact same people but happening to be dead, a lot of who they were was lost with just a fraction of the memories.

IF they get their old "soul" and memories back, and became full living humans again... they would probably go mad at having been a corspe for 5 years, teamed up with their enemies, murdered their own friends and family that are in the Alliance, and not to mention having eaten their bodies after they kill them, there's no coming back from that.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

I think it was explained somewhere that your former life is just bits and pieces of what you find throughout your journey as undead. Once raised as forsaken, the person you were ceased to exist, however, since you are sentient, your "new" soul would be released into the ether after being cured.
    Then they must have changed this with the cataclysm overhaul. In the old version there were several quests where forsaken told you that after they regained their free will they immediatly went so see their (still living) families and they attacked them on sight. So they still had their full memories and personality.
    Many forsaken were depressed because of that and that is where the hatred comes from.
    I think at least some of the quests were removed with Cata like the one from felstone field in the western plaguelands.

Correct me if I'm wrong about the lore here, but I thought the Forsaken, as former citizens of Lordaeron, were never part of the Alliance in the first place. In any case, I don't think they'd suddenly want to switch sides, and I don't think they'd be welcomed by the Alliance either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry but unless a titan hovered his hand over the forsaken and did some titan mumbo jumbo and suddenly they were all remade into living creatures, there is nothing that'll 'fix' them.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Your point?

Wrathgate had NOTHING to do with the forsaken.
    Before the Cataclysm there were Forsaken (Royal Apothecary Society) all around Azeroth and Outland reseaching disease and plague strains.
    Putress even helped combat the Zombie-Outbreak in Shattrath, picking up more knowledge about how Arthas's Plague worked.
    While we cannot be sure, it is reasonably safe to assume that Varimathras sunk his fangs into Putress and started staging the Undercity Rebellion before the Zombie-Outbreak even began.
    We can even throw a bit more of a hypothesis out there: Are we sure that the Zombie-Outbreak was caused by Arthas; What if Putress and Varimathras organized the Zombie-Outbreak? As both a field-test and a way for Putress to be appointed as the Grand Apothecary, cementing his influence over the Royal Apothecary Society?

In short, the Wrathgate incident would not have happened if the Forsaken did not research the Plague.

If the forsaken were cured of the curse Im pretty sure they would be dead since the thing giving them unlife would be gone.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Quote Originally Posted by Griffter View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong about the lore here, but I thought the Forsaken, as former citizens of Lordaeron, were never part of the Alliance in the first place. In any case, I don't think they'd suddenly want to switch sides, and I don't think they'd be welcomed by the Alliance either.
    Lordaeron was one of the largest human and Alliance kingdoms. Even it's name is a combination of words from each of the three original main Ali factions. it pretty much WAS the human faction when Stormwind was destroyed originally, and was the city that spearheaded the second war against the horde. The City was as much part of the Alliance, as Ogrimar is part of the Horde.

The fact they so readily switched sides to fight with the Horde to kill other humans show's quite how little of their oringal selves must have been left over.

The Gilneans, for example, still showed their humanity and didnt, after initial fear and mistrust, decide they'd be ok killing all the other humans and eating their remains.
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2012-11-29 at 12:59 AM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    wrathgate had plenty to do with the forsaken

during vanilla you help make this eventual plague. the forsaken right under sylvanas under her orders make it.... putress just used it a tad early

Your point?

Wrathgate had NOTHING to do with the forsaken.
    So I have to spell it out -

Wrathgate leads to Battle for Undercity.

Once there, Varian sees what the forsaken have done to the kingdom he grew up in. He pretty much declares war against the Forsaken with the intent of cleaning house to get the kingdom back.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    THIS.

The forsaken weren't just the exact same people but happening to be dead, a lot of who they were was lost with just a fraction of the memories.

IF they get their old "soul" and memories back, and became full living humans again... they would probably go mad at having been a corspe for 5 years, teamed up with their enemies, murdered their own friends and family that are in the Alliance, and not to mention having eaten their bodies after they kill them, there's no coming back from that.
    There are several canon sources, that prove the forsaken remember their former lives. They still have the very same soul, though it is twisted. Most of them just don't care about their former live anymore. As to why the recent raised forsaken on the battlefield choose to attack their former comrades in arms.

Q: Why do some Alliance soldiers raised by the Forsaken immediately become loyal to the Forsaken while others do not? Are they being mind controlled? If so, by whom: Sylvanas or the Val’kyr? How does this relate to the fact that the Forsaken cultural identity is based on their free will and rebellion against the Lich King?
    A: Free will is one of the cornerstones of Forsaken culture, with the great capacity for both good and evil that it entails. However, some undead, especially those who die in combat or under extreme stress and are raised soon after, enter into a violent, frenzied state. Undead in this state are easily manipulated and their rage is often directed at the foes of those who raised them. After the effects wear off, if the risen corpse has not been destroyed, they are given the same ultimatum that other Forsaken are offered: join the Dark Lady or return to the grave.

still be shunned, probably. I mean have you seen what they've been doing? Just because they're human again doesn't mean they're nice again. Most have become embittered and vengeful, monsters on the inside as much as out.

It's part of their appeal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

If, as OP meant to say, they were cured of undeath and resurrected back to life, they wouldn't want to rejoin the Alliance. After all the terrible things the Alliance has done to them, there is literally no way. And if the Alliance offered to welcome them back into the fold, that would probably just piss them off even more, and for good reason! If someone told me they didn't want to be friends with me because I'm an atheist, and then I converted to Christianity and they got all chummy I'd tell them to fuck right off with their bigotry.

Quote Originally Posted by MargrimEU View Post
    We can even throw a bit more of a hypothesis out there: Are we sure that the Zombie-Outbreak was caused by Arthas; What if Putress and Varimathras organized the Zombie-Outbreak? As both a field-test and a way for Putress to be appointed as the Grand Apothecary, cementing his influence over the Royal Apothecary Society?
    Unless Putress and Varimathras had access to frost wyrms, nerubians and their architecture, I doubt it.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    It's part of their appeal.
    Very true

People always love bashing the Forsaken for being "evil", but honestly, they are a race of rotting undead, do people really see them acting like goody 2 shoes?
    Last edited by Dreknar20; 2012-11-29 at 04:09 PM.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Unless Putress and Varimathras had access to frost wyrms, nerubians and their architecture, I doubt it.
    Oh right, your probably correct there, I myself seem to remember the ZO and the attacks by the Necropoly as 2 different events, but I'm probably wrong there

---------- Post added 2012-11-29 at 08:52 PM ----------

I know all of that and it's still besides the point, it was not the forsaken that USED it and caused the Wrathgate incident.
    The Forsaken were instumental to the Wrathgate-incident, no Forsaken equals no New Plague

Quote Originally Posted by MargrimEU View Post
    Oh right, your probably correct there, I myself seem to remember the ZO and the attacks by the Necropoly as 2 different events, but I'm probably wrong there
    They appeared at later phase.