Deleted

Herald of the Titans and [Reply-Code Alpha]

Hello.
    I am aiming for the Herald achievement and I got in my last Ulduar 25 run from Algalon [Reply-Code Alpha].
    It gives ilvl 239 backs or rings.
    I know for armor 226 ilvl is max, but I remember that anything dropped from Algalon works on Herald.
    Is this true?
    Edit: I must add I will do Herald on 10 man.
    Last edited by mmoccf8ee740f8; 2012-11-28 at 04:59 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    every slot has to be 226 except the weapon which can be 232. Doesn't matter really where it comes from as long as those two things remain true.
    My Rig:
    ASUS P8Z77-V LX, Intel i5 3570k @ 4.3 ghz, Hyper 212 EVO
    EVGA Geforce GTX 670 Superclocked, G-Skill Ares 8GB DDR3 1600
    Mushkin Chronos Enhanced 120 GB SSD boot/WoW/BF3 drive, Cooler Master HAF 912 Case

Quote Originally Posted by Exceeed View Post
    Edit: I must add I will do Herald on 10 man.
    There's no other option for Herald. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Clawtastic View Post
    every slot has to be 226 except the weapon which can be 232. Doesn't matter really where it comes from as long as those two things remain true.
    thank you for the answer, I honestly couldn't find a straight forward answer like that before.

Just finished my Herald run Saturday night after a month's prep. The first comment on this page has all the info you need.

http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=3316

Good luck!

10+ Year Old Account
    The ilvl239 ring is a quest reward from Algalon25, and since the boss itself is considered hardmode, you cannot use the gear he drops.
    You can, however, pick the Reply-Code from the normal version and get a quick and easy back/ring.

EDIT: I mean, yes, as someone above me said, maximum Ilvl for gear is 226, and maximum for weapons is 232, no matter where they come from. Ulduar25 hardmodes drop additional 239 gear that's automatically uneligible for the achievement.

Deleted
    No offense, but should read the first line of the achievement ....

Herald of the Titans
    Defeat Algalon the Observer in 10-player mode at level 80 without anyone in the raid wearing any equipment with an item level higher than is available in 10-player Ulduar.

you can 100% gear up enough for this achievement in icc 5 mans. just use that gear.