Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How to get exalted with the Order of the Cloud Serpent

I made a (somewhat) short video showing the spawn locations of the eggs for the Order of the Cloud Serpent Reputation. The video includes some of the following information:

• A tip to see eggs easier
    • A quick how-to regarding the revered daily
    • Actual spawn locations

Here is the video, showing the exact spots I check, and the paths that I travel:

Here is roughly the location you will want to be checking in. Make sure you check the peaks of the islands, around trees and in bushes. The eggs like to look exactly like the shadows, so they are hard to see sometimes!

And finally, here's what the eggs look like up close.

Last edited by PANDA EXPRESS; 2012-10-05 at 12:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh dear, now you've made the already long campfest even longer.
    Nevertheless, useful video.

I had no idea these eggs even existed.

Thank you. ❤

Quote Originally Posted by BoysBoysBoys View Post
    I had no idea these eggs even existed.

Thank you. ❤
    Np! Glad to help

I've made it to almost half-through revered just from dailies, I picked up 2 eggs out of this whole time. A little tip for those hunting, the eggs spawn after a server restart. Happy hunting

---------- Post added 2012-10-05 at 04:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    Didn't they nerf the spawn rate on eggs?
    Yeep, kinda stupid at this time imo.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by Antarias View Post
    Oh dear, now you've made the already long campfest even longer.
    Nevertheless, useful video.
    It's been impossible since like Day 3 anyways, not like it can get worse.

Anyways, this isn't really worth doing most of the time because it's so heavily farmed but to each his own I guess. Nice guide however, pretty informative for those crazy enough to do it

Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    Didn't they nerf the spawn rate on eggs?
    People speculate that they have, but it's not really confirmed. The competition has significantly increased though, as more people farm it now.

I was lucky and was in the first 10-15 people on my server to hit 90, most went to bed but I started my Dailies, found an Egg by accident and the proceeded to get all my 47 or so that I needed in like 2hours. Spawn Rate was definitely hotfixed after I had collected about 20 or so, I noticed a significant drop in how many I was finding per X minutes.

Brilliant Guide, and good luck to all of those who are farming the eggs now, I know it'll be a challenge, I would honestly say that doing the dailies everyday is probably just less hassle and stress :P

Doing dailies now, already into revered, quite an easy faction to exalt. Second easiest to Loremasters in this expansion probably.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yau View Post
    Doing dailies now, already into revered, quite an easy faction to exalt. Second easiest to Loremasters in this expansion probably.
    Aye. I got exalted with Lorewalkers on 26th and hit exalted with Order on 27th. Next will probably be Tillers, followed by Klaxxi.

Deleted
    Thanks, ill try this once the new reputation changes go through!

i was gonna farm eggs when i hit 90 on the second day, but then I said meh its only the 2nd day of the expansion

Deleted
    Based on all the people in my guild, who are whining about finding no eggs, and nerfed spawn rate, I'm glad I got exalted on the 26th, before the massive competition started for those eggs.

The GatherMate2 addon has most spawn points recorded and will show up on your minimap, though you might need the data addon too, to get the spawns.

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Based on all the people in my guild, who are whining about finding no eggs, and nerfed spawn rate, I'm glad I got exalted on the 26th, before the massive competition started for those eggs.

The GatherMate2 addon has most spawn points recorded and will show up on your minimap, though you might need the data addon too, to get the spawns.
    This is a pretty good idea if you can find someone with the gatherer data

Quote Originally Posted by PANDA EXPRESS View Post
    This is a pretty good idea if you can find someone with the gatherer data
    And here is where you get it.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/gathermate2_data

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    This is perfect, thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Good guide. I got exalted on the 28th of August and it pretty much sums up the spawn-locations. But if you are on a low pop server and want to be efficient check out the following screenshot. Cause some of these locations often does not got eggs. And the following screenshot shows what I found the quickest way to get the eggs, because it doesnt include long flights to get to 1 location where there might spawn an egg, but rather where most of the eggs actually spawns. Enjoy.

I will provide a better screenshot when the EU servers go up again

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, still gonna do dailies. I hated searching for Netherwing eggs, not going to repeat that again. I'll make a cursory glance once a day, see if I get lucky, but I don't have patience for such a thing.
    Putin khuliyo

I'm 60 rep away from Exalted. D:
    Logged in right after the reset this morning and found 12 eggs straight away, just need 1 more...

[e] ....aaand found it!

Ont: Loved the map for eggs <3
    Last edited by Eliot123; 2012-10-06 at 05:32 AM.